Staring In November I Will Be Using All Natural Products

ag00

I've just had it with shampoos and conditioners and sulfate free shampoos and natural hair brand shampoos that don't work for my hair. It's time for me to cut my losses and go on a REAL natural journey. Starting in November, I will be using mud shampoos, grease, and naturals oils like coconut or castor. And let my hair do it's thing.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

ag00

What kind of natural grease and conditioners will you be using?

Well grease is natural. It's just fragrance and petroleum and has always been good to my hair. Conditioner I'll be using the same as shampoo. A mud-based one. I'll be buying the Seacret brand on amazon. It's pricey but I think I'm done with regular products.

Last edited:

Amarilles

Keep in mind that grease isn't natural though. Crude oil is natural, and we get cosmetic grade petroleum/petrolatum after crude oil has been processed, refined,filtered, had things extracted, had things blended, etc. to then be used in cosmetics.

There's nothing wrong with grease though. I personally would just use a regular shampoo along with it though, because it will build-up on your scalp over time if isn't being washed out. A mud wash would not really be enough.

Is there a reason why you want to switch to "all natural" options? If whatever you're doing now is working, don't feel like it's inferior to things marketed as "natural". That word isn't regulated, so anyone can put a green leaf on a product and call it natural while it being everything but. Pretty much anything can be marketed to appear good or bad, try not to get caught up in the hype.

This cracks me up every time :lol:
A_Na9BSCMAAz2iO.jpg

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Well grease is natural. It's just fragrance and petroleum and has always been good to my hair. Conditioner I'll be using the same as shampoo. A mud-based one. I'll be buying the Seacret brand on amazon. It's pricey but I think I'm done with regular products.

If you want something without crude oil byproduct, look at some of the pomades from natural companies. They are usually made of oils and some sort of wax, and it has that greaselike texture.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I've been itching to switch to natural products.

I'm relaxed and wondered if using natural products only benefitted natural heads. I'm not certain, but thought to switch things up to find out for myself.

Shampoo bars were a no-no for me. Left me with something that felt like film, and that gave me tangly hair.

I got my hands on Nurcreations Rhassoul clay, and alternating with Nurcreations Ayurvedic Co cleanse. So far so good.

Tried Bobeam deep conditioner and it was ok, not enough slip. Tried Nurcreations coconut deep conditioner and it rivals Humectress in slip. It has made my hair feel BETTER than any DC I've used, ever. I'm holding my breath for long term, consistent results.