Perfectly Clean scalp using facial scrub?

I was wondering how to get a "perfectly clean scalp." I know clean hair is pretty easy to achieve, but after reading about dirt and stuff that can clog the hair follicle, I'm starting to get worried about how to deep clean it!

I came up w/ this article on hairpiece removal from http://www.coolpiece.com/faqs/faqs_-_cleaning/how_can_i_clean_my_scalp_perfectly.html

But that still does not give you a clean scalp. First you should degrase the scalp by removing all traces of adhesive remover with either lace release or isopropyl alcohol.
But that still does not deep clean your skin. For the ultimate in skin prep, step in the shower and first wash the entire scalp with a facial scrub. Then following this gentle exfoliation use a pore cleaning cleaner such as Clearasil Daily Face Wash for example. That stuff will remove all natural or product oils, make up, blackheads, etc. It is one of the most important products to add to your collection.
Then shampoo your scalp and your real hair with a clarifying shampoo, Nutrogena T-Gel will take care of a broad spectrum of scalp issues, and conclude with a cool rinse, or if you can stand it, a fairly cold rinse, to close the pores.
The result: a totally clean scalp and a great starting point for a succesful new bond.

What do you think about that?? Would it work or damage the hair?

Angelicus

I don't really know about all that but I sometimes mix dark brown sugar (or whatever sugar is around) with a cheap conditioner and massage my scalp with it. Not only do I feel like I am at a professional massage spa, but I get to play with my hair at the same time. I got the idea from Motowngirl.com.

I don't think the scalp needs much to keep it clean. It's the circulation from your fingertips and granules that promotes growth.

You don't need to buy all this name brand stuff to keep your hair looking its best. Just open your kitchen cabinet.

HTH

I don't really know about all that but I sometimes mix dark brown sugar (or whatever sugar is around) with a cheap conditioner and massage my scalp with it. Not only do I feel like I am at a professional massage spa, but I get to play with my hair at the same time. I got the idea from Motowngirl.com.

I don't think the scalp needs much to keep it clean. It's the circulation from your fingertips and granules that promotes growth.

You don't need to buy all this name brand stuff to keep your hair looking its best. Just open your kitchen cabinet.

HTH

Thank you! That sounds a lot easier.

Ivonnovi

ITA 'Nough Said'.
Also, messy but nice: mix the sugar in with your "oil treatment", massage when ready. Take your time when rinsing....take your time.

HTH

scorpian

HTH

I've done this too...it works well and feels good on the scalp

Angelicus

I tried to add this to my first post but it didn't work:

Salicylic acid is usually the active ingredient in exfoliation products. A lot of people use it for acne and psoriasis so I see why the original article says to use facial scrubs. Once again, use the stuff in the kitchen cabinet.