Maxiglide Summary Thread

soulie

For those who use a Maxiglide (not a Miniglide), would you please answer the following questions?

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type?

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate?

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one?

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc.

What temperature setting do you use?

Thanks to all!

klb120475

For those who use a Maxiglide (not a Miniglide), would you please answer the following questions?

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type? Relaxed

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate? Smooth plate, only because I'm too lazy to learn how to use the teeth.

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one? Yep..Chi heat protectant

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc. I never use the steam to straighten my new growth because it's too close to my scalp. I've burnt my neck couple times using da steam.:look: I basically use the steam on my ends to add additional moisture.:yep:

What temperature setting do you use? I have fine 4a hurr....I usually set it on 5.

Thanks to all!

My answers are in blue above.

asummertyme

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type?I am relaxed, i have 4a crown and 3b sides and nape

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate?no teeth

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one?tressame

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc.yes i use the steam feature on my ends mostly

What temperature setting do you use?4

Thanks to all!

Kurli-Q

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type? natural, I don't know my hair type, I'd say 3c/4a

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate? I use the teeth, it takes a little longer to do my hair, but it stays straight longer.

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one? I used to use CHI, but my hair always reverted quickly. Now I use KeraCare Silken Seal.

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc. Nope, too chicken

What temperature setting do you use? If I blow dried my hair, I use it on 3, if not, I use it on 4 or 5.

Thanks to all!

my answers are pink

loveable37

I dont have a MAXI GLIDE but my sister gave me this flat iron it has no name on it u can push the DIGITAL BUTTON ON IT up tp 550 degrees have u got idea wha u call it.

Kari107

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type? Relaxed 3b/c

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate? teeth

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one? chi silk infusion

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc. Yes, from the middle down. I'm affraid of getting burned the video says not to use it within 3 inches of your scalp.

What temperature setting do you use? 3 if I rollerset or 5 if it's airdried

Thanks to all!

Answers above

Lady Esquire

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type? Relaxed 4b

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate? teeth

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one? nexxus protexx

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc. yep. :yep: love the steam esp on my ends....

What temperature setting do you use? setting 5

Thanks to all! you're welcome. :lol:

divine22

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type? Natural, not sure on type. Think in the 4 category, varying from loose to kinky

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate? Both. Teeth for straightening the curl and the plates for smoothing. I'm kinda surprised that more people don't use the teeth. If its used like the directions say, it won't pull or snag your hair and you get great results w/ little pressure.

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one? Its a must. Right now I use Ellin Lavar Textures TherMist. Thought the rest of her line is kinda disappointing, I like this product. Your hair gets straighter faster.

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc. Lightly, midway to the ends to soften/loosen my hair some before passing with the teeth.

What temperature setting do you use? Setting 1 when I use the teeth for straightening and the heat protectant. Setting 5 when I use the plates with a pressing oil for a smooth shiny finish.

MrsQueeny

For those who use a Maxiglide (not a Miniglide), would you please answer the following questions?Why sure

Are you relaxed or natural and what is your hair type?Natural 4b with a sprinkle of 4a here and there.

Do you use the teeth or only the smooth plate?Both. I used the teeth at first then the smooth to bump my ends and for touch ups.

Do you use a heat protectant, and if so, which one?Yes, I can't think of the name but will post later

Do you use the steam feature and when, e.g., to straighten new growth, only at the roots, on the length, etc. I use it on the length but mostly on the ends and never the roots.

What temperature setting do you use? 7 or 8

Thanks to all!

My answers are in bold. Q