shae's cut her hair off!!

shae101s

Hey guys! A Happy 2012 TO EVERYONE!!!!!
I know it's been forever since I made a thread here, but I wanted to share some updates. I recently cut off all my hair in an effort to regrow it stronger, longer and much healthier than before. As well, having dealt with breakage and issues at the nape/edges and crown area I needed a much anticipated break, so I decided to cut it off!

ETA: I've been natural since June 2007...This big chop is just a fresh start on a continued journey :)

Ok...back to the post

Here are some pictures on it: The True Cut was done:
November 18th 2011

(I did my initial big chop at home on the 16th, but went to the barber and had him even it all out on the 18th, so I document from that day forth).

If you want to see a video I posted one month post, last December 2011, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJkDd5lxgZc

As well check out the video of how I wash and moisturize on my channel.

For all you naturals out there, particularly type 4 hair, what are you using this winter to moisturize and seal your hair? Please share products, regimens and tools. Thanks.

Currently I co-wash mostly and then I will use a light leave-in and a light oil to seal and that's it. So far pretty good, but I'd love to see more deeper moisturizing leave-ins and sealants if possible, so please share. :)

Last edited:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
You look really pretty. The texture of your hair is gorgeous and the shape of your head is very lovely as well.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Thank you!! What are you using in this winter for moisture??

Oh gosh, lots of stuff. I am a PJ :lol: Mostly I like butters (like shea butter or stuff with shea butter in it). The biggest boon to my moisture is probably deep conditioning and I've been using Lustrasilk Shea butter plus because it works so well for me and is nice and cheap, er, inexpensive. I also will not rinse all of it sometimes to give myself something of a leave in.

shae101s

Thanks everyone. Any one have suggestions on products I could use for moisture during this winter?

Bump bump bump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

justNikki

Do you have a retailer near you that sells Qhemet? If so, check into the Burdock Root Butter Cream (just a little goes a long way).

As far as a DT, I've been using KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask (but I only buy this on sale because it costs $25 each). A great alternative is to add olive and honey to your favorite conditioner (I use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner) and sit under a heat cap or dryer for 20 mins.

Good luck with your journey....you look beautiful.

bibs

You look great! Congrats on your bc :) I mainly use elasta qp mango butter and seal with coconut oil on damp hair. Hth.

Sent from my Droid Incredible II

ChocLitDoll

You ROCK Shae!!!!!I'm 6months into a 12month stretch! When I hit 12months I'm gonna cut off alot of this hair I have too! It will grow longer n stronger and you will be glad You did it! HHG!!!!!!:yep:

ChocLitDoll

Hey Bibs!!!I'm making a come back from a set back as well. We've just got to keep at it! It will be worth it in the end. HHG!!!!

Stormy

I love your curls! As for moisture I'm in the South so the only thing I add (besides my EVOO and EVCO mix) is QP Elasta Mango Butter. I love that stuff for the winter months!

For shampooing I use my Elucence more in the winter followed by a little more deep conditioning with the moisturizer.

My hair is longer now than the avitar. I keep that there to show where I started from when I post my pics later this year. :grin:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Congratulations!!!

Awwwwww!! Watching your video now! You're so cute! I'm loving your curlies and quirkiness.. :grin:

I'm using Giovanni and QB products right now. The only shampoo I'm using is Shea Moisture since I'm not clarifying (using mostly natural products.)

shae101s

Thanks everyone for all the awesome comments. I really hope I didn't mislead anyone, this is my SECOND big chop. Having been natural since June 2007, I had a few years of cutting for style, growing, cutting, cutting, lol. Then finally this second big chop came as a result of my hair breakage woes, plus wanting a fresh new start on the continued journey.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on products I could use. Any more suggestions would be great. :)

shae101s

Yay!! I hit the 2 month mark since my cut, last week! Loving it thus far. Still selecting the perfect products for my hair, but I've come up with some stuff thus far. Thanks again everyone!