Neutrogena 3-ple Moisture Serum or KC Silken Seal

Chaya

I found a website that sells Keracare products and has free shipping with orders over $25. They have the Keracare silken seal for $21.50 and I am going to buy the setting lotion along with it. My question "Is the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Serum comparable to the Keracare silken seal?" If so Ill save my money and run over to the drug store!!

HElp!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Neutrogena 3-ple Moisture Serum or KC Silken

It depends on what your goal is for using the serum. What effect or results are you wanting to achieve with the serum?

Chaya

Lasting shine and possibly some protection against the humidity.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Okay,

The Keracare serum is SOOOOOO thick. It's so thick that I can't even describe it. It is thicker than any other serum I've tried (and you know I've tried PLENTY
) It would definitely weigh your hair down if you were going to use it on dry hair. However, I could see it blocking out humidity because of it's super thickness.

The Neutrogena is very light and makes the hair soft, shiny, and even lends it a great feeling of smoothness and moisture. It won't weight your hair down by any means. I'm not sure that it would help with the humidity issues.

IMO, for general all around use--the Neutrogena is the better buy. The Keracare is $$$ for a small amount, but it's very concentrated so it doesn't take much at all. But I think that one was mainly designed for blowdrying. I think that may be why it's thicker than other serums and only contains silicone and no other ingredients.

Chaya

Thanks!! That really helps!! I think Ill hold off on the Keracare Silken seal then. Im more interested in softness than anything that is going to be weight my hair down. O have the proclaim gloss but that is just TOO thin! THe neutrogena serum isnt thin like that is it?

Tracy

IMO it is thin. But I like it better on dry hair. I only use it when I wear my hair curly. I'd even say the Neut is thinner than the Proclaim.

Chaya

ewww! Im glad I read thie before running to the drug store!! I found a two dollar off coupon in this months issue of marie claire too! dang!

Which one do you like better tracy?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
IMO it is thin. But I like it better on dry hair. I only use it when I wear my hair curly. I'd even say the Neut is thinner than the Proclaim.

[/ QUOTE ]

--I was gonna say it's thin, but not as thin as the proclaim... I'll go do a little test right now

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Okay, Tracy's right! The Neutrogena is a tad thinner than the Proclaim--but it's just a tad.

cutebajangirl

I just wouldn't compare the two. I think Silken Seal is good at locking out humidity because you use it on dry hair and it IS soooo thick. The neutrogena is for dry hair and I think it works great there for shine and "moisture"
(as much moisture as a serum can give). If I wanted a serum for battling humidity I'd look for one that was specifically designed to do so. Maybe Matrix Sleek Look Sealing Serum and Water free lock out spray (a glosser).
But I have the $2 off coupon too so I would go fot the Neutrogena and see if it can help me any before moving on to the more expensive stuff.

Chaya

So are ya'll saying that the proclaim and the Neutrogena are about the same PERFORMANCE-wise as well? I know you know SUPERGIRL!!!

Chaya

Well good cause you know I went out and bought it today! I guess we'll see how well this performs. Have you ever tried it with your rollersets?

Chaya

This is a new staple for me!

I love this serum! It is not heavy and it provides just the right amount of shine and it softens the hair immensely. My hair loves this when I rollerset it!

I like it better than some of the more expensive serums!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I told y'all

Neutrogena doesn't know what they have...better stock up while it's still $6.99

Chaya

Supergirl!!!!!

I am not STOCKING UP ON ANYTHING ANYMORE!!!!!

Cause of you I have a serious addiction! You should see underneath my sink!

Somebody needs to hide my wallet and car keys!! I got so muchg stuff under my sink I have a hair products on my bar in my kitchen!! Thank goodness I live by myself and my 2 cats!!!

Im lookin real pathetic!! I have great hair though

jaibee

I HATE proclaim glossing polish...it makes my hair so greasy and nasty looking.

now the neutrogena serum, that's some good stuff....I caved and bought the entire line and I will be doing a shampoo with the stuff soon...........