Roller Setting help

fairyhairy

Hi All

just a quick question about roller setting, i wanted to know where exactly do i put the clip to keep the rollers in. it seems i can happily roll away but they don't stay in securely and it's really frustrating me!!:wallbash:

please help, tempted to get a doll to practice on lol

yay it's the weekend xxx

Neith

On the bottom where the roller meets your scalp...

I'm sure that some ladies have pictures of their rollersets in their albums!

fairyhairy

lol, i know this sounds dumb, but even when i put it there it kind of slides out, are my clips to big?? i use the normal duck bill ones, argghhh, sorry for the over reaction lol, my rollers are the big purple one, thinkinh maybe i should a smaller sized roller?

Neith

I use the purple ones in my hair and my hair isn't even full shoulder length.

When I rollerset, I'm doing to straighten my hair out and give it mega volume and a slight curve, not to give it curl. So it depends on how tight you want the curl to be.

Duckbill clips are long, aren't they?

Most people use double prong clips

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Put the clips on the back of the roller. You know, where the roller just starts to curve up? Put the clip right there. And definitely get some double prong clips, girl! Some members got theirs from Sally's or their local bss. I had to order mine online from www.beautyofnewyork.com They have super fast shipping and great prices

The size of the roller doesn't matter, so you can keep using the purple ones if you like the way your hair turns out :yep:

Last edited:

fairyhairy

thanks ladies xx will invest in those double pronged clips, funny was looking at them the other day lol, another question, Protein free moisturizers? Want to cut the protein from my hair for a bit to see if it helps with the constant breaking

hope someone can help xx:drunk: