Relaxed Hair Thread

jazzybklyn

EbonyCPrincess said:
I love Bee Mine Bee Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. In the summer I use S-Curl, which keeps my hair sickeningly moisturized!

thanks! I have been wanting to try the luscious but didn't want to not like it. I may just try the sample size first but from what I remember the shipping cost was high

jazzybklyn

shortdub78 said:
I started using a liquid leave in and hawaiian silky 14n1. My hair and new growth stays moisturized all day.

Thanks! I used Hawaiian silk my friend had at her house and I think i liked it

EbonyCPrincess

I want to wash my hair but i don't feel like roller setting tonight. I want to air dry so bad, but it just does a number on my ends. I can't twist or wet bun either.

shortdub78 - girl, this is me! I wish I had learned earlier in my hair journey that my hair prefers rollersetting and doesn't actually do that well with airdrying + braid/twistouts regularly. Now, setting my hair weekly is like second nature...I even started a RS challenge thru my blog.

sunnieb - I always liked this one from AlRaines on YouTube, hers was the first I ever saw.

Hairroots

Hi all, i'm a newbie ;). I relax every 8-10 weeks. my hair is 3b. I shampoo and condition with a moisturizing product once a week. Leave in conditioner. Moisturize and oil seal daily. I never use heat. Braidouts on a regular. I just keep it simple.

sckri23

Hi everyone I'm new here but I been watching the forum a while I have a question has anyone used a texture softener at 6 weeks to "stretch a relaxer" then use a regular/mild relaxer at 12 weeks on the ng and the previously tex-laxed hair? I want to use less relaxers but my hair starts shedding at 3 and 1/2 Weeks my regular relaxer time is 4 weeks but I'm trying for 6 Weeks for the first time and I need feedback

any thoughts or suggestions will be helpful

mamaore

Please ladies, is there anyone here that air dries successfully without ending up with bushy ends?

My ends are always busy and frizzing no matter how I air dry. The one time I tried flat-ironing, my ends were still bushy. I never noticed any improvements after a fresh trim.

I believe my hair is low porosity, but could my cuticles be raised? I have tried feeling each strand up and down but it feels the same to me. I just dont know what a rough or smooth cuticle feels like?:blush:
Any suggestions?

I'm style challenges so my hair is always in a bun, but I'd like to change that soon - hopefully starting this weekend with rollersetting. But I dont want to spend 4 hrs setting and ending up with frizzing bushy ends. :nono: :nono:

Last edited:

sckri23

mamaore said:
Please ladies, is there anyone here that air dries successfully without ending up with bushy ends?

My ends are always busy and frizzing no matter how I air dry. The one time I tried flat-ironing, my ends were still bushy. I never noticed any improvements after a fresh trim.

I believe my hair is low porosity, but could my cuticles be raised? I have tried feeling each strand up and down but it feels the same to me. I just dont know what a rough or smooth cuticle feels like?:blush:
Any suggestions?

I'm style challenges so my hair is always in a bun, but I'd like to change that soon - hopefully starting this weekend with rollersetting. But I dont want to spend 4 hrs setting and ending up with frizzing bushy ends. :nono: :nono:

I air dry half way then put bergamot hair dressing on my ends and finish my air dry it might work for you too

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
mamaore are you texlaxed? Do you smooth your hand over your hair while it's air drying? I'm relaxed straight and I smooth my hand over my strands and finger comb as my hair is drying. I tie my hair up in a satin wrap or a satin night cap and my ends and overall strands are smooth in the morning. Also are you using a leave in when your hair is wet? And sealing with oil right after - I do both of those.

sckri23

Nix08 said:
sckri23 our hair is suppose to shed up to 50 strands a day, at 3.5 weeks are you getting more shedding than that? What is your regimen?

Yes my hair sheds more when I need a relaxer and in the winter and when its both my hair is an unhealthy ear length

I Co-wash on Wednesdays and Saturdays only using deep conditioner, air dry with cantu leave in and I oil my scalp every night with olive miracle growth oil and motions leave in conditioning spray for daily moisture

My hair is very picky so I'm careful about what I use

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

mamaore

My hair air-dries big like Diana Ross. I use a Maxiglide though and it STEAMS my hair to straight bouncy perfection :)

Isn't Maxiglide a flat iron?

@mamaore are you texlaxed? Do you smooth your hand over your hair while it's air drying? I'm relaxed straight and I smooth my hand over my strands and finger comb as my hair is drying. I tie my hair up in a satin wrap or a satin night cap and my ends and overall strands are smooth in the morning. Also are you using a leave in when your hair is wet? And sealing with oil right after - I do both of those.

Nix08, :yep: I smooth my hair, use a satin scarf and comb while its drying.
I use a elucence condish as a leavin on wet almost soaking hair. When my hair stopping dripping, I has another condish (depends on what I have on hand) and seal the ends with oil; I used butter yesterday, I'm trying to figure out how to use the Beemine Balanced remoisturizer.

Still same results, bushy ends. See my signature; my hair has waves, even when its relaxed straight. No matter how much relaxer I put on it or the technique, its never going to be straight straight. I gave up on that.

I just want to style my hair other than putting it in a bun everyday, all day.

I air dry half way then put bergamot hair dressing on my ends and finish my air dry it might work for you too

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Bergamot??? I have to google that

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
sckri23 I don't know if there is a scientific reason but shedding does seem to almost cease for me the first couple of weeks after a relaxer. Shedding at 3.5 weeks may be more than immediately after a relaxer but quite likely isn't in excess. Perhaps you can literally count the strands to see if it's in excess of 50 per day. Or try using garlic or tea/coffee rinses for shedding.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
mamaore my girlfriend who is texlaxed also says that she can't air dry without bushy hair...perhaps you could put your hair in twists or bantu knots when it's 90% dry or completely dry then tie it up with a satin scarf/wrap and see what the results are. I mention the scarf because I airdry with my hair hanging down and it's good to go BUT in the morning when I take down my scarf my hair has a much smoother look.

sckri23

Yes bergamot it's good it's my new favorite oil my old favorite is coconut, hair dressing or h+s conditioner will work

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

jazzybklyn

So torn! Im relaxing tomorrow and Idk if I should relax with mizani butter blends or linange and idk if I should go lye or no-lye ugh this is stressful. I relaxed with linange in last year and really liked it but idk if it was straight enough for me but at the same time I like the thickness :( help

Hairroots

jazzybklyn said:
So torn! Im relaxing tomorrow and Idk if I should relax with mizani butter blends or linange and idk if I should go lye or no-lye ugh this is stressful. I relaxed with linange in last year and really liked it but idk if it was straight enough for me but at the same time I like the thickness :( help

I hear the mizani relaxer leaves your hair feeling really soft. I was thinking about switching from Design on my next touch up. I think you should try it.

sckri23

I went to Walmart to find a protein treatment and I found one but then I saw "Milk Protein and Olive Oil 3 layer growth oil" ima try this tonight

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

Mische

Mizani Butter Blends is the best! :yep:

I was inspired to snip tonight by @Aireen. I didn't take off much, so I think I'll take off a bit more tomorrow.

jazzybklyn

Hairroots said:
I hear the mizani relaxer leaves your hair feeling really soft. I was thinking about switching from Design on my next touch up. I think you should try it.

In so tempted but idk if I should keep switching relaxers because I was using ors olive oil then linange then ors again idk if that's too much

Mische

jazzybklyn I use the lye version, although they make a no-lye version that is called sensitive scalp. Honestly, switching to lye was the best decision I ever made. Lye is better for your strands, so as long as you base your scalp properly you should be fine! I never ever burn with this relaxer.

LifeafterLHCF

Ok now I did a search here and maybe I didn't use the right key words to pick up but are there any good recommendations on youtubers who are relaxed and have nice manes. I watched Traycee and Mai Tai earlier tonight in regards to relaxed hair and would like to spend the weekend looking at videos and getting as much helpful info I can before I relax. I am anticipating I get a call from some job soon bc soon as I do I will be relaxing. Thank you ladies.

sckri23

It smells so good and it feels great on my hair or maybe that's the ghe-ing and the bergamot sealing but ima see what happens in the morning

A must try "sofn'free GroHealthy Milk Protein & Olive Oil Growth Oil with Omega 3"

and it says it can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment <BONUS>

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited: