Relaxed Hair Thread

TeeSGee I buy them from local health shops. Lets see there is one at 2076 lawrence ave "Enza's Herbal Health" and another in whitby that I go to. I tend to buy the looose leaf but do have some bags. I warn you buying tea's get's pretty addictive:yep:

@TeeSGee I buy them from local health shops. Lets see there is one at 2076 lawrence ave "Enza's Herbal Health" and another in whitby that I go to. I tend to buy the looose leaf but do have some bags. I warn you buying tea's get's pretty addictive:yep:

@Nix08 Thank u.. I love to drink tea, so i'm excited to check it out. :yep:

ETA: Is the store on Lawrence in Scarb or T.O?

Last edited:
@TeeSGee that would be considered scarborough. But really a lot of health stores carry teas. I would just check out any one that's local to you.

lamaria211 What made you relax your natural hair? Just curious. Also, the products I used while natural actually worked better on my hair once I relaxed/texlaxed!

I telaxed because even though my hair was healthy apl I couldn't do anything with it I'm like 4c absolutely no curl pattern just crazy coils that love to tangle. I had been wearing wigs for the last 2 years and I wanted to be able to wear my hair out without looking homeless. I kept it deep conditioned and well moisturized but I could barely make a decent bun due to 90% shrinkage here is a before pic

ForumRunner_20120913_221045.jpg

i think i will give myself a touch up today. my hair is starting to get tangled when i wash it. i need to get a new flat iron too. i want to get the Sedu, but i will need something today. my flat iron likes to snag my hair and it isn't smooth enough for me anymore.

@KaramelDiva1978 Hey buddy. I'm doing good. Still job hunting and trying to get settled. Luckily I found a temp job to hold me over. How have you been buddy?

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

So glad to see you are doing well and found a temporary gig!! Do you have family there? I would love to get out of this ratchett boot city!! :lachen: But my next husband though!! Lol

KaramelDiva1978 said:
So glad to see you are doing well and found a temporary gig!! Do you have family there? I would love to get out of this ratchett boot city!! :lachen: But my next husband though!! Lol

KaramelDiva1978 I don't have family here but my childhood best friend lives here and I'm staying with her for now. What city are you in? While you're talking about your next husband I'm looking for my first still lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

I'm 11 weeks 1 day post and although my hair is very moisturizers and feels great, my edges are driving me crazy. This is only my second stretch and I swear they have never been this bad before. I don't know what to do.

Stillsaddity said:
I'm 11 weeks 1 day post and although my hair is very moisturizers and feels great, my edges are driving me crazy. This is only my second stretch and I swear they have never been this bad before. I don't know what to do.

Maybe hair growing in thicker

I am 5 months post relaxer. Longest I've ever been. Took down my weave yesterday and gv my hair some extra care. I blow dried it this morning and looking forward to weaving it up again today. I really enjoy the break my hair gets from doing this. I will likely texlax the next time I take the weave down which will be a little over 7 months post.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

i really want to just flat iron my hair on wash days. i am too lazy for anything else right now. i don't think it should be a problem. as long as i don't abuse my hair with the heat, i should be fine.

I can't wait to try my 613 but I will definitely miss my MC when its gone, I will stock up next summer when they bring it back

Thinking I should start cowashing every other day now that I'm 9 weeks post. I think that's the only way I'm going to make it through this stretch

healthy2008 said:
Thinking I should start cowashing every other day now that I'm 9 weeks post. I think that's the only way I'm going to make it through this stretch

Hey, Healthy2008...we're still buddies, right? How long are you stretching? What are you cowashing with? I've never been able to do it successfully.

Cattypus1 said:
Hey, Healthy2008...we're still buddies, right? How long are you stretching? What are you cowashing with? I've never been able to do it successfully.

Oh yeah! We're still buddies:) I'm stretching 18 weeks this time. Relaxing the week of thanksgiving which is the week before my bday. I'm cowashing with Suave Naturals Wild Orchid or Tropical Coconut. I love cowashing! It's quick and tames my new growth easily

Back