Best Semi-Permanent Color

RabiaElaine

Hey Ladies,

I'm sure some of you saw my other thread today about coloring jet black hair. I've decided for now I won't do anything permanent. I'll just try a semi-perm or a rinse. I've use Clairol Beautiful Colors in the past with success. Do any of you have any other suggestions of semi-permanent colors that might be good.

SouthernGirl

I used Clarol's Natural Instincts in Midnight recently and I recommend it if you want your hair jet black. It is VERY dark! It took some getting used to for me, but now I LOVE it.

It's a semi-permanent that never rinses out (from what I've heard) so I'm hoping I'll never have to color again. I've had it in for about 1 month now, and I've been c-washing almost daily and the color is very black still.

HTH,

SG

RabiaElaine

Yeah I was thinking about trying one of their brown colors like Rosewood of Dark Bronze Brown (can't remember exact name) anyway I don't think it will work for me because my hair is Jet Black already and the only way color will show on me is if I lift the black off and put new color on which I can only use a permanent color to do. I rinse my hair yesterday with Clairol Beautiful Colors in Cedarwood Brown, you can't see the color at all, not even a hint of it in sunlight. My hair is a bit shinier though but that's it.

Anyway I'm going to think about it over the next month or so and see what I want to do. I got a recommendation for a stylist from a woman I saw in my regular hair salon who had gorgeous color and a gorgeous head of hair (very healthy, very thick, body, movement...everything I could ever want from my head of hair). Anyway she recommended me to her stylist who she's been going to for years. Apparently her stylist is Peruvian and a bit of a celebrity stylist (so a bit pricey). But she swears that the woman is worth the money she charges because she cares A LOT about the health of the hair first. She said that she had had her color for about 4 years now and that it didn't happen all at once that the hairdresser changed it gradually so that she could avoid breakage. She also said that when she first went to this stylist that her hair was literally falling out of her head at the root from someone putting a super relaxer in her hair. She said that her head looked awful before she started seeing this lady. And believe her hair is beautiful!!!

Anyway I'm going to sleep on the color thing for a few weeks, and maybe I'll go in for a consultation with that lady.

Kitkat

I also use Clairol's Natural Instincts in Dark Espresso Brown. It works pretty well for me. The color lasts a long time, and I re-touch my roots every two months.