Roller Setting Techniques - Help the Newbie Please

AtlantaJJ

Could someone please post a link to a good thread with roller setting techniques? I'm good at rolling with papers on the ends, but I used to use those pins and magnetic rollers, and those pins used to kill my hair, but it was the only way I knew how to up the curl tight (great for new growth under the drier) and not get a crazy crimp in the curl.

I haven't done a roller set in 8 years so there must be some new rollers or clamps or something on the market...

Help Please !!

Oh what's your fav roller setting lotion, gel or home made potion???????

AtlantaJJ

Oh I forgot to ask, do you use magnetic roller to do the roller set (they used to give me smooth springy curls) or what type of rollers.

I used poke the heck out of my head with those darn roller pins! LOL:lachen:

locfreeme

I needed this, too, as I've given up on transitioning. You are right, Shunta, I love her tutorial. It's very clear and simple and since I spend so much time drooling over Macherie's hair, I guess her routine is a good one for me to follow. :)

Since my hubby won't let me BC, I guess I'll be staying relaxed (relaxed now, not texlaxed). I rollerset this week and it came out okay but the curls were tight and hard from the setting lotion. This time I'm using Macherie's technique and also just using leave-in and water. I bought larger rollers so hopefully it will turn out great.

Seems to me that the ladies who rollerset have hair that is just as nice as those who bun and I'm tired of bunning. I'm hoping rollersets will work for me...