REMINDER: LHCF BOOTCAMP 07 IS NOW IN SESSION!!

wheezy807

I've been doing well myself. I was trying to do shampoo w/dc 2Xwk.
So far i think i only skipped one day(that's not too bad). You ladys are so wonderful staying on track. I am terrified at the thought of no trimming. Mind you, i dont know the difference between trimming and dusting. And on top of that i frequent a scissors happy stylist.:( Hay, that sound like a good thread to start...........maintaining your end to avoid trimming:think: .
So seriously pray for me ladies.

PaperDoll

~the original~
so far so good :D

i've been rocking a bun and when i'm in the house -my ends are on a roller and baggied (btw...baggy-ing is the truth! my ends have never been so soft and well moisturized...i don't know why i waited so long to try this)

i've been deep conditioning with every wash too (go me!)

i'm not worried about the direct heat right now because i got a fresh relaxer at the start of boot camp but holla at me in about 4 weeks or so..it's gonna be ugly! :lachen:so ugly! i might end up going awol...

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm doing pretty good keeping my hair very well moisturized and pulled back in a loose bun secured with a bear claw hair clip (less strain on my edges) I'm also deep conditioning weekly (sometimes twice a week depending on how mushy my hair starts to feel from daily cw'ing) :cool:

SUPER SWEET

so far ok...I have to use my pass next week:ohwell: I have found some good products for my hair in the challenge.:up: I just need help with these frizzy ends:mad: :mad:
Viviscal has made my new growth softer or maybe its the biotin....I will be stretching longer than planned.:clap:

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

Haha...yall are funny :lol: Using passes already...just know that you wont have another pass until session two starts in May.

Full-Size Diva - Heat three times :mad: :mad: :mad: That is NOT okay. I hope you invoked your punishment.

Paper Doll - You can make it! Maybe try doing your roller set styles now while you have a fresh relaxer and then do buns more once your roots start getting thick...that way you can last longer.

Stay on track ladies:armyhat:

crlsweetie912

I am in this like flint. I allow myself a rollerset for Sundays (gotta look cute for church!) and then it's back into the bun on Sunday evening. It's hella cold here now in Baltimore, so Bunning and Baggieing is for me. The only thing is that my hair is severely underprocessed. So I am going to have to get creative with my styling methods!

wheezy807

I was justing wondering, if a person don't use their pass in session 1 does it automatically carry on to session 2? Just wondering.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Hey ladies. I'm doing pretty good except for the vitamins. I had surgery and haven't been able to eat for going on three weeks so I'm having to do protein shakes instead. (ugh) :ohwell: But on the plus side, my style has been low manipulation (saturating my hair with s-curl and "IT" every 2 days) and parted down the middle with two pinned up twists. Thankfully I don't have to leave the house so I'm not worried about being beautimous lol.

cheetarah1980

I'm in it to win it. I gave myself a good trim on Dec. 31 to start the year off right. My hair is in twists for 2-3 weeks at a time. Just did a DC this weekend when I washed and detangled. Moisturized my twists today with H20/conditioner/oil spray. Are we going to post progress pics?

tryingto

BUMPING........... for those of us who want to know if their will be an update thread, and when, thanks,

cheetarah1980

Can't we post updates in this thread? Wouldn't that make sense. Maybe we should have a check in date at the 60 day mark so we can see each others' progress. I know I can't wait until March 1 to see some progress from my Jan 7 starting point shots.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
cheetarah1980 said:
Can't we post updates in this thread? Wouldn't that make sense. Maybe we should have a check in date at the 60 day mark so we can see each others' progress. I know I can't wait until March 1 to see some progress from my Jan 7 starting point shots.

I think this is a good idea since the challenge is set up for 120 day sessions. I think the midway and end point of every session would probably give better progress reports and pictures.

MzOptimistic

I relaxed my hair Wednesday at 8 weeks because of the newgrowth and I am so happy with my progress that I was tempted to wear my hair down the next day BUT I didn't it's baggied right now:) but I got tempted to use the flatiron. I haven't wore my hair down since last summer and then it was only 1 time:) OH!!!! I am so tempted:ohwell: but I'm not going to do it:) then my daughter is saying mommy flatiron your hair, mommy flatiron your hair but I'm a soldier so I'm riding this out:armyhat:

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

tsmith said:
I relaxed my hair Wednesday at 8 weeks because of the newgrowth and I am so happy with my progress that I was tempted to wear my hair down the next day BUT I didn't it's baggied right now:) but I got tempted to use the flatiron. I haven't wore my hair down since last summer and then it was only 1 time:) OH!!!! I am so tempted:ohwell: but I'm not going to do it:) then my daughter is saying mommy flatiron your hair, mommy flatiron your hair but I'm a soldier so I'm riding this out:armyhat:

Great job soldier. You knew that was a :nono: and didn't cave in to the pressure. You followed :orders: and now ta da :band2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just think how fly that hair is going to be after your bootcamp session is over. It will be swanging all over the place. :))

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

tryingto said:
BUMPING........... for those of us who want to know if their will be an update thread, and when, thanks,

I'm kinda thinking we'll be doing monthly updates. I did a check in the original BootCamp post and there was an Accountability clause.

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

Now whether it will be a new thread or posted in this one, I don't know. I kind of like the idea to keep it in this post. What does everyone else think?

General BSFG, where are you?:lol:

cheetarah1980

GoldenBreeze said:
I'm kinda thinking we'll be doing monthly updates. I did a check in the original BootCamp post and there was an Accountability clause.

Now whether it will be a new thread or posted in this one, I don't know. I kind of like the idea to keep it in this post. What does everyone else think?

General BSFG, where are you?:lol:

Monthly updates sound good, especially for accountability reasons. I just don't know if progress shots will really show much on a monthly basis. But we should definitely keep checking in with this thread for support, encouragement, ideas, and for a little :orders: :whip: :spank:

GoldenBreeze

cheetarah1980 said:
Monthly updates sound good, especially for accountability reasons. I just don't know if progress shots will really show much on a monthly basis. But we should definitely keep checking in with this thread for support, encouragement, ideas, and for a little :orders: :whip: :spank:

Cheetarah, that's exactly what I was thinking. As far as new pics. go, I was only planing to post new ones at the end of each 120 day session.:)

Mz_Zartavia

Not sure what we all decided to do on monthly updates so, I'm going to drop mine right here for now :lol: !!!

So far I am doing good...Keeping my hair in two french braids most of the time and then wearing a braidout when I get ready to wash the next day...Since I'm a newbie I don't have a staple regimen yet:D ....

Hope everyone is keeping up with their committments!!

Happy Growing Ladies :cool:

prettywhitty

My monthly update is my avatar picture. I also have a fotki folder with all my pics. I'll leep up that way until something is formalized.

cheetarah1980

YUMMY28 said:
I WANT TO DO THIS !!!!but how do you wear your hair with absolutely no heat

The rules are NO direct heat (i.e. flatirons, curling irons, pressing combs, blow dryers, marcels, etc.). You can however do rollersets with a hooded dryer. Or even better you can rollerset your hair and let it airdry. I did this often when I was relaxed and my hair came out very nice. Also you can try doing braidouts and twistouts. These are really good low manipulation styles that can last you for at least a week so you don't have to comb or brush your hair. Also try buns as well if your hair is long enough. I hope that gives you enough non-heat styling options to last a while. Welcome to Bootcamp!

YUMMY28

thanks what kind of rollers should i use i have the jerry curl rods right now i am air drying in a bun this is my 1st time trying this

Hair Iam

No heat since starting, will use my first pass for my birthday 27/2/2007. I have to take some pass port pics so I'll use the one pass to accomplish both purposes.:look:

Body&Shine

I have been doing very well. I haven't broken any of the rules. I have been sticking to my platium level requirements,too. I guess I have gotten very serious about growing my hair.:) ( It is about time:cool: )