Relaxed Hair Thread

Evolving78

Ok this is my hair so far..I did a dry wrap and will see how it comes out in the morning. If it doesn't have any bump to it I will just do a high bun or something..I'm happy either way..

you have gotten a good amount of growth there! get in the APL and BSL challenge too! congrats on everything working out for you! even though i do crack head stuff to my hair sometimes, i am digging being relaxed again!

sckri23

Wow ummm weird... I just did something I thought I would never do and it actually helped

My ng always causes sore spots on my head and I always used that as a sign that it was time for a T/U because I didn't know how to stop the pain but today.....

I did the unthinkable and greased my scalp just to see the effects

I tied my hair down and went to work (2pm-10:30pm ---> ugh I'm soo tired)

I got home, took off my scarf and my hair is soo horribly greasy all I wanna do is co-wash and I'm going to do that now.

But I can't believe that my soreness is gone!!! The grease actually helped!!! Doesn't mean ima grease my scalp everyday...... But no pain is a good feeling :)

After wash update: my hair is touchable again but the pain is back..... ima steam straighten my roots and see if that helps if it doesn't ima have to grease, co-wash, and repeat till my relaxer

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

sunnieb

QueenAmaka - how'd your hair turn out?

I dc'd tonight and I'm airdrying now. I'll give it another 20 minutes or so and put in 2 braids and go to bed no matter how wet it still is. Gotta get some sleep! :yawn:

LifeafterLHCF

Need to find a moisturizer. I know leave in aren't going to work solely. My hair feels a bit parched. I have some Keracare cream hairdress I will see if it will do the trick until I research moisturizers. I'm going to make a nice bun bc this dry wrap isn't doing the trick.

sunnieb

Ok, enough of this airdrying...'bout to put in two braids, slather my ends with castor oil, and go to bed. :yep:

mamaore

My first ponytail rollerset. I'm updating from my phone and the pictures are upside down. Sorry about that.

ForumRunner_20120515_080531.jpg

ForumRunner_20120515_080559.jpg

I couldn't keep the curls so I wrapped. Next day it look terrible. I lost lots if fair while wrapping. :mono: so yesterday I decided to pincurl for the first time and voila... :yep: much betterr results.

Last edited:

mamaore

mamaore said:
My first ponytail rollerset. I'm updating from my phone and the pictures are upside down. Sorry about that.

I couldn't keep the curls so I wrapped. Next day it look terrible. I lost lots if fair while wrapping. :mono: so yesterday I decided to pincurl for the first time and voila... :yep: much betterr results.

For some reason I can't add attachments when I'm editing on my phone.

ForumRunner_20120515_081830.jpg

I'll do better with the pictures next time. My DH was very impressed with my hair ths morning. I'm going to keep trying the pin curl till I get better as it. Its very big hair but hey... I look very different today. :yay:

Last edited:

Loving

I relaxed on Friday using mizani butter blends lye fine/ color treated hair....Love it!! Deffinately my new relaxer

@jazzybklyn I am glad you love it. Your hair looks great too!

I got a T/U as well but used the sensitive scalp one. Came out a bit underprocessed in the crown region so I will have to manage this area quite carefully. My stylist wants to do a corrective in the next 3 weeks but I have been advised by other experienced LHCF's not to go that route....

sckri23

I wanted yall to see my protective style but the pics don't wanna download

Its a really tiny bun ima put a phony pony around it and leave it in for this week and next week

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Oh it downloaded it was just slow. Teh heh

Attachments

• IMG_20120515_100637-1.jpg
    IMG_20120515_100637-1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20120515_100542-1.jpg
    IMG_20120515_100542-1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

jazzybklyn

Loving said:
@jazzybklyn I am glad you love it. Your hair looks great too!

I got a T/U as well but used the sensitive scalp one. Came out a bit underprocessed in the crown region so I will have to manage this area quite carefully. My stylist wants to do a corrective in the next 3 weeks but I have been advised by other experienced LHCF's not to go that route....

Thank you!! :D

I agree I don't think you should

FlawedBeauty

sckri23 careful with that style! The pic made me cringe a little, that is a very tight bun with metal on the elastic :spank: you may end up doing more harm than good stressing your ends like that.

sckri23 said:
I wanted yall to see my protective style but the pics don't wanna download

Its a really tiny bun ima put a phony pony around it and leave it in for this week and next week

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Oh it downloaded it was just slow. Teh heh

sckri23

FlawedBeauty said:
sckri23 careful with that style! The pic made me cringe a little, that is a very tight bun with metal on the elastic :spank: you may end up doing more harm than good stressing your ends like that.

it was tight at first but I loosened it and slept in it then this morning I took it out the shape stayed so moisturized my ends and put the band back on gently the pic was from last night

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Bnster

Worst Dominican salon experience ever!! Unlike other women that sit through the torture & cry about the set back at the end...I got my happy behind up in the middle of a wash dripping wet w/ shampoo still on my head and said IM STRAIGHT, put my hat on and walked right out! I was a tangled mess! Their shampoo stripped all the moisture! I felt her try to comb from my roots to tip while washing and jumped out the chair so fast! I only needed to feel that one time to know a major disaster was coming my way if I let that continue. Went home & finished my own wash & set w/ no set backs. Didn't pay a single thing. :)

Good for you for not letting it go down the wrong path! Very happy you walked away and thanks for sharing!

LifeafterLHCF

Ok I need a relaxed big sister..I need to find a good moisturizer because my hair felt crazy dry. I bought one from Walgreens the Olive Oil Moisturizer but wondered if there was anything better. I wore a high bun today since I'm not ready to rock my hair down quite yet and I think I will have to do a wet wrap because my hair did absolutely nothing with it being wrapped last night.

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
My air dried hair from last night turned out really well - much better than expected. After my hair was about 95% dry last night I put in about 8 magnetic rollers and went to sleep. The result was straight hair with a little bounce. I still need to work on getting my ends to be a little smoother. I'll probably try again in a few days.

sckri23

GoddessMaker said:
Ok I need a relaxed big sister..I need to find a good moisturizer because my hair felt crazy dry. I bought one from Walgreens the Olive Oil Moisturizer but wondered if there was anything better. I wore a high bun today since I'm not ready to rock my hair down quite yet and I think I will have to do a wet wrap because my hair did absolutely nothing with it being wrapped last night.

Dark and lovely softening moisturizer is the only thing that works for me right now maybe after my first hot oil treatment I can use something lighter

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Loving

GoddessMaker come on over to the Relaxed Buddy Thread. We buddy up over there to help each other with or relaxed hair issues. I'm sure sunnieb and Nix08, divachyk and others will agree.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"

Have you tried plain ol' water spritzing? I seal with my castor oil mix, wrap (or bun) and the next morning i'm :cool2:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@GoddessMaker come on over to the Relaxed Buddy Thread. We buddy up over there to help each other with or relaxed hair issues. I'm sure @sunnieb and @Nix08, @divachyk and others will agree.
@Loving, I agree that we can help @GoddessMaker in the buddy thread.

Goddess, you can team up with someone that can assist you on this journey. I love Bee Mine Balanced Cream Moisturizer! I suggest trying using the same products you did when natural. You might find that your relaxed hair just might like those products.

Missdelicious1

Hi ladies :)

I'm really loving this thread...gonna jump in with my two cents lol. So, I'm realizing that I think my hair loves protein. Since being on my HHJ, I've shied away from using protein too often after hearing so much about the dreaded protein overload. But, for the past few weeks I've used a protein DC each week (then followed with moisture) and it seems my hair loves it! I've been having problems with breakage that it seemed no amount of moisture could correct and my hair NEVER felt soft. The added protein has been making my hair feel so strong (hence less breakage) and it actually finally feels soft to the touch. I dc'd with ORS hair mayo last night, co-washed and followed with a moisturizing dc. I then air-dried and my hair felt sooooooo good!!!!

KhandiB

This is me, my hair loves protein, I do a Aphogee 2 minute every week . :)

Hi ladies :)

I'm really loving this thread...gonna jump in with my two cents lol. So, I'm realizing that I think my hair loves protein. Since being on my HHJ, I've shied away from using protein too often after hearing so much about the dreaded protein overload. But, for the past few weeks I've used a protein DC each week (then followed with moisture) and it seems my hair loves it! I've been having problems with breakage that it seemed no amount of moisture could correct and my hair NEVER felt soft. The added protein has been making my hair feel so strong (hence less breakage) and it actually finally feels soft to the touch. I dc'd with ORS hair mayo last night, co-washed and followed with a moisturizing dc. I then air-dried and my hair felt sooooooo good!!!!