SETTING LOTION

TLC1020

Ladies, I need a setting lotion that will leave my hair soft! I used to use Motions at Home Wrapping Foam but it left my hair dried out after I came from under the dryer. :nono:

I need an excellent setting lotion for straight relaxed hair like in my avatar :grin:

Last edited:

asubeauty

That Motions foam did the same thing to my hair; it was dry and crunchy. :nono: I'll never use that stuff again.

I don't use setting lotion anymore unless I want to keep the curls. When I do, I use very diluted Lottabody.

Soliel185

I like Elasta QP Styling Foam. It's not loaded with alcohol and my hair dries shiny and soft. I got it @ Sally's for 3-4 bucks.

TLC1020

Thanks ladies, Sorry I made a clarification.. I meant I need a setting lotion or a foam that will leave my hair soft after drying and flat ironing!! I tried Elasta QP but it was so sticky that I had to rewash my hair :nono:..

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I too have given up on setting lotions 9motions never did anything for me and ors left my hair dry) now i just use a little giovanni direct leave in, coconut oil, and hawaiin silky moisturizer... it leaves my hair soft and shiny..:grin:

Esq.2B

Though Lacio Lacio is technically a leave-in, for me, it doubles as a setting lotion. It definitely helps with the set. I can see a clear difference in the curl when I use Lacio Lacio leave-in versus Africa's Best Liquid Mayo leave-in. I alternate between those two when I'm wearing a straight style.

When I'm wearing a curly style, I use diluted Lottabody mixed with Lacio Lacio.

PeggyFair

I have been using " Stay On Satin" Night time setting lotion on both wet and dry sets. It is by the same people who makes the hair bonnet. I really like it because it leave the hair soft with a nice set

Here is the site: http://www.stayonsatin.com/treatments.html

It works for dry sets? Does it work as good as Miss Kool, which has been discontinued..I am still looking for something that will do a dry set as good as Miss Kool.

tbaby_8

I currently use Nu Expressions foaming wrap lotion which is very good. But my back up setting lotion is by silk elements @ sally's. It is very good and it doesn't leave your hair hard or crunchy, but you can't be heavy handed with settion lotion anyway or it can give you that dry and dull feeling.:ohwell:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I love Miss Kool and I think this may be good. I can't say it is as good just yet but so far I like it. My curls are defined and set but not hard like other setting lotions.

It works for dry sets? Does it work as good as Miss Kool, which has been discontinued..I am still looking for something that will do a dry set as good as Miss Kool.

PrettyBlackHair

I have never used Miss Kool, but I would assume that the Motions Conditioning Setting Lotion would work ok for dry sets as well since it has pretty good hold and is not very drying to the hair. I looked on the Motions website and they also have this setting lotion which I have never tried but it looks a little better than the Conditioning Setting Lotion from the description....heres the link:

http://www.motionshair.com/M_brands/M_br_msh6.cfm

ritzbitz78

Dudley's Q Fantastic Body Texturizing Setting Lotion.

It isn't crispy, and leaves hair with a firm hold, soft, and very shiny.