Semi Permanent Rinses

ChynaDoll.K

Today I went out and got clariol beautiful collection semi permanent rinse in honey brown.My question is can a color rinse cause damage and what kind of DC should I follow up with,moisture or protein and has anyone used this brand of rinse and what were your experinces with it.

shunemite

No, it won't damage your hair. I use them all the time. The only draw back is that they don't last and the color is not as "vibrant". I use the same one you're using, as well as Jazzing (same company, just that Jazzing is more vibrant) and Adore when I'm broke coz it's usually $2.00. Basically I always use gloves coz it'll stain your hands, and also I put vaseline on my forehead and ears so they don't stain. I just put the bottle upside down and squirt. I'll put on a shower cap and sit under the dryer for 25-30 minutes. Then rinse until the water is CLEAR!!! If you don't your pillows and car head rest will all be red or brown or black and you'll be highly ticked off. At this point the hair is hard. I always DC with a moisturizing co. I use humecto or Nexxus with heat for a good 20 -30 min. Then my hair is soft and supple.

You will love the way your hair looks with rinses. The only thing, like I said earlier, they only last about 4 washes (the bottle says 6) and then you have to redo it. My hair doesn't break at all with a rinse. All it's doing is coating the cuticle.

Barbie83

I would follow-up with a really good moisturizing DC. When u rinse the color out, your hair will feel a little stiff with not much slip. A moisture DC will soften it right up :yep:

Kneechay

i also want to try the Jazzings in bluest black. I was going to try the Bigen, but I got a little scared of the effects I've been reading.

Can I shampoo my hair after I do a rinse? Will it wash it out? I'm paranoid my hair will not be clean if I don't shampoo and DC after I wash out the rinse.

shunemite

i also want to try the Jazzings in bluest black. I was going to try the Bigen, but I got a little scared of the effects I've been reading.

Can I shampoo my hair after I do a rinse? Will it wash it out? I'm paranoid my hair will not be clean if I don't shampoo and DC after I wash out the rinse.

Your hair will be clean without shampooing. Just run cool water over your head until it's completely clear. You can shampoo, it won't wash it out. It just won't last as long. Sometimes if I'm rinsing and rinsing and rinsing and the water's not running clear I say "F" it and add a little shampoo, then I do my DC.

Kacie

There have been reports of folks' hair drying out something terrible, even with DC after the color. Jazzing and Clairol both gave me this effect.

For MY hair, I've found Adore and Sebastians to provide the best non-drying color payoff.

Kurlee

how long do ya'll rinse until the water is clear? I rinsed for 20 minutes and the drip was still slightly tinged with color

locabouthair

There have been reports of folks' hair drying out something terrible, even with DC after the color. Jazzing and Clairol both gave me this effect.

For MY hair, I've found Adore and Sebastians to provide the best non-drying color payoff.

I noticed the same thing. Except with Sebastians the color last much longer then Adore, but neither of them leave me with rough hair. That clairol left my hair feeling hard and rough. I already have coarse strands to begin with.

Dacia38

I use Jazzing Jet Black and I ALWAYS use a moisterizing shampoo and conditioner after applying. I apply my rinse after my relaxer and have never had any problems. I apply the rinse then put on a plastic cap and sit under my blowdryer for 30 minutes. My rinse typically last about 4 to 5 washes.

My profile picture was taken 2 days after I relaxed and applied my rinse. I love jazzing...just wished it would last a little longer.

~Dee

Last edited:

chrstndiva

I used to use the Beautiful Collection and now I used the Clairol enhanced gray solution. With both I discovered that my hair only feels dry or hard after rinsing the color when I use heat. When I don't use heat, it still feels nice and soft and still has some slip.

I just let it sit on my hair for 45 minutes ( i have gray hairs so I need a longer processing time), rinse until clear and then follow up with a DC (also no heat) for about 45 minutes to an hour. I stopped using heat on the days I do color and my hair feels much softer.

Not sure why this works for me.

Last edited: