Roller setting hair

Lilmama1011

Is anyone having problems roller setting their hair and can't seem to get to the root of the hair? So basically everything is curly except for the root smh, I have been roller setting for like 6 months and I thought I would get better and I have watched YouTube videos and I still can't seem to do it. I use flexi rods and roll it up like I'm doing spiral curls. I always end up taking the rollers out and wrapping my hair since I can't get to the root, my root don't be frizzy but looks silly being straight at the root and curly from a couple inches down from the root onward. Can I just roll it up like you do regular rollers and take it out angling the rollers like the spiral curls to achieve spirals or no?

BostonMaria

What type of comb are you using? Because you have to detangle with a large comb and then use a rattail comb to section the hair and get the roots smooth.

My hair is 3C but I can't get the roots super straight when I rollerset my hair. I just eventually get it straight when I flatiron. I try to get the sections small (no more than 1/2 inch per roller) which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lilmama1011

BostonMaria said:
What type of comb are you using? Because you have to detangle with a large comb and then use a rattail comb to section the hair and get the roots smooth.

My hair is 3C but I can't get the roots super straight when I rollerset my hair. I just eventually get it straight when I flatiron. I try to get the sections small (no more than 1/2 inch per roller) which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I use the big rake comb to detangle And then the rat tail comb to comb afterwards, I just can't seem to get the rollers to the root tho, someone told me it's probably it's the angle I'm holding my arm and I assume it's that but I keep taking the roller out to restart it to get to the root and it just fails :(

tomnikids3

Trying rolling with the rollers up instead of under this way the rollers are laid on top of the hair at the root keeping the roots flat

Last edited:

livinthevida

Lilmama1011 I am over @ the APL 2012 Challenge! I posted these pics of how I roller set my hair using large snap on rollers (back) and small perm rods (front). Can you post us an example of what your setting looks like?

Here are pics I posted in the APL 2012 Challenge! I hope this helps :)

Attachments

• backrollerset.JPG
    backrollerset.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 20
  • smallrollerset.JPG
    smallrollerset.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I use mesh rollers that are soft. They do a good job of getting my natural hair semi strait, but I have yet to be able to style my hair afterwards. I need more practice.:look: