Roux Porosity Control & Aphoghee 2-Min?

filthyfresh

Need your help ASAP ladies. I'm pre-pooing as I type.

I'm washing (later than I expected) but I wanted to try the Roux Porosity Control because I noticed I had a problem with my hair's porosity. Now, I also know that I need to get my protein in as well. So I was going to also use my Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. Is this too much? The Roux I have is the Step 3 part of the treatment and it's called the Extreme Pak Moisturizing Treatment. Now I was thinking that I could shampoo, do my protein with the Aphogee, then use the Roux Porosity Control. What do you ladies think?

filthyfresh

22 views and no one was willing to help? That's real nice...:rolleyes:

Anyways, I tried it out and it was great. I shampooed, then put in the Aphogee 2 Min. Sat under the dryer with a cap for about 5 mins. Then rinsed and put in the Roux Porosity Control. Sat back under the dryer for 10 minutes. My hair felt great. Then I used Redken Butter Treat & a little HH LTR Leave-In and went to blowdry my hair. I applied a little CHI Silk Infusion as well. My hair dried really quickly & felt great. I applied a little more Fantasia IC Heat Protecting Serum, because I'm anal like that. Flat ironed my hair with my Solia, and now I'm all good.

I guess I decided to give an account of my experience in case anyone else was wondering the same thing. :yep:

morehairplease

22 views and no one was willing to help? That's real nice...:rolleyes:

Anyways, I tried it out and it was great. I shampooed, then put in the Aphogee 2 Min. Sat under the dryer with a cap for about 5 mins. Then rinsed and put in the Roux Porosity Control. Sat back under the dryer for 10 minutes. My hair felt great. Then I used Redken Butter Treat & a little HH LTR Leave-In and went to blowdry my hair. I applied a little CHI Silk Infusion as well. My hair dried really quickly & felt great. I applied a little more Fantasia IC Heat Protecting Serum, because I'm anal like that. Flat ironed my hair with my Solia, and now I'm all good.

I guess I decided to give an account of my experience in case anyone else was wondering the same thing. :yep:

hey sweetie,

thanks for sharing this. After reading online regarding porosity, I checked my strands and I have porous hair. I went to sally's today to purchase both products but they only had the aphogee. I am going to C&P to purchase the roux product. I hope this helps my hair b/c I am so trying to do what is good/beneficial for my strands but this hair thing can be a bit too much sometimes(at least for me).

MonPetite

I used these two together on relax day, back when I was a relaxed head. I'm glad things went well for you! I'm just now seeing this thread.

lwilliams1922

Need your help ASAP ladies. I'm pre-pooing as I type.

I'm washing (later than I expected) but I wanted to try the Roux Porosity Control because I noticed I had a problem with my hair's porosity. Now, I also know that I need to get my protein in as well. So I was going to also use my Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. Is this too much? The Roux I have is the Step 3 part of the treatment and it's called the Extreme Pak Moisturizing Treatment. Now I was thinking that I could shampoo, do my protein with the Aphogee, then use the Roux Porosity Control. What do you ladies think?

WOW! I just happened to purchase roux and the aphogee for the first time last night (as well as a sample size of a roux leave in).

Anyone else use these in combination or on the same day?

Poopiedo

I use Roux and Aphogee every week. I use Aphogee for about 5 mins before I deep condition under my steamer. I use Roux after my steam treatment for about a minute.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I've used both. I DC with ORS replenishing pak, Lustrasilk Shea & Mango Butter, Aphogee 2 min, poo or c/w and use Roux as final rinse.

frizzy

This is how I do it. Wash, protein, moisture then porosity control. I use PC only once or twice per month.

If my hair is tangly after the wash, I use a cheapie conditioner (no cones) to soften and separate the hairs so I can get a comb through it.

Nefertiti0906

I use PC as my final conditioner after every wash, including when I use protein. I used protein (k-pak) yesterday with my PC.

I like the combo as well.

LoveBeautyKisses

filthyfresh I am going to try this tonight

Iam going to tell you how my outcome will be

Im going to shampoo with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair for my first wash.
Then Mizani Bontifying or Allways Natural Conditioning Shampoo

Apply Aphogee 2 minute sit under the dryer for five minutes with a plastic cap

Apply Roux PC Sit under dryer for 5 - 10 minutes

Deep Condition with Allways Natural Conditioner, Mizani MoistureFuse, Jojoba oil, Castor oil, and Hot 6 oil for 10 minutes

Rinse with Cold water

Apply Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Spray, Chi Silk Infusion and Neutrogena Silk Leave in

Blowdry

Flat iron and wrap my hair

:look:

Sounds like alot huh???

Definitely will post my results

lamaria211

LoveBeautyKisses said:
filthyfresh I am going to try this tonight

Iam going to tell you how my outcome will be

Im going to shampoo with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair for my first wash.
Then Mizani Bontifying or Allways Natural Conditioning Shampoo

Apply Aphogee 2 minute sit under the dryer for five minutes with a plastic cap

Apply Roux PC Sit under dryer for 5 - 10 minutes

Deep Condition with Allways Natural Conditioner, Mizani MoistureFuse, Jojoba oil, Castor oil, and Hot 6 oil for 10 minutes

Rinse with Cold water

Apply Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Spray, Chi Silk Infusion and Neutrogena Silk Leave in

Blowdry

Flat iron and wrap my hair

:look:

Sounds like alot huh???

Definitely will post my results

I have ALL of those products so tell me how it goes:) ill be doing the same next wash day

LoveBeautyKisses

Hey Im back Just letting my hair air dry. Sooo far its pretty soft. I have been having breakage and shedding while washing my hair so i also added a few small squirts of the 2 minute and some jbco to my dc. Ugh. Lol

May take a nap and then blow dry and flat iron when i get up. I'll definitely keep you ladies updated.