Help Me!! Fighting the Urge to Cut 1/2 My Pony Tail Off!!

biancaelyse

Every spring, I do a big chop and cut my hair to about shoulder length.

I've been mostly bunning but my hair is in a pony tail today. I was looking at it in the mirror and had the impulse to grab the scissors and cut half of it off :perplexed

I'm currently at MBL, trying to ignore the voices in my head urging me to chop chop chop.

I'm even in a TBL challenge - so what's wrong with me??

I need one of these so I don't turn my head and see my ponytail today:

OhSoOthentik

Your hair is beautiful. If you want to cut it, then go right ahead and cut it. But think about it for a few days before you do so. Evaluate your hair goals and see if having TBL or SL is what u really want. Good luck with your decision!

Nayeli

Noooooooooo! Take some breaths and leave the mirror alone Bianca. It'll be fine. It'll be just fine!

LadyPaniolo

You do this every year? :huh: Why?

If you want to ensure you don't cut your hair off, you need to put it in some kind of protective style like braids, cornrows, a weave, or something until the urge passes. I'm in the TBL Challenge with you, and I'll be :spank: :burnup: if you hack off your hair!!!

OhSoOthentik

If you want to ensure you don't cut your hair off, you need to put it in some kind of protective style like braids, cornrows, a weave, or something until the urge passes. I'm in the TBL Challenge with you, and I'll be :spank: :burnup: if you hack off your hair!!!

I actually kind of understand where she is coming from. I usually get the urge to cut my hair every spring also. This is actually my first time in my life having a plan to just leave it alone and let it grown. So, I get it

mscocoface

It must be the season for hair cutting itis!

So do we need to do an exorcism, intercession, intervention, what, what?!?!?!??!

So we have to reason with the voices in your head?

Okay ask the voices why do they want to cut?

May I ask where is the voice or voices that want to reach tailbone length? I would like to talk to them too while we are at it. :ohwell::spinning:

Come on lets just have a meeting. If we are going to fight then let's get to it!!!!:yep::drunk:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I'm also fighting the urge to cut right now. I bought hair so I can put kinky twists in. Maybe you could do something similar to put your hair away until the urge passes. Or get a facial or mani/pedi/anything to distract you from your hair for a while

biancaelyse

I tell you I am straight crazy - the idea starts and the next thing I know I have a bunch of hair on the floor. If I don't have a hair appt, I'll do it myself :(

It doesn't matter if my ends are healthy - I just want to chop. I have no idea where this feeling comes from.

dlewis

BE, I think it's a good idea to wait until you reach hip and then gradually cut like you said. Don't cut it now.:nono:

But if you decide to cut it'll grow right back. I've seen very few people who's hair grows as fast as yours.:yep:

dlewis

I tell you I am straight crazy - the idea starts and the next thing I know I have a bunch of hair on the floor. If I don't have a hair appt, I'll do it myself :(

It doesn't matter if my ends are healthy - I just want to chop. I have no idea where this feeling comes from.

Just think of all the things you can do with that long hair. Wrap you and your husband up in it :blush:, maybe you could straighten just for a change in styles.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Hey BE!! I'm in those challenges with you. Don't do it. I didn't make WL last year because I couldn't stand not to chop. Hang in there!

Diva_Esq

I feel your pain! I'm looking at my hair, about 2" from my 1st goal of APL, and I want to just cut all of the relaxed ends off, which would take me to about 5" of hair. *big sigh* But I'm going to hang in there...as long as possible... *huge sigh*

I have the itis to cut too!

biancaelyse

One spring back in college I had my hair in braids and I chopped it off cut through the braids, and all. I didn't even use a good pair of scissors so I had to get that fixed.

I've been doing this since HS.
The only times I didn't get the spring chopping fever was when I was pregnant and had small kids. I was too tired to look in the mirror.

Just think of all the things you can do with that long hair. Wrap you and your husband up in it :blush:, maybe you could straighten just for a change in styles.

He is the worse one. He doesn't like long hair and has been after me to go down to a TWA and has offered to cut it himself.

dlewis

Yea, I forgot about that.

Maybe we should start a Don't cut it challenge. I'm on a personal challenge "no cutting for a month".

Ediese

Have you even been to TBL before? I definitely think you should wait until you reach that goal, and then chop if you're still feeling the urge.

You have such gorgeous hair. I can't wait to get there!

mariofmagdal

I was a seasonal cutter during the Spring too, why because the hair grew right back very quickly, and that was well before finding this site and taking better care of my hair. My hair grew and grew even without proper care. I totally understand your position. If I were not on this journey alongside my daughter, I am sure I would have cut by now too. Follow your heart.

lux10023

aunty b noooo lol

sometimes you feel in the mood for a new look...so maybe a visit to the salon new hairstyle or etc may do the trick...

biancaelyse

Have you even been to TBL before? I definitely think you should wait until you reach that goal, and then chop if you're still feeling the urge.

You have such gorgeous hair. I can't wait to get there!

I have but it's been a long time since my hair has been anything below the waist.

My plan was to hit WL or TBL and then cut it to shoulder length but the way I'm feeling, I may not make it :ohwell:.

onelove08

Do what makes you happy! I used to cut my hair every three months 2-3 inches because I only wanted my fro a certain size. Now, I think I am ready for growth.