Best Aveda Products for type 4 hair

YoursTrulyRE

So I'm interested in purchasing Aveda products because I have heard so many great things about the shampoos and conditioners.

I have some type 3 in the front but for the most part I'm a type 4. What products are you using for type 4 hair?

Looking for all suggestions (i.e. shampoos, conditioners, styling products, treatments, etc.)

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I tend to like their styling products the best. Damage Remedy is a good line for shampoos, leave-ins and stuff.

Stick with the sample/trial sizes first until you find everything like. However, they have a very open return policy so if you don't like a product after use, take it back.

prettyinpurple

I like the texturizing creme for twists and the smooth infusion style prep smoother for blow drying. Use the creme sparingly, it has that strong Aveda scent (but it does fade after a day or so).

Some LHCF'ers rec the brilliant universal styling cream as a moisturizer.

I heard they are giving samples in the stores now. I need to confirm...

Tiye

Their bestest product ever was the sap moss line. It's now discontinued so no point in going on about yesterday. I have the dregs of a liter bottle purchased several years ago that I'm still stretching. Damage remedy is pretty good but not quite on par with sap moss. I also use color conserve sometimes which isn't bad.

Shampure is a good basic, classic line especially for the summer. Scalp benefits also good but only if you are in a hot, humid climate.

Be curly is the only leave in conditioner I take seriously.

LushLox

Damage Remedy (the poo and the treatment) is awesome. I have to deduct some points for the conditioner, that's not that great at all.

Their styling products are good too. I use the Universal Styling Creme, which is great for slicking down buns. I love the Emollient Finishing Gloss and also the Phomollient Foam wrap.

I daren't try anything else as I love their products on the whole and as we all know they're not cheap!

Last edited:

hothair

Tried Aveda Sap moss- didn't really see a massive difference
Aveda DR Intensive Treatment- this is a big thumbs up, its a reconstructive treatment and makes my hair sooooo soft by far the best aveda product for me
Aveda Dry Remedy- Replaced Nexxus Humectin for me I use it after my hard Aphogee treatment works great.
Aveda Colour Conserve- seems similar to DR but milder I guess I alternate it for weekly DCs

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Damage Remedy (the poo and the treatment) is awesome. I have to deduct some points for the conditioner, that's not that great at all.

Their styling products are good too. I use the Universal Styling Creme, which is great for slicking down buns. I love the Emollient Finishing Gloss and also the Phomollient Foam wrap.

I daren't try anything else as I love their products on the whole and as well all know they're not cheap!

All great products so I co-sign.

TraciChanel

I like Aveda's Brilliant line - especially the emollient finishing gloss (which has rice bran oil in it and smells AMAZING). The brilliant condish typically gives me good slip...

Bnster

I love Aveda Dry Remedy -Shampoo and Conditioner. I use the conditioner for DC and with rice bran oil. Also I had like the Shampure shampoo.

Oh the return policy is excellent. I returned the damage remedy - didn't like and no problem, no hassle from them.

I also like the Dry Remedy line but I've found better products from other product lines.

almondjoi85 which products are that.

BrownSkin2

I like the Aveda Brilliant Line, Sap Moss (discont. now), Aveda remedy, Shampure shamoo, the Phomollient Foam, and Aveda Be Curly leave-in. The Be Curly leave-in provides good twistouts and smells good.

YoursTrulyRE

Their bestest product ever was the sap moss line. It's now discontinued so no point in going on about yesterday. I have the dregs of a liter bottle purchased several years ago that I'm still stretching. Damage remedy is pretty good but not quite on par with sap moss. I also use color conserve sometimes which isn't bad.

Shampure is a good basic, classic line especially for the summer. Scalp benefits also good but only if you are in a hot, humid climate.

Be curly is the only leave in conditioner I take seriously.

Are you talking about the Be Curly Style Prep??

YoursTrulyRE

I daren't try anything else as I love their products on the whole and as we all know they're not cheap!

Is this like a moisturizer?? Have you tried the Damage Remedy leave-in?

comike

I've been using Aveda products for years. Of late, I've been using both the Damage Remedy and Dry Remedy shampoos and conditions and alternate between their leave-ins, Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother and Brilliant Damage Control Leave-In, and other leave-in conditioners. I also use the Emollient Finishing Gloss. I've tested out other Aveda products as well but these are my main staples.

ETA: I also use the Phomollient Styling Foam when I wear my hair in a ponytail or bun. It's light and doesn't contain any alcohol.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like the texturizing creme for twists and the smooth infusion style prep smoother for blow drying. Use the creme sparingly, it has that strong Aveda scent (but it does fade after a day or so).

Some LHCF'ers rec the brilliant universal styling cream as a moisturizer.

I heard they are giving samples in the stores now. I need to confirm...

I like this ^^^^^

And the Brilliant Shine Pomade:yep:

Rose1

I'd rec Damage Remedy intensive restructuring treatment. I use it overnight with my hair wrapped in cling film. I also have the DR restructuring conditioner and shampoo which I have yet to use. The Brilliant line is also great I've used the shampoo and have the damage control spray (heat protectant) and the universal styling creme (a little goes a long way). I was recently given a sample of the smooth infusion style prep smoother which I hope to try this weekend.

If you are unable to get samples form Aveda, it may be worth having a look on Ebay as that's where some people sell their sample.

MissMusic

Brilliant Line: Conditioner, fantastic for co-washing, styling products are fabulous
Damage Remedy Line: The whole line is wonderful
Dry Remedy Line: My favorite shampoo and the treatment is my favorite DC
Smoothing Finish (?, something like that) Styling Products are great for straight hair days

almondjoi85

My favorite conditioner is Miss Keys 10 en 1, it's cheaper and works better for me than any Aveda conditioner or treatment.