Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

imaginary

Was gonna wait until December but I'm seriously feeling the itch to henna again. Just gonna break down and do an overnight this weekend.

Love2Live

I thought I would stretch until 12 weeks but my stretch is ending today at 11 weeks instead. I have an appt today at 2pm.Relaxer and rollerset coming right up! I want to get a fresh trim so I can take care of the breakage and split ends and start fresh on my journey to full SL for 2015. Winter time is when my hair is typically the driest so I need to pay careful attention to it. I also need to find some silk scarfs to wear because last year the breakage I had from my knit scarves was UNREAL. Now I know better. Happy Tuesday, ladies!!!!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair is starting to feel greasy. Time for dry shampoo. If that doesn't work I will wash and dc on my next off day

charmtreese

Used Shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curling souffle gel for my last two twist sets. Still not sure how I feel about it! This product got me all kinds of confused.

naija24

how is the hair journey going so far? Haven't seen you around much!

Hello shortdub78! Yeah, I gave LHCF a break to figure out what I wanted to do with my hair. I know I want to be natural but I don't know what kind of natural so I'm weaving up to figure it out.

The hair journey is going well. I went from a little bit below ear length after a terrible trim in January to full neck length as of last week. I only had two relaxers this year and both times I stretched 6 months. So my hair is pretty strong right now and I love it. I am so over relaxers though. I feel like constant relaxer runoff is the SOLE reason for all my breakage because sans that, my hair is retaining length. Well, that and PS. I have been weaved up or braided up since last December and I'm sure it made a difference as well.

My boyfriend is happy with my HHJ but says I should just be a straight haired natural if I'm gonna wear it straight anyway, but idk. these puffs and buns are giving me life!!

So I want to see where my hair is in early Spring. I am not straightening my hair until then because I want a legit length check. I hope to be skimming APL at least or be full shoulder. Crossing my fingers!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Used Shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curling souffle gel for my last two twist sets. Still not sure how I feel about it! This product got me all kinds of confused.
try the complementing spray with it!
I didn't like the soufflé gel or the curl enhancing smoothie. The soufflé felt greasy in my hair I may have used too much. The smoothie stayed white. Again I may have used too much. I may try them both sometime in the future, but for now both products are in a bin in my closet.

SuchaLady

These IG stylists getting outta pocket now. I just saw a wig one of them made for $650. Nothing about the labor of making a wig requires a $650 price tag; it takes the same amount of time as a sew in.

Evolving78

I didn't like the soufflé gel or the curl enhancing smoothie. The soufflé felt greasy in my hair I may have used too much. The smoothie stayed white. Again I may have used too much. I may try them both sometime in the future, but for now both products are in a bin in my closet.
I used that enhancing smoothie on my feet!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I really didn't like the curl enhancing smoothie or the soufflé gel either. I have the spray but I have to use it sparingly if at all because wet hair = mega shrinkage for me. I am love, love, loving the Design Essentials Naturals mousse. It leaves my twistouts soft, defined and shiny with great hold.

mz.rae

So I'm guessing these two salons I tried to get in contact with don't want any business. I asked two separate people at two different salons if they had any spots open for either the the 15th or 22nd. One said they would check and never got back to me and the other never responded back. I was trying to get a press for my natural hair. They both seem to do really good work from the pictures I have seen of natural hair clients and seem to practice healthy hair care practices, and I am still looking for a salon. The two I have gone to either get the top really straight but the ends look raggedy, or it looks really weighed down. Based on all of this I am just considering going to my old hair dresser and just getting a relaxer, since I'm not getting good results finding a hairdresser.

ImanAdero

Despite reaching MBL... I'm feeling some kind of way about my hair.

Maybe a color change will change that... I'll darken my hair and see how that helps me.

Now what semi permanent color is the real question. Maybe a super dark blue or purple so it's barely noticeable... But makes me feel "edgy" lol.

Victoria44

I LOVE how my hair came out today. The stylist only had to cut 2 inches and she did a great layering job. She got my hair silky smooth at 375 degrees! image-3224703469.jpg

image-3399169492.jpg

image-1588015112.jpg

image-506244239.jpg

image-3082617075.jpg

krissyc39

I was waiting outside the airport for a while yesterday and to kill some time I took to running my fingers through my hair (which is straight right now btw). Mid-shaft I got a nasty snag and out of a reflex I took out my hair scissors and.... quickly put them back in my bag lol. #hairobsessedproblems #cantberatchetthough

Sholapie

who knew I could have a great night's sleep in flexi rods? and the set is kinda cute for the amount of effort I put in (next to none)

I'm so excited to finally try the purification masque, hope I like it!

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think I am going to do a personal 3 month "No Wig" challenge. It'll help me get more aquainted with my hair. Since I have been natural I haven't worn my hair out for more than a few weeks at a time. When things get rough (pun intended), I do some celies and throw on a wig.