RELAXED 4B..........WHERE R U????

ellehair

Well currently 3 weeks post, plan to relax again in the beginning of march around 8 weeks post. I have a rough patch of hair in the back its shorter than the rest of my hair and has always been a problem area. i am trying to figure out what i can do as it always seems dry and uncooperative. I moisturize and seal 2x a day but i dont know this hair is just not in sync with the rest. I did a corrective and im thinking it may be over processed even though it still looks severly underprocessed.

blackberry815

Well currently 3 weeks post, plan to relax again in the beginning of march around 8 weeks post. I have a rough patch of hair in the back its shorter than the rest of my hair and has always been a problem area. i am trying to figure out what i can do as it always seems dry and uncooperative. I moisturize and seal 2x a day but i dont know this hair is just not in sync with the rest. I did a corrective and im thinking it may be over processed even though it still looks severly underprocessed.

Did u do the corrective yourself or did you go to a professional? How many weeks post were you when you did it?

ellehair

I did the corrective during my normal relaxer process @ 8 weeks post.. I did it myself but i really dont know whats going on with this hair, but I will not attempt to process it again, i will leave it as is, but the dryness is concerning me.

casey3035

I did the corrective during my normal relaxer process @ 8 weeks post.. I did it myself but i really dont know whats going on with this hair, but I will not attempt to process it again, i will leave it as is, but the dryness is concerning me.
I also had a patch on the right back side of my hair. Dry-under-processed,shorter and thinner than the rest! I had to baby that side. Kept it more moist. I learned to pay more attention to that side when relaxing. More smoothing and relaxing that area more was required! The Mizani night-time h20 helped strengthen it too.
I decided to cut the healthy side one day-I actually figured I would make the weak side longer to see what happens... Well that weak side is still longer-it finally started growing healthier and thicker!!! Now I can barely tell the difference between the two-but I am still careful with that side when handling it!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Relaxed but don't know my hair type for sure but I think I am 4a/b.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

baglady215

Hey ladies! :wave:

Relaxed 4a/b here. Currently 12 weeks post and trying to get back into caring for my hair properly. I plan to relax in the next week or 2 with Mizani BB Super. My hair is coarse and dense, not necessarily thick but a lot of strands. I have some underprocessed areas that I plan to touch up as well.

TLC1020

What's good ladies.. :wave:

Checking in with my wonderful 4b ladies to see how everyone is doing. I am 30 weeks post relaxer and have 3 weeks to left before I touch-up :yay: Not exactly ready to take the braids down but my goal was to relax at 8 mths post so that is what I am doing. :yep:

blackberry815

What's good ladies.. :wave:

Checking in with my wonderful 4b ladies to see how everyone is doing. I am 30 weeks post relaxer and have 3 weeks to left before I touch-up :yay: Not exactly ready to take the braids down but my goal was to relax at 8 mths post so that is what I am doing. :yep:

Wow you are an inspiration! I still don't know how u ladies do it! I'm at 6 weeks right now and I'm seeing long strands broken off at the demarcation line already! I'm like wth! I do run the comb through my hair a lot tho. Do you comb throughout the stretch? And how often?

shinyblackhair

Hello,

4A/B checking in. Just self relaxed after a 5 month stretch. It was getting so unmanageable I was going to big chop it, but my sister threated to have me committed if I big chopped again (bc'd in "09) so I just went ahead and did it. My hair is finally getting past shoulder length in the back and is growing into a lovely V shape.

Since I relaxed last week I wore my hair out but, now I washed and deep conditioned I think I may go the phony pony route (which hubby hates, but oh well). I may try braiding it up and slapping a wig on if I can find something cute.

EbonyCPrincess

Did I reply in this thread already? :look::spinning: Oh well, I can again! LOL! I'm 4b & currently 7 months post and relaxing (at the salon) tomorrow! :dance7:

Pics of my new growth:

MrsSmitty77

4 A/B relaxed checking in. I am currently 7 weeks post was planning for 10, but may go 8 instead. My doctor started me on iron pills and my new growth is coming in thicker and I am having a hard time managing. I heard oil rinses help, I am going to try that tomorrow and see if it helps to buy me a few weeks.

TLC1020

Hey ladies,

4b checking in again ..

This week make 16 weeks post (4mths) and w/o braids..Yay.. Nothing but my bun has been getting me through.. ;)

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Wow you are an inspiration! I still don't know how u ladies do it! I'm at 6 weeks right now and I'm seeing long strands broken off at the demarcation line already! I'm like wth! I do run the comb through my hair a lot tho. Do you comb throughout the stretch? And how often?

Do you maintain your hair at home? I only comb through my roots while under the shower...Unless I have a fresh set where my strands are completely straight.

Are you keeping up with your protein? My hair stays happy at the line of demarcation if my protein/moisture is in check. I'm a certified thick strand 4b and I stretch up to 13 weeks.

TheNDofUO

I want to wrap my hair. Get senegalese twists install a long 3c ish weave. Even though I've just put in bantu knots. I'm just insatiable, arent i?

EasypeaZee

Relaxed 4B here at 37 weeks post on Thursday. Struggling in my PS to keep from staring in the mirror and willing my hair to speed it the heck up! My hair seems to be content in the braids with the moisturizing spray ive made so i guess i'll keep up my regimen until i cant take the new growth anymore or until i feel like i reallllly need to see my length.

HHG!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I realized by accident that if after washing/co washing I do not seal with oil my hair dries faster BUT it does not feel as mosturized:nono: So a little less oil when sealing speeds up my airdrying while still giving me moist hair.

Plus I've realized that I may go to bed with dampish hair put in two bantu knots and have soft manageable hair in the morning:yep: As a result I've been co washing almost every day...my hair and I love this:yep:

yardgirl

I bought Aphogee 2 Step in 2010 and was afraid to use it. A week ago, I tried it for the first time and I can't believe I've been skipping this.

Seriously, this is the HG product. It could transform my hair. I need to get an inch or two and then see where I am by Easter.

There is no way I'm going to leave this out of my regimen. No way in hell.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm am also realizing that co-washing is AWESOME for my hair!! I want to do it everyday now because my hair feels great during and after. I cw last night and I can't wait to do it again, unfortunately my next wash is a poo wash and DC :-(.

BTW, another 4B-Relaxed head checking in!