All those that roller set.....

Eyvonne7131

Hi Ladies, one of my biggest challenges with roller setting is making sure my ends stay smooth around the roller...I know, that is the basis for a good set. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif Can you ladies share any tips or special techniques that you use to make sure that you get the smoothest roller set possible. I am very careful to make sure I am not putting to much hair on the roller and I use the hard magnetic rollers that you have to use a clip to hold in place. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mirrormirror

When I first started roller setting, my ends would come out frizzy. And then I realized that it probably has something to do with the heat setting, I was putting it on low heat. So decided to put my dryer on the highest heat, and my hair comes out sleek.

Lindy

Hi,

I'd say just make sure your ends are wet and laying down flat on the roller as you start rolling. You can also put a little bit of oil, a serum, or creme hairdress on the ends. That will really make the ends come out smooth! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just don't put too much or it will weigh down the hair too much and it won't come out light and bouncy.

HTH, and Good Luck!!! Also, roller-setting is kind of a "practice makes perfect" type of thing!! Your sets will get better once you know which products work well with your hair.

Allandra

A good tip I learned from some of the ladies here is to make sure your hair is soaking wet. This worked wonders for my last roller set. My hair came out so nice and smooth. HTH.

skegeesmb

Yes. It is important that you make sure your hair is smooth on the roller. If my hair dries as I am rolling, I take a little of my cream wrap and place it on my hair ends while my hair ends are on the roller. This way I smooth my ends while they are on the roller.

I then take my thumb and smooth my ends onto the roller until they are stuck smooth on the roller and then I roll. I get straight ends after doing this.