Relaxed Hair Thread

quirkydimples

Tried a bantu knot out...fail. Back to buns I go.

Attachments

• image-2488530208.jpg
    image-2488530208.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1787131944.jpg
    image-1787131944.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2667165759.jpg
    image-2667165759.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1377399094.jpg
    image-1377399094.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 54

Beamodel

Just relaxed my hair with Affirm Fiberguard Mild. I love how it gives me that not so bone straight yet not so textlaxed look. A great balance for me.

quirkydimples

Lilmama1011
Beamodel

I guess it just seems frizzy to me. I usually do twist outs and those always seem more uniform. I was actually going for beach waves with the bantu knots. It just didn't look the way I wanted. I wanted something like this:

Attachments

• Sanaa loose waves.jpg
    Sanaa loose waves.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 54

Beamodel

Lilmama1011 Beamodel I guess it just seems frizzy to me. I usually do twist outs and those always seem more uniform. I was actually going for beach waves with the bantu knots. It just didn't look the way I wanted. I wanted something like this:

The picture in my avatar is from a Bantu knot out. But I only did two knots. Try less knots then. The less the bigger more beach waved you get. It still looks great though quirkydimples

shasha8685

Realized that I am 20 weeks post today..which is why my new growth was on *** your couch status.

So...I relaxed today.:yep:

Also, I'm glad I know how to take care of my hair. I'm moving to Greenville, NC soon and this move could have presented a problem in terms of my hair care.

PureSilver

I think I'm going back to motions lye relaxer. I really wanted to try silk elements mega silk lye but that is not available here. Oh well maybe motions or CON relaxer. Has anyone ever heard of silicon mix relaxer it has mineral oil in it.

Gonna check to see if there are any reviews on YT.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I think I'm going back to motions lye relaxer. I really wanted to try silk elements mega silk lye but that is not available here. Oh well maybe motions or CON relaxer. Has anyone ever heard of silicon mix relaxer it has mineral oil in it. Gonna check to see if there are any reviews on YT.

Most relaxers should have mineral oil in it. If it didn't, you'd only have scalp :lol: don't worry, the mineral oil is very good and very much need it for the relaxing process.

PureSilver

Made up my mind and feeling positive about my decision to use Profectiv Relaxer regular. I wanted to go back to Motions but my gut feeling wasn't having it.

greenandchic

Most relaxers should have mineral oil in it. If it didn't, you'd only have scalp :lol: don't worry, the mineral oil is very good and very much need it for the relaxing process.

Oh no, I purchased the Creme of Eden relaxer a few months ago when it was on sale at Walgreens. It doesn't have mineral oil but it has a lot of other oils. Should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PureSilver

Oh no, I purchased the Creme of Eden relaxer a few months ago when it was on sale at Walgreens. It doesn't have mineral oil but it has a lot of other oils. Should I be concerned?

No I don't think you should be. I've watched almost ever relaxer day update and every review on YT and I've not seen or heard 1 bad review about the Straight from Eden relaxer. I hope you do try it and if you do I pray you get great results.

Fotchygirl

Watch a YT video by thehappyhairshow. She does a review on it.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Oh no, I purchased the Creme of Eden relaxer a few months ago when it was on sale at Walgreens. It doesn't have mineral oil but it has a lot of other oils. Should I be concerned? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Are you sure? Does it at least have petroleum/latum? There is usually something in it heavy that's in the Creme base.

You'll be fine.

danysedai

Hair in a foam bun today. I have rediscovered coconut oil, don't know why I stopped using it.

I should cut about 5 inches (from MBL to APL) of the bone straight ends, I feel like they are contributing to my hair shedding/breakage. But when I do rollersets and wear my hair down they look good, it looks thick all over but I know they are thin and limp. I could cut about an inch next time I relax in September and see how it goes.

And I've subscribed to this youtuber (texlaxed), I'm going to try her braid out tutorial tonight. And she is making me want to try airdrying after about 8 years of not doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tressedforsuccess/videos

Attachments

• 20140801_115925 (2).jpg
    20140801_115925 (2).jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

quirkydimples

I tried another Bantu knot out and like the results much better. I did three knots. One on each side and one in the back. I think this could be a good way to wear my hair down more often without heat, although this was done on flat ironed hair.

Attachments

• image-864558093.jpg
    image-864558093.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 87

PureSilver

SlimPickinz I say do it yourself. I regret not doing mine myself. watch plenty videos on YT to build up the confidence in yourself. You know you hair better than the stylist. Read the relaxed support thread there is so much info here. After months of researching I relaxed last week Sunday and I got the results I wanted doing it myself (beams with pride). I'm truly happy and I trust you will do a great job yourself.

quirkydimples we have the same hair length and your hair does look lovely.

quirkydimples

PureSilver

Awwww...thanks!

I haven't trimmed since last September if my records are correct. I kept cutting off my progress to keep blunt ends. I decided to just MS, GHE, bun with spin pins, and use my split-ender. I self relax every 10-12 weeks.

So far so good, but I'll probably get half an inch snipped where the ends have just naturally thinned (my hair is fine).

quirkydimples

@ SlimPickinz

I saw someone on YouTube once (don't remember who) say she practiced with conditioner before self relaxing. Makes sense to get comfortable with how you want to part your hair, and apply the product. I would think it would also help you learn how to avoid irritating your scalp as you move along, not to mention how to do it in a timely manner.

I had shoulder length natural hair and let a stylist relax it, but I could have (and wish I would have) done it myself. Although, my hair would have been damaged anyway because my natural hair had been colored (golden brown highlights...oh how I miss them). You know what they say: Don't relax color.