Rave: Keracare Silken Seal

Tracy

I had a great wash today and tried out Keracare's Silken Seal and loved it. Here's what I did: Washed with Lanza Deep Cleansing shampoo twice, applied Infusium 23 Power Pac Conditioner for 30 minutes; no heat. Then I rinsed and applied Motions Nourish Leave In and a dime sized amount of Keracare Silken Seal to my hair from the ears down. It really made my hair feel and look like glass - just as BRH (thank you girl!) indicated it would. It was a very pleasurable experience and it will be a staple in my regimen from here on out.

It's a really good product and I recommend it highly. I will use it the same way many people use oils, pomades and other cream based products to "seal" their ends before a rollerset.

Thanks BRH!

Armyqt

Tracy I really like the Keracare Silken Seal also. However becuase of the $20 price, I only use this (and very sparingly), on those special ocassions and if I ever do a blowout

azul11

wow i have been trying to find this for some time after brh raved about it. do you know where you can get this in nyc? i think i saw it one time but i didnt have enough change and i never saw it there again. how much does it cost?

this is the serum right? is it only for your ends? how does this compare to smooth and shine or fantasia? sorry for all the questions but you are one of the people on this site who inspire me and whenever i see a technique you use i jot it down. there are quite a few on here. whenever they say anything positive about a product i know it must be good. jade21 is another one. if she said dirt would help your hair i would be massage it into my scalp each night.
God bless you all.

Kitkat

Azul, I saw Silken Seal (along with other Keracare products) at a beauty supply place on 14th btw 5th and 6th. I think the name of the store is Wigs Plus, and it's on the north side of 14th Street. Also, check out Optima Beauty Supply on John Street off of Broadway (thanks Tracy I wouldn't have known about this place but for you). I don't know if Rays sells Keracare stuff, but they're on 8th btw 45th and 46th.

Sorry, I don't remember how much Silken Seal cost at the store on 14th Street. I do remember that it's pretty expensive.

Thanks for the post, Tracy. I thought that Silken Seal was only for blow drying, which I don't do at all. It's nice to know that it's useful for roller setting.

azul11

OMG I completely forgot i heard about optima here. and rays as well. i heard they had an array of different products. i dont mind travelling because honesty if i find a good spot that carries a lot of products then i will be happy.

thanks soooo much. i will defintely try these stores. thank you sooo much.
God bless you all.

Kitkat

No problem, Azul. I forgot to mention: check out NayNay's thread on Keracare Humecto. It's a pretty recent thread. A beauty supply place named RaMa on the Upper West Side is listed. They're at Amsterdam and 108th, I think. Someone in the thread posted the phone number. If that location is closer to you, give 'em a call to see if they sell Silken Seal.

Aha!! Another product fave of mine that I've converted someone with

Keracare is excellent which is why I've used it for years now. On and off for years but I gravitate back to it since it works so nicely.

It can be purchased for 10 bucks at the Cecilia salon. I believe its 23rd between 7th and 8th?? Tracy correct me if I'm wrong on the addy.

azul,

It comes in a spray and a serum form. I and Tracy are raving about the serum. Its very concentrated and you truly only need a dime sized. I concentrate using it on hair ends as that's where I want the most sealing but it doesn't say to only use it there.

I've seen the price fluctuate madly for this serum. At most; $30 by my local beauty supplies, down to 10 bucks at the Ceclia salon I just mentioned.

Tracy

The address that BRH gave is correct on Salon Cecilia - 23rd and 8th (it's closer to 8th than 7th and is right next to a Gap, above a Ricky's and - damn it all to hell - has a Krispy Kreme right next door!
). It was actually 9 bucks not 10 - a steal considering the prices I've seen and that have been quoted on this site.

I also never considered this product because of the instructions - I never blow dry so I thought this product wasn't for me. Boy was I wrong! I got so many compliments on my hair today. This stuff is a great find. My hair looks like glass, feels like silk and is bouncin' and behavin' like nobody's business!

I can't wait until summer because I also used it on my wet hair to help me with some curl definition last week and it worked like a charm. I just used it in place of any other serum - after the leave in and before the curl enhancing product - which reminds me, I have another thread to go answer!

Me voy!

NayNay

See I just posted that I wasn't buying anything but I just lost that bet that quickly. I called both Ra-Ma (service is not as shall we say Bueno there) and they "claim" they have the KeraCare Humecto (16 oz bottles) and the KeraCare Silken Seal. I didn't get a price for the KeraCare Silken Seal-but I do remember seeing it and eye balling it..... I called the Wigs & Plus and their Humecto is $9.99 and $19.00 I think for the Silken Seal so it looks like I may run down to the place on 23rd street. I can't find their phone number darm it and I will post after lunch about it!!!!! I am a PJ and I just told Pebs I wouldn't buy this week!

KitKat Ray's doesn't carry KeraCare unfortunatelly!! Ra-Ma also carries the Colourshine products but ahemmm those are kept behind the counter. Service is bad. If you ask one person where something is they say we don't carry it. If you ask another person working in the store they can find it for you. Service is pretty BAD!!!!

azul11

LOL it funny you should say that. i went in to find nexxus biotin creme and i asked if they had it they said no. mind you i saw it with my own eyes. i said look its right there. this is why i am always asking where to go for this or that. i usually stick to the stores i frequent but its nice to know of other locations that may have a better selection of items and the people who work there who can actually help you. i still cant find a store that sells a full line of elasta qp. i cant find a one stop shop for the conditioners i want, that is the frustration.

does rama change their products around. blkmane said they had the jojoba shampoo she used and she even said where she finds it but i went in there like 5 times on different days and cannot find it. i almost feel like i am losing my mind.
God bless you all.

NayNay

Gurrll I know BlkMane got me buying that shampoo too (I won't buy it again). For me it really did nothing but I will tell you where it is. As soon as you walk in look at the bottom shelf on your right. I mean u are practically in the entrance way. I was told they didn't have it too and someone else found it for me. I really am hooked on the KeraCare and am going out during lunch to look for the KeraCare Silken Seal.

Allandra

Who was is that got a really nice silky blow dry with this product? I can't recall the name at the moment.

NayNay

Product Junkie NayNayt just walked down to the Cecilia Salon 212-243-9379 and purchased it. Ladieez I would try Ra-Ma I bet it may be cheaper or just as cheap. U can get the 16 oz of humecto for $9 and there the 8 oz was $10! By the way it was the last bottle of Silken Seal! SMILE
It is all cones
Ingredients cycolomethicone dimethicone
That is it!!!!
Ingredi

Kitkat

NayNay, I hear you on the 'customer service' at Rays. Sometimes they can be so nice, but at other times they're really obnoxious.

Girl, I think we have to find a support group for you!!

azul11

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
NayNay said:
Product Junkie NayNayt just walked down to the Cecilia Salon 212-243-9379 and purchased it. Ladieez I would try Ra-Ma I bet it may be cheaper or just as cheap. U can get the 16 oz of humecto for $9 and there the 8 oz was $10! By the way it was the last bottle of Silken Seal! SMILE
It is all cones
Ingredients cycolomethicone dimethicone
That is it!!!!
Ingredi

[/ QUOTE ]

you got the last bottle at cecila? i wonder if they would reorder it? God bless you all.

Allandra, a long time ago I had a blow out with silken seal. My God the hair came out so good; ultra straight and swinging.

I like it for rollarsets but should I ever do a blow out again, silken seal is coming with!

Allandra

brownrelaxedhair said:
Allandra, a long time ago I had a blow out with silken seal. My God the hair came out so good; ultra straight and swinging.

I like it for rollarsets but should I ever do a blow out again, silken seal is coming with!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. It sounds like REALLY good stuff.

Allandra

Ummmm. I already know I'm gonna purchase this product.
Now the question is 'when'.
It seems to be so many different prices (depending on where it's purchased from). Oh well, that doesn't matter. I'm getting it anyways.

Allandra

I have been thinking about this product all day long!
Has anyone else purchased this (or thought about purchasing this) since this thread started? Come on. Fess up. I KNOW I'm not the only one.

Armyqt

Allandra said:
I have been thinking about this product all day long!
Has anyone else purchased this (or thought about purchasing this) since this thread started? Come on. Fess up. I KNOW I'm not the only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

My, My, My Allandra....
I must say you have been in rare form lately. You're usually so strong. I was hoping to join to you soon and get back on the wagon. But seeing as how you seem to be slipping and succumbing to all these wonderful product reviews, I guess there's really no hope for me. So go ahead girl
, gone and get ya'self some of that Silken Seal

Allandra

Army,

After REALLY thinking it over today, I decided not to get it. Two reasons: 1) I don't blow dry my hair and 2) I don't roller set much. So, no sense in me buying it if I'm not going to use it much at all. I guess I was just going through a 24 hour phase. Therefore, no KeraCare Silken Seal for me.

Allandra

NayNay said:
It is all cones.
Ingredients - cycolomethicone and dimethicone
That is it!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Since my Matrix Biolage Shine Renewal Spray contains these two ingredients (as the first two ingredients), I thought I would give it a try on wet hair. After rinsing my hair with Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek Conditioner, I sprayed my wet hair with Matrix Biolage Shine Renewal Spray. The comb just glided right through my hair. Afterwards, I put my hair in a wet bun (of course). I'm going to have to use the Matrix Biolage Shine Renewal Spray more often. Afterall, my hair does love cones.
I am looking forward to trying it for a roller set and wrap. I'd love to see how it would work for a blow dry (that I would get a stylist (my sister-in-law) to do). Now if this product works this good, I can imagine how good the KeraCare Silken Seal would work. Since I have this, I can now hold out with ease.

NayNay

Silken Seal Update. They don't sell it at Ra-Ma just the spray.So I guess Celicia is the only spot they sell it in. It is a salon so I am sure they reorder at least once or twice a month. I would try calling. I can't find my receipt with a number and I can't find it on the internet.