Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

spellinto

Almost out of NTM mask but don't feel like repurchasing. Wondering if I can use my Hair One as a DC. You can do it with Wen, and Hair One is a cheaper copy of that so...it should work as a DC too, right? That would be great because my hair absolutely loves the stuff :lick:

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I wish I could get my hands on Silk2 Moistec conditioner.
It was perfect: reasonably priced, Black-owned, available in large sizes, easily absorbed with minimal heat, detangles, cone-free, left my hair soft, supple & moisturized for days.

No other conditioner performed like it.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using LHCF

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want to dye my hair in January to track my growth in 2015. I did it last year and the year before. The cool thing about dyeing it yearly is that I have ombre color towards the end of the year :yay:

Babygrowth

Every time I watch MoKnowsHair do a silk wrap I want to drop everything, buy those products, and set my hair instantly but I truly suck at it! I need to practice.

Guinan

Re-Branding
My hair looks HAM today. I tried out again the devacurl light holding gel and foam and it made my hair look frizzy. Plus it left a sticky feeling on my hair. But I'm still wearing my hair out b/c I made a promise to stop using wigs as a clutch.

overtherainbow

I did my first ”protein” DC in years now that my hair suddenly decided it loves protein. My hair felt so strong (I used the EVA NYC mask) and moisturized at the same time. I also washed my hair in sections for the first time in years and I'm a believer! I can't believe all this time I was too lazy to put my hair in sections. So much time was saved!

wannabelong

Not sure how I'm going to survive doing wash n go's during the Fall and Winter months. Wetting my hair daily when it's chilly/cold outside is not the business. I'll be glad when my hair grows long enough to do twistouts.

Babygrowth

I've got to go pull some things out of my tote. My Oyin BSP Elucence conditioner and who knows what else I've been forgetting about!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I put a rinse on my hair today and it pretty much all rinsed out :( I guess I should just switch to another brand. This is the second time that Beyond the Zone let me down. I don't get it, because when I was relaxed this was my favorite rinse.

Last edited:

Angelbean

It seems like my hair has turned against every conditioner I own, nothing provides slip anymore...I guess I will buy some new ones to try this weekend..

Evolving78

I don't know what to do! Texlax at 16 weeks, stretch until February, or stretch until April? It seems like the smart thing to do would be to texlax next month, and stretch for another 12-14 weeks. If I texlax next month, my hair will be stretched out enough to start bunning and go back to roller sets. So I think I will do that.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Decided to ENJOY MY HAIR this month. All these rules for retention has made having hair a chore and burdensome.

Aside from frying and dyeing it, me and these strands are gonna have fun and experiment with styles through Halloween. If that means cones, grease, wacky mousse oh well. Then back on the wagon through New Year.

ckisland

I'm putting away the heat, along with the scissors, for the next few years.

I will go from bald to WL in 3 years!!
I will go from bald to WL in 3 years!!!

I just have to not do anything stupid along the way :lol:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Just retwisted my hair.

Btw... im tripping right now that the winner of project runway is a member here.

Last edited:

Bun Mistress

I think I'm off sew-ins of a while. I took out my last weave last weekend. My hair is nice and healthy, it much longer, will condition twice a week like I used to and go from there.

gabulldawg

Loving my hair again today!!! :yay: I think the coconut oil is the trick. :yep: When I put what I think is too much oil it looks great and it seems like it stretches my hair a little. Today I can really tell that my hair is growing.

Britt

Just gonna have a moment here....
I :love: LOVE :love: my natural hair. I really do. I could have easily done this years ago. Transitioning was a pain in the beginning but things got easier. My only regrets is a bit of the heat damage I incurred during my transition. Other than that, I do love my natural hair. I love the way it looks on me, I love the feel of it. I love the volume, and I can't imagine how much more fierce it will be when it grows out. I truly think my relaxed hair pales in comparison. Actually, that was the impetus to going natural.
I love the versatility of my hair. I also love that if I want a straight look I can opt for a weave/clip ins/wig. As my hair gets longer I look forward to big blow outs with bantu knots, rod sets, and flexi rods. Me going natural has encouraged my mom to do the same, and she's enjoying her hair journey too :lol: