Relaxed Hair Thread

ckisland

My corrective came out great!!!

APL hopefully by my next relaxer mid April.

I just want a lot of hair lol

That's great! What did you relax with the first time, and what did you use for your corrective?? Or did you just leave it on for longer?

brownb83

That's great! What did you relax with the first time, and what did you use for your corrective?? Or did you just leave it on for longer?

I used affirm relaxer both times. I just left it on longer. It still has some texture but it's not a pain to detangle.

Mahsiah

as my hair gets longer it's hangs so when i air dry it doesn't get as poofy or big as it used to. Don't know how I feel abut this
:ohwell:

brownb83

I'm going to rollerset my hair straight for a month. As a precaution I am bumping up my hair DCs to twice a week also.

I thinking about ordering some Dominican hair products too..

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
This sewin is high maintenance. I have to do a pincurl every night on this straight hair. Next sewin Im going to use hair w/ a natural wave or curl or something. Lol

NGraceO

This sewin is high maintenance. I have to do a pincurl every night on this straight hair. Next sewin Im going to use hair w/ a natural wave or curl or something. Lol

The wave def makes a difference in the amount of curl it holds, but I would still flexirod my Brazilian wavy hair nightly

NGraceO

ckisland

I was so tempted to pull out my flatiron last night. My hair styling skill set and patience are reeaaaal limited :lol:!! Besides the style I did the first time I washed my hair, literally every style I set on wash day has been a fail :whyme:. I want to airdry, but I'm a little nervous about my ends since my hair's not evenly relaxed down the length. A portion of my end are bushy because of this so I can't just airdry and go.

So my options seem to be braidout or straighten :look:. I would add bunning, but my edges have my hair looking a little rough :lachen:

NGraceO

I was so tempted to pull out my flatiron last night. My hair styling skill set and patience are reeaaaal limited :lol:!! Besides the style I did the first time I washed my hair, literally every style I set on wash day has been a fail :whyme:. I want to airdry, but I'm a little nervous about my ends since my hair's not evenly relaxed down the length. A portion of my end are bushy because of this so I can't just airdry and go. So my options seem to be braidout or straighten :look:. I would add bunning, but my edges have my hair looking a little rough :lachen:

What's the issue you have with your edges?

NGraceO

ckisland

What's the issue you have with your edges?

NGraceO
They're really coarse and look obviously different from the length of my hair, and it was the same when I was natural :lol:. My new growth is making the difference more pronounced though. I cannot slick them down easily and I'm too scared of damaging them on accident. Whenever I pull my hair back it looks messy, so I usually just don't :lol:.

Lilmama1011

They're really coarse and look obviously different from the length of my hair, and it was the same when I was natural :lol:. My new growth is making the difference more pronounced though. I cannot slick them down easily and I'm too scared of damaging them on accident. Whenever I pull my hair back it looks messy, so I usually just don't :lol:.

ckisland can you just add a jam that's thick enough to smooth with just your hands like hicks edges or curls passion fruit control paste or even use a really soft brush to smooth it, put a satin or silk scarf for ten minutes and take it off. if you can simply smooth little by little with just your hands than it will be no damage to your edges, it should be nice and sleek

ckisland

ckisland can you just add a jam that's thick enough to smooth with just your hands like hicks edges or curls passion fruit control paste or even use a really soft brush to smooth it, put a satin or silk scarf for ten minutes and take it off. if you can simply smooth little by little with just your hands than it will be no damage to your edges, it should be nice and sleek
Thank you! I'll actually try this. I was talking with my friend about growing out my hair and I kinda want to start bunning to protective style.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Flexirods were a fail. Lol! I couldn't get them to stay in. Im not good w/ those yet so I had to pin curl. I will try again tmr after watching youtube videos.

PureSilver

right now i'm trying to find a way to cope because i have another 21 weeks to go and i'm 7 weeks post, i would love some tips from the veteran long stretchers.