RINSES VS. PERMANENT DYES

princessdi

RINSES vS PERMANENT HAIR COLOR (DYE)

Has anyone experienced breakage from a chemical rinse? I had a lot of breakage and my hair is badly damaged due to a rinse. My hair dresser said that the rinse wasn't as harsh as a permanent dye, but my hair still couldn't take the rinse.

Anyone else experienced breakage with a rinse?

princessdi

I previously posted this message but I don't see it in the thread so I'm posting again. Sorry if it's already out there.

My original question was:

Has anyone experienced damage and breakage due to a rinse? I had a rinse put in a couple of months ago and it really damaged my hair causing it to break really bad and become very fragile.

My hair dresser told me that the rinses are not as harsh as a permanent dye. Anyone else experience damage with rinses?

TowsonGirl

Re: RINSES vS PERMANENT HAIR COLOR (DYE)

I have a rinse now , and have been rinsing my hair for the past couple of yrs. When i used to permanently dye it, it broke badly, but not with rinses. Last month, I actually put a red rinse in my hair, then 2 weeks later I rinsed it black. And honestly, my hair is the healthiest and strongest its ever been. I think rinses have helped the strength of my hair. But for you, they may be too much, or maybe your breakage could be due to something else. Either way, if I were you, I would lay off the rinses until the breakage stops, to be on the safe side. HTH!:)

RainbowCurls

I've never noticed any difference in my hair from using rinses.
A lot of them say they are conditioning too.

I've read that some members found 'jazzing' rinses drying though.

toniy

I am not an expert on anything yet, but I here very good things about Henna for color.