Relaxing-SAA, Porosity Control, Oils, Mid Protein; How to integrate it all?

FtrDrO

Ok ladies, I did the self relaxing thing 3 months ago. And while some of it came out good, some parts were underprocessed. Either, way, I'm giving this another try. I use ORS Lye extra strength.
With all of these suggestions on how to get the best relaxing experience, I'm confused about how to integrate all of these things. I notice that some things that constantly come up is SAA, Porosity control, putting oils in relaxer, and putting in a mid protein step:spinning:. At what step do you use each respective thing? I'm trying to figure out how to fit it all in? I bought Aphogee 2 min reconstructor and porosity control conditioner yesterday to use and ordered SAA.
Another quick question. Does anyone part their hair down the middle of their head (nose to nape) instead of ear to ear? I'm just wondering if one is better than the other in terms of relaxing in halves. What about parting individual sections vertically instead of horizontally?.....ok i'm done....:grin: Thanks y'all!

frizzy

I use the SAA mixed with water the night before. I saturate the hair, not dripping wet, but enough to show the line of demarcation.

Next day, I use the Porosity Control on all of the previously relaxed hair and let this dry thoroughly.

Apply relaxer, I make 4 sections of hair. I start relaxing at the back of my head.

Rinse relaxer and apply protein/reconstructor, then proceed with neutralizing step. I did this step for the first time w/ my last relaxer 12/26, I plan to continue using a protein before neutralizing from now on.

HTH

ETA--you can do all of these steps the same day, just make sure hair is completely dry before relaxing.

Lady Esquire

Night before:

*Applied Chi Silk Infusion on my hair down to the ends.

Day of:

*Mixed relaxer w/a capful of each: hydrolyzed wheat protein, jojoba oil, and avocado oil.

another time, I:

*Applied Chi Silk Infusion on my hair (but less than last time)

* Mixed relaxer w/leftover cholestorol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and oil (this concoction acheived best results, no breakage, body, and shine).

I use a mild protein before neutralizing.
I used the Porosity Control as the final rinse both times.

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Don't feel you have to use ALL of those things. Try just two for right now

You can try mixing some oil in the relaxer cream and applying mild protein conditioner right after rinsing out the relaxer for 5 minutes or so.

You can try protecting your previously relaxed ends with a product like Chi silk infusion which has SAA'S and mixing oil into your relaxer

etc......

FtrDrO

Ok thanks you guys! I think I have more an idea where each goes. There are just so many variations that I was getting confused.

And thanks Gymfreak for the advise...I guess this forum is bringing out the PJ in me :look: