Relaxed Hair Thread

So I tried to air dry with a bandanna on my head like many other ladies do to try and get a flat look so we can stay away from heat. uhm no. Still poofy (1st pic). So last night I put it in two pippy long stocking platts and pinned them to my head. I took it out and the 2nd pic is what I got. Sigh...It'll have to do until I buy my new wigs tonight.

*NOTE* This is air dried hair so I am not showing my true length for those who know that I am in the June HYH2012 challenge. HEHEHEHEHEHE!! :grin: Blame it on the hair anorexia. :spinning:

Attachments

• 041512182247-1.jpg
    041512182247-1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 80
  • 041612064341-1.jpg
    041612064341-1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 88
Co-washed and air drying in a low ponytail. my hair feel so moisturized, and i think its becuz i sprayed AVJ on my hair b4 applying the Conditioner.

pre_medicalrulz ur hair is beautiful. love the thickness.

Are there any of you who wear their hair out often and also DON'T trim on a regular basis? I'm wondering if it's feasible to wear your hair out without getting splits...I'm starting to really like my hair and love catching glimpses of it in windows:look:

I think if you don’t wear your hair out all the time, you can avoid splits.
Me on the other hand. :look: I stay trimming because I pretty much always wear my hair down, I am trying to get better with the updo’s though so that I don’t have to trim again until the end of the year..

Are there any of you who wear their hair out often and also DON'T trim on a regular basis? I'm wondering if it's feasible to wear your hair out without getting splits...I'm starting to really like my hair and love catching glimpses of it in windows:look:

I think if you don’t wear your hair out all the time, you can avoid splits.
Me on the other hand. :look: I stay trimming because I pretty much always wear my hair down, I am trying to get better with the updo’s though so that I don’t have to trim again until the end of the year..

I think you're right..I've gone a year without trimming and although I have uneven ends I don't have splits but that because I've been PS'ing most of the time. Now I want to wear my hair out but still not trim...I don't think that's a realistic hope:nono:

Nix08 I wear my hair out most days and don't trim often, I also have very few splits. I attribute it to sticking mostly to finger combing.. there's a high temptation to comb your hair a lot when you wear it out but the extra manipulation increases damage over time IMO. I also mind the fabrics I wear so my hair doesn't snag.

oooh!! So it IS possible Raspberry:grin: I finger comb even when my hair is out:yep: I guess since it's been a year I can try for the next few weeks if need be I'll get a trim for my 2 year HHJ anniversary in June/July and that time frame will be my experiment:yep: Thanks, I'm excited:yep:

Do you blow dry? Flat iron? How often? Relax how often? What do you use for moisture? OOOOOmg I'm a mess....I have a TON of questions! Sorry. If your hair didn't look so nice and healthy I wouldn't be asking. (((smile))) Keep up the good work!

ChoColette
most of us don't use heat often. we air dry either using the scarf method or roller setting. most of the ladies here deep conditioner with a moisturizing conditioner 1-2x a week. most ladies moisturize with a daily moisturizer and seal their ends with some sort of oil to keep the moisture in daily. that majority relax/touch up every 8 weeks plus. (8-12 weeks is the norm) but some stretch out their touch up beyond that. as far as keeping your hair straight and smooth during the week, you can try cross wrapping instead of traditional wrapping the hair at night. make sure you use a satin or silk scarf every night. you can also try bunning the hair or twisting it up with a clip for a protective style if your hair is long enough where the ends are brushing against your clothing etc...

Im thinking of going back to wet bunning now that summer is approaching. Im hoping this will help me with stretching my relaxers. I still get touchups every 6-8 wks otherwise my NG drives me crazy and I start to commit hair abuse! Any thoughts or suggestions ladies??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KhandiB

Yes, its bunning your hair while wet. Some relaxer heads are so good at that but for me, noooooope. NO. My hair wet in a bun is a set up for mushy disastrous hair.

Nix08 said:
cherrynicole did you have success with wet bunning before? If so then go for it:grin:

I did well with it when I was just above SL. Im concerned bc Im in limbo btw collarbone and APL. My ends do get mushy and Im worried
about breakage but my roots looooove the moisture. Its great for growth but Im worried about retaining my ends. Maybe Ill try damp bunning. *shrugs*

PrissiSippi I always dry dc so I have been just slathering it on my hair on top of conditioner or mixing it with oil and avg and I've steamed it in with my dc. It really has a moisturizing effect. I initially bough it to eat but we'll.....it made its way onto my head:lol:

cherrynicole. Do you airdry....you can maybe airdry until you are about 80 percent dry then bun as your ends will be dry then.

I did a cowash today and wet bun my hair. It is still wet.

Sometimes when I DC I still have conditioner on my scalp. Does this happen to anyone else? I will scratch my scalp while in the shower and conditioner residue is underneath my nails. How can I rid my scalp of the residue without clarifying?

Nix08 - I think I'm going to wait until after I relax next week before I try the honey pre-poo. How do you use the syrup/nectar? Pre-poo, Post-poo, ????

sunnieb

I steamed with honey/olive oil the other day. It is way too sticky and thick even with the EVOO. Now I remember why I abandoned this treatment.

@sunnieb I do all of my DC's (steam treatments) on dry/damp hair prior to co washing or poo washing. For the agave I added it on top of my hair that I had added conditioner to...that was sticky only going on. Last night I put conditioner in my hand and poured the agave on top, mixed it while in my hand and applied it to my hair. Doing it this way it was not sticky at all:nono:
Here is a link that I was reading which also talked about the agave helping to smooth the cuticles....I'm sold:yep:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlre...teners-anymore

amwcah said:
I did a cowash today and wet bun my hair. It is still wet.

Sometimes when I DC I still have conditioner on my scalp. Does this happen to anyone else? I will scratch my scalp while in the shower and conditioner residue is underneath my nails. How can I rid my scalp of the residue without clarifying?

What kind of DC are u using? Have u tried to dilute it?

I'm dc'ing with Motions CPR right now. It's amazing how I'm 'bout ready to go crazy with my newgrowth around 10 weeks post, but now that I'm heading towards 14 weeks, it's easy breezy. No shedding, matting, or breakage.

Same products and everything. I just don't get it. :perplexed

If things keep going like this, I'll make it to 15 weeks with no effort! :drunk:

I might have time to relax Thursday or Friday, so I decided to do my last pre-relaxer shampoo tonight. Actually, I clarified and then used my Nexxus Therappe. I'm dc'ing now.

Can't wait to relax this weekend! :)

Back