RELAXED 4B..........WHERE R U????

What ya'll know bout some Fo' Bee Hurr?
I know alllll about it! :lachen::lachen:

chrstndiva

4a & 4b mix checking in. I'm doing the following this winter:
- upping the DC's
- upping the daily moisturizing and sealing (every AM & PM)
- wearing messy buns and updos to prevent my hair from rubbing against my sweaters
- wearing my silk knit cap to cover my hair when outside (most of the time)
- switching from coconut oil to avocado oil

cia_garces

Checkin' in, one two!!! :hiya:

I have SL 4a/4b hair, I just got a fresh trim 4 days ago, and I've already started slippin' with the little bit of regimen I have. But with good reason!!! I was just hired for a job on Friday, I'm starting it on Thursday, so I have to be somewhat moved to a new city 100 miles away by Wednesday. Craziness, huh? :ohwell: I am so busy right now, but I'm glad I took the time to come on here today b/c it helps remind me to not forget about my hair in the midst of my craziness. Thanks LHCF!!!! :blowkiss:

MzShouldaLength

4a/b checking in....at least I'm pretty sure that's what's going on up there. Lol. Currently 8 wks post and I'm torn between relaxing for New Years, or attempting to stretch into the New Year and jus straighten.

Precious_P

4b relaxed here and I need help!!! I have fine hair and now its shedding all over the place. I usually shed more during the fall/winter and on top of that I just had a baby 3 months ago. I hate to comb my hair or even run my fingers through it :nono:.
I need a hair mentor seriously! You ladies have some beautiful, healthy heads of hair and I'm trying to get where you are. I was on the right track, but I'm afraid that by the spring I'll have my work cut out for me. :ohwell:

OMG! I am so in your shoes right now. I'm 4a/4b relaxed (roots are texlaxed) and I just had a baby 3 months ago and I just started shedding a few weeks ago. I normally shed a lot this time of year so I hope that it resolves around the same time it normally does. My hair is super healthy now. I'm back to my low manipulation styles (braidouts, easy updos), deep conditioning and will be doing roller sets.

blackberry815

Do you ladies find it difficult to stretch because of the 4b texture.. Everytime I plan on stretching I get to 7 weeks and I feel like I have to relax. I'm going to try harder this time around. I'm at 5 weeks and I want to stretch till february but I don't know if imma make it. I might break down and relax in two weeks..

lana

I'm here but I'm texlaxed. I'm definitely a 4B and my middle just hit BSL. But I'm claiming APL until it all reaches below BSL!

ATLcutey20

i'm 4a/4b..so i count! :grin:

yeah, i found it hard to stretch more than 12wks. i saw that long-term stretch thread and all i could do is :notworthy! they go hard!

D.Lisha

So, any of u relaxed 4bs use Shea butter to seal ur hair?
I used some last night and my hair feels heavenly :)
I actually used the Shea butter and all elasta QP mango butter....tonight im jst gonna use the Shea to see if that is what has my hair so soft.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

EbonyCPrincess

Do you ladies find it difficult to stretch because of the 4b texture.. Everytime I plan on stretching I get to 7 weeks and I feel like I have to relax. I'm going to try harder this time around. I'm at 5 weeks and I want to stretch till february but I don't know if imma make it. I might break down and relax in two weeks..

I don't know if I would say I find it difficult, but I learned this year that I do not retain as much growth when I attempt long stretches. I relax at or around 10 weeks, although yesterday I was only 7 weeks post. For me long stretches aren't going to help me reach my goal as quickly as I would like.

I actually used the Shea butter and all elasta QP mango butter....tonight im jst gonna use the Shea to see if that is what has my hair so soft.

I don't...haven't tried the QP mango butter since it came out with the "new" formula either.

PinkPebbles

I purchased some shea butter that I still haven't used. I may experiment next week.

Thanks for the review!

PinkPebbles

I don't like long stretches on my hair...the most I'll stretch is 12wks.

D.Lisha

I purchased some shea butter that I still haven't used. I may experiment next week.

Thanks for the review!

Hey Pink Pebbles!
Let me know how it works out for ya...I'm also using it for my skin as well...I heard it was BOMB for skin, especially for the dry months :yep:

Toy

I cant stretch longer than 12 wks my hair dont play that..I find it very difficult.

Bigmommah

I am checking in!

Currently 21 weeks post and I can truly say I know a little something about 4b.:yep:

Wearing my hair in 2 strand flat twists and braids has made stretching much easier.

NYDee

I know I'm a 4. Don't know if I'm A or B.
See my new growth.

Attachments

• P1100547a.jpg
    P1100547a.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 317

blackberry815

4b/a here: 20 weeks post relaxer...2 more weeks until my 1st self-relaxer :yay: :nervous2:

That is amazing.. Any tips on stretching? Also I admire you for self relaxing I used to do it when I was younger but now that I'm on my hair journey I'm too chicken to try it! let us know how it comes out

TLC1020

Wow...

It's still many of us that are relaxed and taking very good care of our hair :waytogo:. I have absolutely no intentions of going natural but I will say congrats to those ladies that decide to transition and go natural :grouphug2:.

I am so proud of you ladies :yep: I want you to be consistent with the products that work for your hair type and not b/c they work for someone hair texture.

Remember ladies less is best :grin: