Relaxed Hair Thread

sunnieb

Raspberry - :lol:

I've never had hair this long in my life! So many people had doubts. Now they don't say a word! I always said I'd wear it out once I hit BSL, and here I am!

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

mamaore

I relaxed on Sunday. It was my first self relaxer without Dh's help. The back was definitely a challenge. My technique still needs a lot of work because I overlapped at the back.

I'm loving Profectiv, it's the best box relaxer I have used so far. My hair is shiny, and I havent seen any underprocessed areas. I used sunnieb's method of parting my hair into very small twists. It worked well but I think I may need to increase the size of the twists at my next go round. I'll keep tweaking until I get it right.

Two big takeaways are always detangle the length of my hair before relaxing. Infact I have come to the conclusion that dry detangling works better for my hair than wet detangling.

The other thing is to wait for at least 15 mins after I have applied product to my dry hair before starting the detangling process. I loose less hair this way.

It looked like I added about .75 inch on the right side. but my left side looks iffy. I'll post comparison shots later when I get on my home PC.
I have serious damage at the back on the left side. I dont know if I should cut the back or trim the damage away gradually. My right side is almost at APL while my left side refuses to budge.

LifeafterLHCF

Ok ladies can I join you all. I need some critiquing on my plan. I'm currently natural and can't afford to go somewhere to get the virgin relaxer. I want to make sure though from my research I have the right steps in mind for my relaxer. I want to make sure I do it right.

1. Make sure to clarify and dc with protein 4 days before relaxing
2.Section hair off work one side at a time.
3. Once the relaxer is in and smooth and wash it out
4. Use a protein conditioner
5.Neutralize
6.Make sure all traces of relaxer is gone the dc with a moisturing poo.
7. Blow-dry and moisturize
8.Style and use limited heat sources.

Please ladies if you see something that should be added to my list please let me know. My plan is to relax right before I start a new job or sooner if I get too bored while unemployed.

Ms. Tiki

GoddessMaker At number 6 is were I do a rinse with ACV to make sure I have all the relaxer out. Then I use porosity control before I DC. I know ACV and PC both help with closing cuticles but I'm special.

beloved1bx

GoddessMaker I would suggest a neutralizer with a color indicator. It will help to give you peace of mind that you have rinsed out all the relaxer. Although, doing an ACV rinse will also definitely help to neutralize fast as well.

LifeafterLHCF

Thank you ladies..I thought about the acv didn't know where to put that in the mix..so do acv and pc then dc with a moisturizing dc.. and I most definitely bought a color indicator neutralizer. I don't want my hair to fall out..when I was a kid like 9-10 my mom relaxed my hair a retouch well we ran out of hot water and I don't think she got all the relaxer out bc the next morning my hair felt like plastic and gummy so Im most definitely will be washing for a min.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
GoddessMaker I'm late to your posts but GOOD LUCK:grin: How straight are you aiming for? If very straight perhaps straightening your hair before would help....not sure though:perplexed:

JeterCrazed

I'm torn between "Whooo!! Creamy Crack Day!!" and "I like my naps.:("
If I had the money for an in-house hairdresser, I definitely wouldn't relax, buy I just can't handle it anymore.

Sent from my Inspire HD using LHCF

Kida757

Hello I'm new to LHCF I'm looking for a relaxed buddy I'm post 20 weeks!!! It's the longest stretch ever!!! In a way I want to try to go natural and in a way I want to get my hair relaxed!!!!

JeterCrazed

[USER=350241]Kida757[/USER] said:
Hello I'm new to LHCF I'm looking for a relaxed buddy I'm post 20 weeks!!! It's the longest stretch ever!!! In a way I want to try to go natural and in a way I want to get my hair relaxed!!!!
Hey, sista girl!!! :giggle: :welcome:

Sent from my Inspire HD using LHCF

EbonyCPrincess

I hear you.. I'm lovin my hair at APL ..BSL+?? shooot I'm gonna be ridiculous with it :lol::lol:

Raspberry - girl I was literally just sayin the same thing! I'm gonna be uber-hype about my hair and prolly a lil extra about it when I get to BSL+! I already kinda flip my hair over my shoulders extra hard as it is! lmao!!! :lachen:

Raspberry - :lol:

I've never had hair this long in my life! So many people had doubts. Now they don't say a word! I always said I'd wear it out once I hit BSL, and here I am!

sunnieb - this is SO gonna be me with my big Christmas reveal this year! I'm already claiming that I'll be full BSL and my mom KEPT doubting and lightweight hating about my hair all along my journey. "Well your back is long, but your sides aren't" Uh huh, I got something for all ya'll this year! Long hair, I CARE! lol!

I'm so excited to hear about someone who is pleased with their hair and decides to enjoy it! You go!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Loved your May 6th post sunnieb:giggle:

Today my hair is in a simple style but at 4.5 weeks post I'm loving my hair...how does the saying go...something about a woman's hair being her glory well if it isn't the truth:yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My hair feels great today! sunnieb what about yours?

I'm really enjoying doing two twists on my hair while I'm aout 98% dry. Gives a nice wave pattern. This is quickly becoming my staple air drying method.

Attachments

• 2012-05-09_05-38-56_835.jpg
    2012-05-09_05-38-56_835.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 2012-05-09_05-38-41_576.jpg
    2012-05-09_05-38-41_576.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 56

jazzybklyn

Hello ladies! Soo I'm gonna need you guys to help me find a daily moisturizer please!
What quenches your hairs thirst?
I'm using NTM but I like it best when I wash and my hair is still wet.
My hair gets dry so easy especially in the middle
I was thinking of trying ORS carrot oil. I don't mind the smell like some ppl do. But I'll be mad if I don't like it.
What do you recommend?

EbonyCPrincess

Goooooood morning relaxed heads!

How is your hair today?

I have my hair parted down the middle in a low sleek ponytail. Inspired by a pic I saw of Jada Pinkett-Smith! Lazy day hair but I like it.

I'm really enjoying doing two twists on my hair while I'm aout 98% dry. Gives a nice wave pattern. This is quickly becoming my staple air drying method.

I love this style - gonna have to try it! Seems super easy and non-time consuming!

EbonyCPrincess You're pretty much BSL now, right?
:cry2::nono: Not yet! I've basically been like the picture in my siggy since December due to trimming to get rid of thin ends. Although my last trim she took off wayyyy too much, so I'm basically just back to about 2" away from claiming it. I'm hoping by the fall, but if not definitely by the end of the year. And in my siggy I was sitting down - so I don't really think it was super accurate.

Hello ladies! Soo I'm gonna need you guys to help me find a daily moisturizer please!
What do you recommend?

I love Bee Mine Bee Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. In the summer I use S-Curl, which keeps my hair sickeningly moisturized!

Evolving78

I'm using NTM but I like it best when I wash and my hair is still wet.
My hair gets dry so easy especially in the middle
I was thinking of trying ORS carrot oil. I don't mind the smell like some ppl do. But I'll be mad if I don't like it.
What do you recommend?

I started using a liquid leave in and hawaiian silky 14n1. My hair and new growth stays moisturized all day.

sunnieb

jazzybklyn - I've been using ORS Carrot Oil since before I found LHCF. My hair loves it! :yep:

divachyk or anyone - is there a cross wrap tutorial out there somewhere? I might try this since I have enough hair to do it! :giggle:

Evolving78

I want to wash my hair but i don't feel like roller setting tonight. I want to air dry so bad, but it just does a number on my ends. I can't twist or wet bun either.