scalp scrub instead of shampoo?

NefertariBlu

Since joining the "nail your regimen" challenge I've been on the hunt for a shampoo for my scalp only since when I use any kind of shampoo my hair gets really dry.

On a whim, I started clay washes and I live them , but I don't use them on my scalp. I only use shampoo on my scalp to get rid of dirt.

I was browsing black girl long hair blog where they had an article on natural scalp exfoliators . They had a very simple receive for a scrub which I want to try for my next wash.

I'm just wondering if any ladies only use a scrub instead of shampoo only. I want to try to use it since I'm starting to realise shampoo just isn't for me .

Does anyone use them regularly, would it be okay to do a weekly scrub instead of shampooing?

Sholapie

I've been using scalp scrubs for the past 6-8 weeks, in that time i've used shampoo once about 3 weeks ago because I wanted to try out a particular shampoo (which I haven't used again since lol) I'm not sure if it is as effective as shampoo at removing buildup but I like it because it exfoliates my scalp gently and leaves it feeling cleaner than cowashing on its own.
I use a pretty simple sugar scrub weekly on a damp scalp. I think I will always periodically shampoo though so it hasn't entirely replaced it for me.