Self relaxing/dominican blowouts and demarcation.

LBoogie

Self relaxing/dominican blowouts and demarcation (HELP)

Hi Ladies

I have a quick question and needs advice...

I have faithfully getting my blow-outs and I KNOW I need to relax this week in order to be able to relax again before my wedding. I'm 8 weeks post (which is a milestone for me --- a former 5 week touch up girl) and i KNOW there is no way im going to make it to 17 weeks (total from last perm until wedding). The problem is, I just got a blowout last week and have a little new growth BUt, since Judy hooked me up so well, I cant get an accurate read on my new growth demarcation....

I was wondering if I could spritz my hair with water, let the new growth revert from the blow out, wait until it dries and touch it up (in the same day).

Please advise.

TIA

Last edited:
I think that sounds like a good idea ..maybe do it in the morning..try not to manipulate your scalp too much and let your hair dry all day then apply the relaxer....do you go to Judiths? I love her!! She does excellent work.

I'm not sure why no one responded. But my idea is as long as you air dry your hair and wait until it's completely dry you should have no problems. I would not put a relaxer on wet hair because it's going to process faster.

I hope that helps.

So my answer, wet the hair, air dry it, wait, make sure it's dry and then relax the new growth only.

IMHO, That sounds like it would cause your relaxer to burn. Thats a lot of manipulation to then put a relaxer on the very same day.

I think that sounds like a good idea ..maybe do it in the morning..try not to manipulate your scalp too much and let your hair dry all day then apply the relaxer....do you go to Judiths? I love her!! She does excellent work.

I was thinking about just splashing some water (just water) on the roots and letting it air dry...then touching it up.

Yes, I always go to Judiths, so much so that I can't get an accurate read on my newgrowth. LOL

But I do know, every two weeks that Ive gone, I've had good growth, so it HAS to be over an inch now, yet I'm only seeing about 1/4 inch now because of her foolery with that blowdryer. lol

I'm not sure why no one responded. But my idea is as long as you air dry your hair and wait until it's completely dry you should have no problems. I would not put a relaxer on wet hair because it's going to process faster.

I hope that helps.

So my answer, wet the hair, air dry it, wait, make sure it's dry and then relax the new growth only.

Oh, no no no....I wasnt going to put the relaxer on wet hair, i was going to let it dry completely.

I just wasnt sure about having water on the hair X amount of hours before relaxing.

Back