Relaxed Hair Thread

ckisland

Hi girls. Same ole bun on top of my head over here. Nothing exciting. Work has me so busy but I'm still reading and thanking posts. I also turned 23 yesterday :) I was too tired to make my hair cute though :lachen: . Happy birthday to me anyway :)

Happy birthday!!!

ETA
Why did it take me 20 mins to put my hair in a decent bun when I was running lat this morning :ohwell:? Being natural at this length was easier since I only wore wash n'gos until my hair was creeping up on BSL. Well, no low buns for me for a little while :lol:.

Last edited:

naturalagain2

Hey girlies!! I can post in here now! :grin: I enjoyed my braid out this week. I put my hair in a bun midweek. I plan on trying a twist out this weekend to see how it will look on my texlax hair.

SuchaLady

Happy birthday!!! ETA Why did it take me 20 mins to put my hair in a decent bun when I was running lat this morning :ohwell:? Being natural at this length was easier since I only wore wash n'gos until my hair was creeping up on BSL. Well, no low buns for me for a little while :lol:.

Thanks Girly! Trust me the best buns come when you have no where to go. I had theeee BEST bun pic to share but I accidentally deleted it. :wallbash:

NGraceO

Bought redken extreme strength builder plus to replace aphoghee 2 minute in my regimen after reading justgrowalready's blog review.

Now I'm wary after reading an opposing review. I hope it works:( I don't need another non helpful protein conditioner in my life.

Anyone else use this product?

NGraceO

xu93texas

Bought redken extreme strength builder plus to replace aphoghee 2 minute in my regimen after reading justgrowalready's blog review. Now I'm wary after reading an opposing review. I hope it works:( I don't need another non helpful protein conditioner in my life. Anyone else use this product? NGraceO

I've used this about 3 times and it does what its supposed to do. I leave it on for 15 minutes w/plastic cap under hood dryer. I still follow up w/ a moisturizing DC. I think this is a light/medium protein.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Bought redken extreme strength builder plus to replace aphoghee 2 minute in my regimen after reading justgrowalready's blog review. Now I'm wary after reading an opposing review. I hope it works:( I don't need another non helpful protein conditioner in my life. Anyone else use this product? NGraceO

I didn't care for it, but my hair like animal proteins in general.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

FelaShrine

Bought redken extreme strength builder plus to replace aphoghee 2 minute in my regimen after reading justgrowalready's blog review.

Now I'm wary after reading an opposing review. I hope it works:( I don't need another non helpful protein conditioner in my life.

Anyone else use this product?

NGraceO

I used it last week.I really liked it. I intend on staying with Komaza's own but this isnt bad at all. didnt hardenmy hair..just felt strength

NGraceO

In need of a moisturizing shampoo that leaves nye hair feeling clean, but not "squeaky clean"/stripped. I have highly porous hair.

Any suggestions!?!

NGraceO

beloved1bx

In need of a moisturizing shampoo that leaves nye hair feeling clean, but not "squeaky clean"/stripped. I have highly porous hair.

Any suggestions!?!

NGraceO

I alternate between ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Smapoo. I've also heard good things about the Cream of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo, but I've never used it personally.

ckisland

I have tried bunning for like the past 2 or 3 days, and at the end of the day, hairs sticking out all over the place!!! The short hair struggle is real :lol:. Imma go to plan A until my hair's a bit longer. I was suppose to wash today, but I got whisked away, so tomorrow it is. When I oiled my scalp last night, I did notice a little flaking near the crown. One of 2 things may have happened, but I'm not sure yet :spinning:.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I have tried bunning for like the past 2 or 3 days, and at the end of the day, hairs sticking out all over the place!!! The short hair struggle is real :lol:. Imma go to plan A until my hair's a bit longer. I was suppose to wash today, but I got whisked away, so tomorrow it is. When I oiled my scalp last night, I did notice a little flaking near the crown. One of 2 things may have happened, but I'm not sure yet :spinning:.

You sound like my friend so I'm gonna give you a side eye.

Have you tried a French roll (quick version though). That seems like it would work and look nice. Or do a style in the front like a braid, twist or those little hump things with the bang area and do a bun in the back to blend the short hairs.

SunySydeofLyfe

Any suggestions!?!

NGraceO

Im not sure of my porosity but thinking back...aphogee moisturizing shampoo is good. I'm going to go back to it.

Learning I should be journaling what works.

Suny

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
In need of a moisturizing shampoo that leaves nye hair feeling clean, but not "squeaky clean"/stripped. I have highly porous hair. Any suggestions!?! NGraceO

Carols Daughter Black Vanilla and Monoi worked really good for me. It was her conditioners that did me dirty every time.

PureSilver

I washed my hair on saturday, used some protein but a good 3'' of my hair towards the ends could really do with some moisture and since my hair dries quickly, i'm thinking to cowash now and throw in some flexi-rods that way my hair stays pretty while SO and i go for a ride later. #Excited much

ckisland

You sound like my friend so I'm gonna give you a side eye.

Have you tried a French roll (quick version though). That seems like it would work and look nice. Or do a style in the front like a braid, twist or those little hump things with the bang area and do a bun in the back to blend the short hairs.

:lachen: Why I got to get side eye though?! Sigh. So I should actually try to figure out how to style my hair? That's messed up :ohwell: :lol:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
:lachen: Why I got to get side eye though?! Sigh. So I should actually try to figure out how to style my hair? That's messed up :ohwell: :lol:

Lol. My friend always complaining her hair is too short. I tell her here are many styles for her but she expresses the same sentiments you do. I tell her to enjoy it being short and cute because when it gets longer, it's starts getting a bit harder to style.

There are many cute styles you can do. Your thumbnail had a really cute set. You look like you would look really nice with curly styles. I love my buns, but I can live without them too. They are too much sometimes with the upkeep and retention. That's why I stick with twist outs and curl them up with perm rods. It's makes my hair shoulder length and I like that a lot. Sucks that I'm finally MBL and I love myself with SL hair :nono:

ckisland

Lol. My friend always complaining her hair is too short. I tell her here are many styles for her but she expresses the same sentiments you do. I tell her to enjoy it being short and cute because when it gets longer, it's starts getting a bit harder to style.

There are many cute styles you can do. Your thumbnail had a really cute set. You look like you would look really nice with curly styles. I love my buns, but I can live without them too. They are too much sometimes with the upkeep and retention. That's why I stick with twist outs and curl them up with perm rods. It's makes my hair shoulder length and I like that a lot. Sucks that I'm finally MBL and I love myself with SL hair :nono:

Awwwww LOL at you loving your hair at SL! I love my hair curly :grin:. I am actually enjoying my hair right now, even though short hair is not my thing. For me short hair takes so much more skill to style. My long hair was so dang easy breezy!!
I am paranoid about my ends rubbing on my clothes though. I'm on youtube now trying to get some style ideas :yep:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Awwwww LOL at you loving your hair at SL! I love my hair curly :grin:. I am actually enjoying my hair right now, even though short hair is not my thing. For me short hair takes so much more skill to style. My long hair was so dang easy breezy!! I am paranoid about my ends rubbing on my clothes though. I'm on youtube now trying to get some style ideas :yep:

Yes girl!!!! YouTube saves lives :yep: I don't wear my hair down too often, so it doesn't rub too much, but I usually just pull my hair up. You'll be there soon. So are very diligent about your hair care.

bklynbornNbred

Ladies I need your help...I re-relaxed my hair back in dec after being natural for 18 months...I used ors lye my go to relaxer before I was natural and my ends are severely under processed almost texturized the only part of my hair that's straight is about an inch away from my hairline (heat trained) and about 2 inches of my roots the rest look like my picture...I would just let it ride but my hair is in a bob cut and my ends look Soo bushy it ruins the cut....so I've been wiggling it and keeping up my protein moisture balance until my next relaxer day....how can I fix this???? Please help!!!

Queensheba88 IMO ORS has changed its formula. After using for years I finally switched because the relaxer was not giving me the results I desired. I know many on here still love ORS but you may need to find a different relaxer when its time for the corrective.

halfindian

Wanted to share my bun for this week as I wait my next relaxer. I'm so eager!!! Thanks to the almighty for this brilliant idea!!! My new growth started curling on each other and my hair was a mess!!

Washed my hair in two sections, detangled each section and flat twisted each one. Secured in the back with a ponytail holder. Twisted the end and secured with hair pins.

Attachments

• DSC_3221.jpg
    DSC_3221.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_3248.jpg
    DSC_3248.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Saga

The Generous Queen
I need some more clips and hair ties to keep my hair up. Bunning puts too much tension on the shorter layers in the front. Can't wait until my wigs come in the mail =/