Relaxed Hair Thread

SunySydeofLyfe

What is a good relaxer to use? Not many people are listing which relaxer they use. Plus some of the posts are older and relaxers often change their formulas. Thanks!!

I love Nairobi. It processes well with minimal smoothing. I get straight hair without the limp fresh relaxed look.

PureSilver

I love Nairobi. It processes well with minimal smoothing. I get straight hair without the limp fresh relaxed look.

Its expensive too

I second this ^^

I use Affirm Fiber guard Sensitive Scalp...I love it.
I will look into this one. I have two sections along the length of my hair that is under processed plus my NG and i need to fix that next relaxer.

Unless i'm in a deep stretch, i really don't want no more than 2 textures to deal with.....my NG and my relaxed hair; anything more i ain't got the time for.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I don't remember the last time I was able to run a comb through my hair from root to tip without my hair being in tiny sections. The thickness is crazy. Smh

Destiny9109

I need to find another way to do my hair at night besides wrapping it. This morning I noticed my left temple is looking kinda sparse. *sigh*

Time to break out the oil mixtures, I'm nipping this in the bud!

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
I need to find a good moisturizer for my hair, it is so dry and brittle. I have fine 4a hair w/thickness. I have some 3c parts also.

Jobwright

I need to find a good moisturizer for my hair, it is so dry and brittle. I have fine 4a hair w/thickness. I have some 3c parts also.
Have you tried Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave in? It works very well for me. I am relaxed though.

naturalpride

I like QB Burdock Root Butter Cream and the Heavy Cream. The Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist Butter is a very good sealer. They keep my hair moisturized for days.

greenandchic

Since I started running again, I sweat so much more during my workouts. I now alternate shampooing and co washing up to three times a week. Thankfully the NG at 12 weeks post is very manageable as long as a DC with each wash and stretch the NG during the air drying process.

I'm not sure when I'll touch up (purchased my relaxer last week) but I'm glad I don't feel rushed as I did last time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

shasha8685

My last relaxer was in March.

I know I need to relax but I don't want to right now. I guess I should find some cute transitioning styles until the spirit moves me to get that relaxer done.....

halfindian

Wow!!! What a terrible relaxer experience!! I relaxed my hair at 12 weeks (my usual time) however this time I suffered. My new growth made my scalp sore from combing in the shower and ponytailing the hair under running water. Then to relax. Oh my hair started burning from early. Wow!! I would normally allow my hair to dry in sections with braided ends. Shower styling really help smooth out my hair but the tension is what I think killed my poor scalp. Has anyone else had this experience? I was hoping to wait till 16 weeks but had to cut the stretch short. Pain and growth galore. I find my hair grew quickly this stretch.

Evolving78

I like QB Burdock Root Butter Cream and the Heavy Cream. The Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist Butter is a very good sealer. They keep my hair moisturized for days.

i was using this last year during the winter. i don't know what the future holds for this winter, but my hair doesn't require as much moisture currently. my conditioner is really helping with the moisture and i just use coconut oil to nourish my hair until i wash again and i wash every 2-3 days. i plan on relaxing my hair tonight and i hope i don't overprocess and get straightness i want. no overlapping either.