Relaxed Hair Thread

beauti

Cattypus1 i didnt realize until after i rinsed the relaxer that i am definitely texlaxed. My previous relaxer left me underprocesssed and this relaxer i accidentally texlaxed. I wanted to texlax but didnt think it would work because i left the relaxer in 35 minutes! So yes surprisingly i am texlaxed. I have maybe 2-3in of bone straight relaxed hair.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
beauti said:
Cattypus1 i didnt realize until after i rinsed the relaxer that i am definitely texlaxed. My previous relaxer left me underprocesssed and this relaxer i accidentally texlaxed. I wanted to texlax but didnt think it would work because i left the relaxer in 35 minutes! So yes surprisingly i am texlaxed. I have maybe 2-3in of bone straight relaxed hair.

I just texlaxed for the first time in July. Still most of my length is bone-straight. 35 minutes--Wow! No way could I leave it in that long...I'd be bald! Your hair is so pretty, glad it worked for you.

Lilmama1011

I hope this stress will help me retain some length and I'm not doing the wrong thing, plan of relaxing at 17 weeks on my birthday or migh go the full 20 weeks

yoleee

Why , oh why can I not retain any length? I am so tired of cutting raggedy ends!! Last relaxer I cut from BSL to just below APL. This time I had to cut shorter than APL. Ughhhhh!!!!! It seems like since I have been on this journey I have been doing nothing but cutting. When will I ever retain??!!!!! Maybe I need to stop washing so much. I just want my long thick hair back!!!!! Where is my drink? I need it after this cut!!!!:cry:

sunnieb

FelaShrine - the week following my TU, I go right back into my regular routine:

Cowash every other day, shampoo/dc 1x a week rotating Nexuss Humectress and Motions CPR. :yep:

sunnieb

Hello,
I'm new to the forum..I joined ages ago but never got round to posting.
After having my hair in weaves for almost 4 years I finally decided to take them out last month.
Unfortunately I've had some breakage at the back, but I used the Aphogee 2 step treatment and that has stopped.
My main issues are:
1. I just moved from the UK to Australia, and I'm struggling to find a US based website for products, which does international deliveries, any advice / links would be appreciated.

2. My scalp is super -dry, although to be honest, I've not been drinking enough- currently guzzling a huge amount of water to make up for it..... Would you recommend using a leave-in like neutrogena triple moisture or Giovanni direct( I want to order this) and seal with oil?

3. Phytosecific relaxer no.1 leaves my hair texlaxed and my hair at the back being in weaves mostlly before, is very bushy at the ends, any tips on getting this straighter? I am refusing to use flat irons at the moment.

Sorry I have loads of questions, but I haven't had a hair regimen at all ever...I only discovered co-washing existed a few months back!
Thanks for any advice.

Jaffa2300 - Welcome to the forum! Check out this thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=570837

This article in particular helps with building a regimen:
http://voices.yahoo.com/hair-regimen-building-newbies-408289.html?cat=69

But yes, you will more than likely need a daily moisturizer and please try to up your water intake! :grin:

sunnieb

Why , oh why can I not retain any length? I am so tired of cutting raggedy ends!! Last relaxer I cut from BSL to just below APL. This time I had to cut shorter than APL. Ughhhhh!!!!! It seems like since I have been on this journey I have been doing nothing but cutting. When will I ever retain??!!!!! Maybe I need to stop washing so much. I just want my long thick hair back!!!!! Where is my drink? I need it after this cut!!!!:cry:

yoleee - it'll be ok. I just cut from BSL back to APL in July. What's your regimen? Is your hair too dry, oily, thin...what's going on?

Post in here and we'll help you come up with some solutions. :yep:

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 said:
I hope this stress will help me retain some length and I'm not doing the wrong thing, plan of relaxing at 17 weeks on my birthday or migh go the full 20 weeks

*stretch I meant lol

Lilmama1011

I want my split enter and my mom won't ship it to me :( she keep talking bout she busy, she ain't doing nothing, (throws rest of hair products across the room)

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 said:
I want my split enter and my mom won't ship it to me :( she keep talking bout she busy, she ain't doing nothing, (throws rest of hair products across the room)

Split ender* damn auto correct I'm sorry

yoleee

sunnieb . My ends are soooo dry. I dont think they were split but I couldn't make an out style look good because they were so bad! I wash once a week with ors aloe shampoo, then I do an aphogee 2 min, then I DC for 30 minutes usually with Nexxuss Humectress or Silicon mix. Then air dry with NTM and Chi. I relax every 10 to 11 weeks.

caliscurls

Lilmama1011 said:

You are making me laugh!!! I would feel the same way though. I'm tempted to buy another one just to have an extra on hand!

FelaShrine

sunnieb . My ends are soooo dry. I dont think they were split but I couldn't make an out style look good because they were so bad! I wash once a week with ors aloe shampoo, then I do an aphogee 2 min, then I DC for 30 minutes usually with Nexxuss Humectress or Silicon mix. Then air dry with NTM and Chi. I relax every 10 to 11 weeks.

This happens to me every so often to and I do get trims every now and then..Im thinking I might have to start baggying. :ohwell:

HarborLiving

Hello Ladies :)

I am a frequent lurker and a new member. I want to say thank you for all the wonderful advice and I am so excited to join you on my hair journey.

:grin::lick::lick::grin:

Nameless

I asked this question in the random hair thoughts thread a while ago:

Why is my relaxed hair slightly brown? My natural hair is black (at least it appears to look really black). My new growth is black.

I miss my hair being black. Could it be the type of relaxer I'm using? Any ideas?

I received an answer saying it was because the relaxer process lightens the hair but I know of people who relax and their hair still remains black. Any suggestions as to what to do about it without having to dye my hair?

sunnieb

Gabrielle.A - my hair turned light brown when I was severely over-processing my hair with monthly relaxers. Since stretching, I noticed it went back to black.

I also inadvertently lightened my hair with honey. I was adding it to my conditioners without heating it first. When I started heating the honey, my hair went black again.

So, hair lightening can happen from a variety of sources. Just wanted to share my experiences.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I asked this question in the random hair thoughts thread a while ago:

I received an answer saying it was because the relaxer process lightens the hair but I know of people who relax and their hair still remains black. Any suggestions as to what to do about it without having to dye my hair?

I noticed the same thing. My relaxed hair is a dirty brown but my NG grows in very dark; possibly black. Someone told me as well that the relaxer unintentionally strips it.