Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I taught DD how to finger detangle and wash her hair last night. She's growing up...This will really help me with her wash days though. She can finger detangle and wash, I'll apply conditioner and do a thorough detangle, she can rinse it out, and then I'll either braid/twist it or blow dry and flat iron.

I trimmed a long overdue inch off her ends. She was maaaad, but now she is really on her way. If I could just figure out how to keep her scarf/night cap on her head and/or her head on her satin pillow case at night, it would be even better.

Last edited:

Evolving78

I taught DD how to finger detangle and wash her hair last night. She's growing up...This will really help me with her wash days though. She can finger detangle and wash, I'll apply conditioner and do a thorough detangle, she can rinse it out, and then I'll either braid/twist it or blow dry and flat iron.

I trimmed a long overdue inch off her ends. She was maaaad, but now she is really on her way. If I could just figure out how to keep her scarf/night cap on her head and/or her head on her satin pillow case at night, it would be even better.

How old is she. I wish I could do that for DD.

ikandi87

My hair is thickening up...alot...too much for my liking. Im only sl so its a real struggle to get it in a ponytail. I tried to wear a banana clip last week...lmao it popped of when I smiled too hard! Guess I cant complain. ..only if my length could catch up!

Lilmama1011

My hair is thickening up...alot...too much for my liking. Im only sl so its a real struggle to get it in a ponytail. I tried to wear a banana clip last week...lmao it popped of when I smiled too hard! Guess I cant complain. ..only if my length could catch up!

Lol seriously? ikandi87 you smiled and it popped out?

Lilmama1011

Still loving my hair, still preserved my rollerset curls and running some oil and ampro no alcohol spritz daily and running it through a little and no comb used. I think I have only seen two shredded hairs

gabulldawg

The closer I get to the idea of taking these braids out the more nervous I Get about the BC. :ohwell: But I know that when these braids come out that's what I will need to do. Not dealing with braids anymore so they can't be my transition style. I'm kind of over wigs and my hair just does not look right with the exercising. What to do?

Lissa0821

Half wigs are the bomb.com, I just started wearing them a few weeks ago. I co-wash my hair on Sundays and braid it up. Pop that bad boy on Monday through Thursday. I do my whole wash routine on Thursdays with my rollersets for the weekend. It saves time in the mornings and my hair is protected during the week. I just coat my braids with a little moisturizer and oil before putting on my scarf at night.

gabulldawg

I try not to say never, but I think it's pretty safe to say that I will never get braids with hair added ever again. :nono:

EnExitStageLeft

lulu97

Thanks Girl! I can't wait to receive it.

:lol:@ the mannequin having a attitude. But did you check that eyeshadow and those lashes. I was looking at the wig and suddenly stopped to stare at her eyes.....trying to figure out the colors :lachen::lachen::lachen:.

EnExitStageLeft

divachyk

I understand. I've been thinking about this for a while because I kind of felt the same way, so after extensiveeeee research I decided on a indian remy "human" wig (I don't think I could actually wear true virgin hair). Its pretty processed from my understanding, but still good enough quality (if true IR) to last at least a year.....please correct me if I'm wrong ladies:).

I plan to do a review of the wig via my blog after wearing a few weeks to see how things go. I'm so excited :):):):):):spinning:

EnExitStageLeft

PinkSunshine77

Sorry about that girl :lol:. I tried twice to resize it.....no luck.

Rozlewis that wig is FIRE! I love the texture and wave. When do you plan to debut your wigs? HEY! Maybe this can help with your impending transition *HINT HINT* :poke: :lol:

If I like the wig I just purchased then I'll purchase another one, but a half wig this time in the same texture. I just think its so pretty. From the reviews I've seen its way kinkier in person.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
PinkSunshine77

Sorry about that girl :lol:. I tried twice to resize it.....no luck.

Rozlewis that wig is FIRE! I love the texture and wave. When do you plan to debut your wigs? HEY! Maybe this can help with your impending transition *HINT HINT* :poke: :lol:

If I like the wig I just purchased then I'll purchase another one, but a half wig this time in the same texture. I just think its so pretty. From the reviews I've seen its way kinkier in person.

the hotness of the wig made up for that :lol:

Last edited:

gabulldawg

My scalp is still irritated from the braids. :sad: I know they weren't too tight, so I know it was a reaction to the hair or something. It's terrible. I'll be glad when it's back to normal. I don't know if I have enough hair for a bc yet, but part of me just wants to get it over with. Tired of the hair fight.