Setting lotion and the life of your curls...

beana

I currently do not use setting lotion or anything other than a leave in before roller setting my hair. I notice i have a curl/style life of 2 days. I'm looking for something to extend the life of my style by a day or so (volume and curl wise). I have Elasta QP design foam and New Image Damage free heat protectant which claims to add body and volume and I'm wondering if anyone has any reviews for these two products and their ability to help maintain the hair style. I have 4a fine hair which is probably why my curls never look rich long after taking down my rollers.

I dont want crunchy or dry hair, so i'm open to anything that provides a soft feel after use. I have a few questions below:

Do you use it? if so how often?

How long do your curls last?

Are there any other methids you use to preserve your curls? (for ex, a special wrapping method, curlers at night etc)

whats the best roller setting product in your opinion?

TIA

luvlonghair

beana said:
I currently do not use setting lotion or anything other than a leave in before roller setting my hair. I notice i have a curl/style life of 2 days. I'm looking for something to extend the life of my style by a day or so (volume and curl wise). I have Elasta QP design foam and New Image Damage free heat protectant which claims to add body and volume and I'm wondering if anyone has any reviews for these two products and their ability to help maintain the hair style. I have 4a fine hair which is probably why my curls never look rich long after taking down my rollers.

I dont want crunchy or dry hair, so i'm open to anything that provides a soft feel after use. I have a few questions below:

Do you use it? if so how often?

How long do your curls last?

Are there any other methids you use to preserve your curls? (for ex, a special wrapping method, curlers at night etc)

whats the best roller setting product in your opinion?

TIA

A lot of members have problems with the life of their rollersets. A lot of us pincurl our hair before bed so that our curls last longer.

Here is a link from another member showing you how to pincurl.
URL]

HTH:)

Last edited:

rdm

I use lotta body setting lotion. I think that i need to dilute it more. It works great for me. After drying, I wrap my hair and it is bouncy for a few days....it is still nice though...

lovelymissyoli

Motions Conditioning Setting Solution (the liquid, not the foam) --- I wouldn't use anything else after using this product! Originally I was a Lottabody setting solution user until I discovered this!!

You asked a few other questions that I've answered in my album. Take a look @ the "How to Strawset" album and I'm pretty sure you'll find my response to your questions there.

Also, I thought I might add that my strawsets and flexi-rod sets usually last me around 2-3 weeks. So if your curls only last for a few days (even though you're referring to rollersetting), you still may want to invest in some setting solution!

Here's a pic of my strawset from when I was transitioning ... the setting solution should still work the same for you even though you are rollersetting!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I know Lottabody is somewhat old school but man it's the truth. I use the kind you dilute and my natural hair always gets smooth, sleek, shiny curls like my hair was relaxed.

BronzyBella

I tried LottaBody setting lotion the other day for the first time. I used it to do a braidout. The braidout looked okay, but my hair felt kinda filmy and I actually experienced some breakage of my ends!!!

I'm pretty sure that although I diluted it with 3-4 parts water, I used TOO much (about 3 oz. or so as a mixture).

I'll probably bring myself to give it one more try, using less product.

dlewis

rdm said:
I use lotta body setting lotion. I think that i need to dilute it more. It works great for me. After drying, I wrap my hair and it is bouncy for a few days....it is still nice though...

I use Lotta Body Setting Lotion also.

And I have used Elasta QP design foam (2 bottle of it) but I went back to Lottabody.