Prepoo w/Honey?

janiebaby

I have seen this come up alot of times where people will add honey to their prepoo mixture. This is something that I would like to do but am way too afraid because I know that honey can be sticky and I'm afraid that my hair will come out. I know that you have to rinse really well etc. BUT I'm scared my hair will come out in my hand just smoothing it on...Can you tell me if you warm it up first all the time or if what you mix it with makes it less sticky.

ChocoKitty

I personally have never had a problem with honey being too sticky when I mix it with my conditioner. It makes my conditioner runny since it's a humectant... Meaning it will attract moisture from the air. :)

e$h

ChocoKitty said:
I personally have never had a problem with honey being too sticky when I mix it with my conditioner. It makes my conditioner runny since it's a humectant... Meaning it will attract moisture from the air. :)

So are you pouring your conditioner into something and then adding the honey? What steps are you taking when adding your honey?

TIA!

JustKiya

I've never had problems putting honey in, or taking it out.

I mix honey with whatever I'm using - for me, it's usually a conditioner. I would mix the honey with whatever else you are using. I use an old 12 oz empty gel tub, and I pour the conditioner in, then I pour the honey in, then I mix it together - it usually thins whatever you are mixing with it, then I pour/scoop it into my hair (depending on the consistency). Once it's sat on however long, I rinse it out as normal.

kally

I use it mixed with Lekair shea butter cholesterol and soybean oil as a deep conditioner and my hair loves it.

ChocoKitty

Yes. You can pour it into the conditioner. Putting condtioner on your hair and then pour honey on top of it works too. However the latter can be a bit messier for me... I'm always slinging conditioner everywhere anyway. :perplexed

camellia

I add honey to my deep conditioners. I pour a little honey into a bowl and add a little oil (virgin coconut, hemp seed, avocado....) Then I heat it for a few seconds in the microwave and the add my conditioner to the bowl.

I've never had a problem rinsing it out. My hair is not sticky but the honey helps moisturize my hair and leaves it very shiny.

deltagyrl

My formula's not as precise as some of you.

I just squirt a glob of mayo in one hand, squeeze a little honey on top of it, mix it with my finger and apply. If I'm adding egg, I crack it in a bowl and pour it on top of my head working it evenly throughout my hair.

No problem with stickiness or anything.

Last edited:

texasgrl

I add honey to every deep con along with EVOO my hair adores this combo. I just spoon them all into this cute lil china cup stir them up and apply them I have never had such soft moist hair ever it is worth a try.;)