Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

bosswitch

I need to get it together and be consistent with DC'ing my hair every week. My hair is such a dry, digusting mess right now :nono:

lux10023

ditto to everything you posted!!!!!:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

for the first time in forever i am wearing my natural hair out curly during the week while going to work---i wake up just a few mins early to make sure i am good but its not as hard as i thought it would be--i usually reserve my natural hair in its curly state for the wknds and throw on a wig during the week but

my hair had a 1:1 with me and stated i am tired of you covering me all the time:lol: I'm beautiful and awesome...my hair basically chin checked me into reality:lachen:

love my hair--its big curls and awesome...i have been appreciating it---wearing it straightened but its time to embrace it in its natural curl pattern and all its glory!!!:yep:

Just gonna have a moment here....
I :love: LOVE :love: my natural hair. I really do. I could have easily done this years ago. Transitioning was a pain in the beginning but things got easier. My only regrets is a bit of the heat damage I incurred during my transition. Other than that, I do love my natural hair. I love the way it looks on me, I love the feel of it. I love the volume, and I can't imagine how much more fierce it will be when it grows out. I truly think my relaxed hair pales in comparison. Actually, that was the impetus to going natural.
I love the versatility of my hair. I also love that if I want a straight look I can opt for a weave/clip ins/wig. As my hair gets longer I look forward to big blow outs with bantu knots, rod sets, and flexi rods. Me going natural has encouraged my mom to do the same, and she's enjoying her hair journey too :lol:

SuchaLady

Okay so yesterday I finally went to buy some liters of Joico since I had been buying a regular sized bottles. I realized that the liters are the regular conditioner and not the Treatment Balm I have been using. Its looking as if my treatment balm doesnt come in a liter size. :sad:

This seems to be the biggest size the balm comes in.

Last edited:

Kaitlynrs91

I just finished reading the curly girl book.. I'm low key wondering if this would really work on type 4b/c hair.. Seems like a lot of manipulation.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Hey ladies, I'm a long time lurker lol. I found a way to blow-dry my hair with no shed hair(I'm texlaxed by the way). I'm ecstatic! Lol, I used the Smooth n Shine foaming wrap lotion in the pink bottle, and my Yellowbird dryer. I use it on semi-damp hair that's parted in 6 braided sections (since I have a big head and some fairly thick hair), and each section was parted into one or two subsections. So I'd blow-dry on cool, then very hot, then cool again. I'm telling you ladies, I lost more hair combing, then actually blow-drying lol. I put in mini-braids a day later. I've been absolutely horrid to my hair this year, so I'm trying to make it up to Sybil (my hair lol).

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
Oh my goodness. I forgot to tell y'all I saw a man with blue, purple and grey kinky twists. I was so confused. I wish I could have snapped a pic.

SuchaLady

R u sure? You've come so far

I know :sad: but I don't enjoy my hair anymore. Truth be told I'm rather mean to her now because ignoring it is easier than wash day :look: I'm positive I'm will go natural later but now isn't the time. I may change my mind by the time of my appointment.

Britt

ditto to everything you posted!!!!!:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

for the first time in forever i am wearing my natural hair out curly during the week while going to work---i wake up just a few mins early to make sure i am good but its not as hard as i thought it would be--i usually reserve my natural hair in its curly state for the wknds and throw on a wig during the week but

my hair had a 1:1 with me and stated i am tired of you covering me all the time:lol: I'm beautiful and awesome...my hair basically chin checked me into reality:lachen:

love my hair--its big curls and awesome...i have been appreciating it---wearing it straightened but its time to embrace it in its natural curl pattern and all its glory!!!:yep:

lux10023 you betta rock it !!!!!! But I'm curious about your straight wigs... PM me about your wigs, I have a few questions lol.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I know :sad: but I don't enjoy my hair anymore. Truth be told I'm rather mean to her now because ignoring it is easier than wash day :look: I'm positive I'm will go natural later but now isn't the time. I may change my mind by the time of my appointment.

Wow, that was me exactly! Are we twins?:yep:
I was so mean to my hair, I'm surprised I have any left on my head. I've tried the Beautiful Textures TMS, then some time later, I bleached it, but just the top part, then 2 weeks later, I texlaxed it (I know, I said I was a bad girl lol). I still have a lot of texture left, and I flip-flop between wanting less texture and keeping the texture I have already. I figure with this handy-dandy blow-dry method I happen to discover, and these mini-braids, Sybil(my hair) and I have hugged and made-up lol. I'm of the mind, if it doesn't work for you any more, it's time to move on.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm about 90% sure that I will be installing some curl formers in my hair this weekend. They are a great PS while I'm working on me fitness:yep:

PlainJane

I completely understand. The first time I tried to transition I just kept getting sew ins...so when I finally took the sew ins out I realized that I didn't have the time, patience, or resources to figure the whole natural thing out so I relaxed a week later. And back then I didn't care about being natural I was just doing it for no reason. I'm more committed this time around because the state of my relaxed hair basically forced me to transition.

However, looking back I wish I would've kept going because that was over 3 years ago and I would've been fully natural by now lol.

Evolving78

I completely understand. The first time I tried to transition I just kept getting sew ins...so when I finally took the sew ins out I realized that I didn't have the time, patience, or resources to figure the whole natural thing out so I relaxed a week later. And back then I didn't care about being natural I was just doing it for no reason. I'm more committed this time around because the state of my relaxed hair basically forced me to transition. However, looking back I wish I would've kept going because that was over 3 years ago and I would've been fully natural by now lol.
I don't know what I want to do. I love relaxed hair, but due to my recklessness, I have jacked my hair up. Now I'm trying to decide if I want continue the relaxed road. I love showing length, I'm not fond of shrinkage. And being a straight hair natural is a lot of work! I'm only 12 weeks post right now.

Last edited:

SuchaLady

I completely understand. The first time I tried to transition I just kept getting sew ins...so when I finally took the sew ins out I realized that I didn't have the time, patience, or resources to figure the whole natural thing out so I relaxed a week later. And back then I didn't care about being natural I was just doing it for no reason. I'm more committed this time around because the state of my relaxed hair basically forced me to transition. However, looking back I wish I would've kept going because that was over 3 years ago and I would've been fully natural by now lol.

That's what I fear(ed) the most. Going natural later down the line and thinking of all the hair I relaxed in the past :lol: I love my texture though. It's sooooo pretty :yep: Maybe I'll try again in my 30s? Who knows.

Evolving78

Crazy talk. I'm sticking to the creamy crack. Once I reach WL, then I may try out transitioning. So 4 more weeks to go until my next relaxer.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Amazon just delivered my purple flexirods, Chi Keratin mist and biotin pills. I haven't used Chi Keratin in years, but I am a big fan of that line.

sgold04

I've had crochet braids for 3 out if the last 4 months, im taking this current set out in the next 2 weeks or so. I'm not sure if I will flat iron (haven't straightened since December 2013), get another set of crochet braids, or wear chunky twists/twist outs until around thanksgiving. I will definitely straighten for the holidays. Since I'm new to crochet braids, I want to straighten my hair to see if it's holding up well, I think my stylist is a little willy-nilly when adding the hair in, and I can assess damage easier when my hair is straight, plus I'm eager for an accurate length check....but I need to workout hardcore until the holidays, and that won't happen with straight hair. Ugh, decisions!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i'm tickled by the dramatic difference in my attitude towards my hair now vs. like 2 years ago when i was still excited
back then i'd be like yay, friday night, hair time! prepoo, 1 hr DC, then some elaborate style like a flexirod set or whatever.

now i'm under the dryer DC'ing like i'm tired of this already and i just got under 5 minutes ago. after this i'm contemplating a bun because i'm over it :lol: i have no patience anymore.
i have this hazy goal of WL in mind just to see if i can…hopefully this benign neglect will take me there.

ms.tatiana

My ends are raggedy, after my press tomorrow I'll clip my ends... It's dead hair but I hate to let it go plus I'll be back in a weave next Saturday but I'll still need to cut it. I'm happy my edges are looking a lot better.