Relaxed Heads - Do You Use Honey For Hair Health?

sunnieb

Did a honey treatment tonight on unwashed hair and it was heaven for my hair!

I can also tell that the top portion is starting to show a hint of light brown. :yay:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Did a honey treatment tonight on unwashed hair and it was heaven for my hair!

I can also tell that the top portion is starting to show a hint of light brown. :yay:

For real? Honey? The honey you eat? So it doesn't make your strands stick together & if you pull it apart your strands wont break?

sunnieb

For real? Honey? The honey you eat? So it doesn't make your strands stick together & if you pull it apart your strands wont break?

Yep. :yep:

Using raw, organic, unfiltered honey yields the best results.

It's not sticky because you apply it while your hair is drippy wet. The honey just slides on. While rinsing, it gives my hair amazing slip.

Check out the video I posted on the first page. I'd never thought of applying it like that until I saw her do it.

xu93texas

I've used honey in the past in my pre-poo treatments and sometimes mixed in with my DC. I haven't used it in a while. This thread has me thinking about it this weekend. Hmmm...

MizzBFly

I have used honey in my hair in the past. My hair was soft but I mixed it in with my dc so I cannot say that my hair was noticeably softer because of the honey but after reading these benefits I will start adding honey to my weekly dc.

CO-SIGN- to everything she just said:yep:

heirloom

Currently sat steaming with honey on my ends, a layer of olive oil on my entire length and a layer of humectress covering the olive oil

Need2gro

Under the dryer with Genuine Natural Pure Honey & some Aloe Vera Gel... Really hoping that my hair comes out great!

heirloom

Last night I prepooed with olive oil and this morning shampooed put honey on the ends and put ORS replenishing conditioner over my entire length. Steamed for 20 mins and stepped back into the shower. Oh how easy de-tangling was. I only lost a couple of hairs and they were shed. Haven't seen any change in hair colour yet but I will continue to do this even if my hair doesn't lighten

heirloom

sunnieb I just put loads of it on dry hair before I go to bed then rinse off in the morning. It penetrates the shaft like coconut oil. I would have used coconut oil but I didn't have a spoon to scoop it out of the jar and couldn't be bothered to go downstairs to get one

sunnieb

Ok, heirloom you got me thinking about using EVOO. ;)

I mixed about a teaspoon of EVOO in with my honey and I have the mixture sitting on my hair now. Will rinse in about an hour.

sunnieb

Last night I prepooed with olive oil and this morning shampooed put honey on the ends and put ORS replenishing conditioner over my entire length. Steamed for 20 mins and stepped back into the shower. Oh how easy de-tangling was. I only lost a couple of hairs and they were shed. Haven't seen any change in hair colour yet but I will continue to do this even if my hair doesn't lighten

Just keep an eye on your hair, especially in the sun. The lightening will sneak up on you.

I'm loving the light brown tint my hair has now. It's like the perfect summer color. :grin:

sunnieb

Doing another honey treatment right now and here are a few more tips I've learned through trial and error:

-When you wet your hair, don't wring out any water. Just put on a plastic cap until you get ready to apply the honey. Remember, the wetter your hair, the easier the honey will glide on.

-Always get an extra towel (or 2). You're gonna need them to prevent "honey splashes" all over your counter and floor.

sunnieb

Reading through the thread and I realize that I always end up doing my honey treatments late on Saturday nights! :grin:

Anyhoo.....Doing honey treatments once a week is also saving me some money. I balked a bit at paying $11 for the big jar, but it's lasted me over 3 months now. I just cancelled my auto shipments of WEN because I don't use it as much. My hair is so soft and holds moisture like nothing else. I'll just buy my WEN as needed and I'll get to switch flavors more often.

The light brownness is soooooo pretty! I don't know why I waited so long to add this to my hair regimen.

Lemme go slap some honey in and let it set for about an hour. I'm lovin' it! :yep:

sunnieb

Bought the biggest jar of honey available at the Farmer's Market since it was $15 for 2 lbs 14 oz instead of paying $11 for 32oz.

Can't wait to use it tomorrow!

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Lissa0821

I am right there with you sunnieb on adding honey to my deep conditioners and I am using the cheap honey. I can't to get my hands on some organic raw honey.

Lissa0821

Do you still get the softness @ Lisa0821

Lilmama1011 Yes, madam that was the main reason I have been using it. It is a softness without being mushy. I really only use about teaspoon with any and every DC I use, protein or moisture. Since I have stopped dying my hair jet black, I have embraced the reddish brown tones in my hair now.

sunnieb

Feeling hair lazy, but reading through this thread is inspiring me to bust out the honey tonight! :yep:

PureSilver

I used honey when I was relaxed. I added it to my prepoo conditioners and my DCs my hair was in heaven after each use. It was always soft and silky.