Pics of 4b hair ~Naturals~ Please!

Guapa1

rosie

I am a 4b. I think my grey hair may be 4a. J/K.

My avatar is a braid out from 4 month old mini braids.

My album contains pictures of my hair.

Right now, I am wearing a press. (See my siggy pic).

envybeauty

Thank you ladies!!!! :grin:

I will come back to this thread from time to time.

It is WAY too easy to forget that TRUE 4b hair doesn't curl, wave, or coil into any cute pattern when MOST of the natural pics on LHCF are of curls, springs, waves, etc.

Gin: I'm mad that you busted out the MJ pic..:lachen:..that's what I'm talking about...him rocking that overprocessed look for decades, makes it hard to remember that he truly has 4b hair.

mscocoface

I am a 4bcdeefg with the most shrinkage you ever want to see on a natural head. Check out my fotki and my siggy speaks for itself.:yep:

Even when I pull my hair back my edges do not lay down. View the edges in the siggy. Yep it is 4b without question. No natural shine, severe shrinkage, etc.

I can go from length to a thick short afro in the time it takes to completely dry my hair with or without product.

Last edited:

secretrose

I really appreciate this thread. I know I am a 4a/4b with mostly 4b and it's great to see pics of 4b heads. With the natural wave going on I think a lot of ppl have unrealistic expectations for what their hair would be like when natural. I agee with the person that mentioned when growing up, I saw mostly natural 4bs but the board seems to have mostly types 3's and 4a's. Strange.

envybeauty

I really appreciate this thread. I know I am a 4a/4b with mostly 4b and it's great to see pics of 4b heads. With the natural wave going on I think a lot of ppl have unrealistic expectations for what their hair would be like when natural. I agee with the person that mentioned when growing up, I saw mostly natural 4bs but the board seems to have mostly types 3's and 4a's. Strange.

that's what the pictures tell....that's why i wanted pics of 4bs..

Katt73

Ditto. I am a true 4b (although relaxed for the past two years)...not a lick of curl, wave, or spiral when I'm natural. Cottony might be an overstatement...

zzirvingj

All of you ladies have gorgeous hair :drunk:

OT--can someone tell me a place where I can see pics of 4a vs 4b hair? I say I'm 4a/b cuz I'm pretty sure I am both...but I've never really known for sure so it would be good to take a look at some pics comparing the differences, if such a thing exists.

TIA :drunk:

nappity

4b in the house!
In My Fotki There are pictures of it dry and wet. Dry no definition whatsoever unless manipulated by twists. Wet its curly and boingy. Its a fallacy that 4b hair has no definition. It just doesnt retain the definition as it dries that 4a can get with product when it dries.

lipyt

So I suppose I was a 4b. All those pics I saw in here I thought were 4a's. My hair pics are in my fotki. I thought 4b meant very tightly coiled and high shrinkage I guess I had the wrong idea. Yay! 4b! I miss my natural hair :ohwell:

secretrose

So I suppose I was a 4b. All those pics I saw in here I thought were 4a's. My hair pics are in my fotki. I thought 4b meant very tightly coiled and high shrinkage I guess I had the wrong idea. Yay! 4b! I miss my natural hair :ohwell:

It does, I think a few ppl who posted in here are 4a/4b

locabouthair

All of you ladies have gorgeous hair :drunk:

OT--can someone tell me a place where I can see pics of 4a vs 4b hair? I say I'm 4a/b cuz I'm pretty sure I am both...but I've never really known for sure so it would be good to take a look at some pics comparing the differences, if such a thing exists.

TIA :drunk:

Hi. I saw your album and I think you're a type 3.

CoCoRica

Question for everyone, when you comb your hair and have hair in the comb what does it look like?

I think I am 4a/4b....I will post pics in the thread when I get home or update my fotki---i'm at work.

When I comb my hair the hair that comes out comes out in complete little O's and some of them come out like little springs or coils.

Anancy

Question for everyone, when you comb your hair and have hair in the comb what does it look like?

I think I am 4a/4b....I will post pics in the thread when I get home or update my fotki---i'm at work.

When I comb my hair the hair that comes out comes out in complete little O's and some of them come out like little springs or coils.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how my hair is, what type is that then, i've just always said my hairtype is 4a/4b.

The nape of my hair is completely different from the rest, it's a lot more silky feeling and less coily and it can get quite limp if i put too much product in that part of my hair, i think that's why i've been confused about my hair type.