Roller Setting Help!!!

douglala

I have been roller setting my hair since the 5th grade and I am pretty good at it now. However, I have always used the roller with covers in my hair. I am beginning to notice that the covers my not be the best thing for my hair now, especially with all my new growth. Can someone give me some tips on how to secure the rollers in my hair without roller covers? I have tried pins and clips in the past but could never get them to secure the roller tight enough. Thanx in advance.

sweetcocoa

Amilion gave excellent instructions for rolling hair using pins. I still use the covers though for alot of rollers....I just secure them tightly with a pin through the top and the roller(near the scalp) while holding the roller and hair taut... as if I was doing it without the covers. I use long silver clips on both sides with my jumbo rollers(because I can't find any tops) ...by angling the roller on a slant and then clipping it close to the scalp from both sides. You could do this if you want to roll with out the tops. It works very well. If I can locate the post of Amilion's I'll bump it up.