Relaxed Hair Thread

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Gabrielle.A
The brown could be a sign of porosity issue or the sun turning your hair brown. I confirmed this theory with my stylist. There was a thread on it. I will see if I can find it.

I had several brown patches before my recent haircut. I have another patch remaining. I will eventually chop it too. The brown hair has poor porosity and is always drier than the rest.

Nameless

Thank you for bumping that red hair thread. I think I've figured out what's turning my hair brown. Someone wrote this:

Relaxers make my hair a reddish color and ACV rinses made it even worse. When I stopped them it got a lot better.

I don't think my hair is overprocessed and my hair is very non-porous but I do spend a lot of time in the sun.

This would make sense. I don't believe my hair turned brown before I started using ACV. It may also be the sun. I don't believe I'm overprocessed.

ETA: Or it could be due to the heat from my hood dryer (I rollerset weekly) or a porosity issue.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Got my henna, Amla and indigo...it's on now baby! Prepared the henna yesterday added the Amla and indigo and I'm good to go. Wish me luck...

lamaria211

One more question has anyone ever relaxed 4b apl virgin hair if so did it take more than one kit to get the job done or will one kit work. Thanks

caliscurls

lamaria211 said:
One more question has anyone ever relaxed 4b apl virgin hair if so did it take more than one kit to get the job done or will one kit work. Thanks

Did this last year on hair that was probably a little above APL and I used two jars.

Carmelella

lamaria211 said:

I would definitely purchase two jars or a big tub for future use. I relaxed below shoulder length hair, above APL, and used what looked like more than ur average jar ( I bought a tub).

irisak

lamaria211 said:
Has anyone ever relaxed the day after washing or cowashing?

lamaria211. When my hair is loose I'm a daily cowasher. As long as the hair is not damp you should be fine.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

Lilmama1011

sckri23 said:
The back of my hair never gets straight with TUs idk why

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Mines doesn't be as straight as I ant it either, and if I wear a ponytail I still gave to use some type of control paste, jam or gel and that's the spot I get the relaxer put on first

sckri23

Mines doesn't be as straight as I ant it either, and if I wear a ponytail I still gave to use some type of control paste, jam or gel and that's the spot I get the relaxer put on first

Me to!! whether I was trying to get bone straight or texlaxed I still end up with this big poof of hair in the back where its supposed to be straight. Its like my hair is resistant to relaxers back there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Last edited:

lamaria211

Sorry to attack you ladies with questions but does anyone put oil on their hair or in the relaxer prior to relaxing? Tia