Keracare Silken seal = Dry brittle hair?

Mandy4610

I was so excited to buy the silken seal, but when I used it my hair came out really dry and brittle. I used it on damp hair after appying Keracare leave in. The first time I tried I also used Fantasia Frizz buster, at that time I thought it was the fantasia that caused this, so I DCed again and this time I only used Keracare leave-in and Silken seal. My hair is still dry and brittle, but I guess not as bad as the first time.
Do any of you ladies have problems with the silken deal? What about the frizz free?
Do you think maybe I used too much of the silken seal?
TIA

FlawedBeauty

i used it once before a long time ago and i got the same results. its not for everyone i suppose cuz i didnt like it at all :(

BlondeByDesire

I KeraCare products.

I use the leave in and the silken seal - both with no problem.

You don't need a lot of the silken seal.

I apply the leave-in on damp hair in sections.

Then apply the silken seal (about a dime size)

Proceed to roller set - I drench each section with water (alot of water).

My hair comes out very soft.

KinksnCurlz

I'm sorry that happened to you but I love me some KSS. I've used it for years and only applied it to my ends (you are referring to the silken seal serum correct?). All u need is a tiny amount because a little goes a long way, coupled with the fact that it's very thick. You can "thin" it out some by warming it up for about 30 seconds (rubbing your hands together achieves this).

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
I use a dime size Silken seal mixed with Keracare leave-in conditioner quarter size mixed together. Keracare hair stylists at testing salon always mix it with conditioner then apply mixture to hair.

Mandy4610

Can I take it off your hands?

I am sorry this happened to you. I use it and I like it alot. But seriously though, dont let it go to waste! I'll take it off your hands.
Hey girl, thanks so much for offering to take it off my hands. I might have to try it one more time before I really make the decision, because I only used it twice. I think that I may have put too much in, so I will try using less and see what happens. Thanks for offering:grin:

Namilani

Although I prefer Mizani Spradiance, I do like Silken Seal. I apply KeraCare leave-in, Foam Wrap Lotion, and then Silken Seal. It detangles and makes sets that much more shiny and silky. I probably used a silver dollar-sized amount. (I know... I know... :nono: That's why I go through products so fast and have so much build-up :perplexed.)

Mandy4610

Although I prefer Mizani Spradiance, I do like Silken Seal. I apply KeraCare leave-in, Foam Wrap Lotion, and then Silken Seal. It detangles and makes sets that much more shiny and silky. I probably used a silver dollar-sized amount. (I know... I know... :nono: That's why I go through products so fast and have so much build-up :perplexed.)
Thanks girl. Did using too much make your hair dry and brittle?