Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SimJam

Don't know why I got these kinky twists, I like them but I miss my hair ... never fails

Day 4 ... the struggle is real

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
SuchaLady I won't relax until January. I was planning on waiting till I hit HL but I'm over this hair. It gets stuck everywhere. Idk how all the women with Whip & Hip length do it. I've had the most fun with my hair when it was heavily layered at shoulder length with a relaxer. I miss it.

How many weeks post are you? I'm jealous.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Saludable84, I complain a lot privately although I try to tame my tongue publicly. Truth of the matter, we're very blessed. My dear friend has alopecia and is totally bald in her crown. I'm certain she'd give anything to just be able to grow fuzz in that area. It's very sad and in those moments I realize how petty I'm being with complaining over a lost strand or two.

Kaitlynrs91

I'm on week 2 of my updo.. Hoping to make it to 3 weeks even with 5 days of going to the gym per week lol

Attachments

• image-3413440947.jpg
    image-3413440947.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
  • image-2840421832.jpg
    image-2840421832.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 13
  • image-956521990.jpg
    image-956521990.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 13

Lilmama1011

My twist out came out cute. I did eight twists this time and it better. I Also avoided the amorphous foam wrap but realistically it's still there because I didn't wash my hair, I just required. I did use the thermal spritz though. Heading to the doctor looking cute. I hope my Health is cute as well......

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Need to get off my butt to mix this henna! But I am tired - just finished prepping for dinner. Homemade buffalo wings with seasoned fries :lick: :lick:

JosieLynn

My friend wants to try strand by strand extensions on me but using natural hair extensions. I'm interested but I've never done it before. Anybody ever done it???? Oh and it's the bead method, NOT fusion

ImanAdero

Currently deep conditioning... I literally haven't deep conditioned in about 3 months... WELL overdue!

Just watching chopped with a target bag on my head. Probably gonna keep it on another 45 minutes or so.

LadyRaider

If my natural nape hair was indication of what my natural hair would be, I'd transition today. So curly, coily and cute.

You'd be styling and cute regardless. You know that.

I had a strand or two of hair touching the '6' on my length check shirt. That's APL. But of course I went and got a hair cut. Now it's gone. Brrrr. At least I took a picture.

SuchaLady

SlimPickinz No idea. Im well over 52 weeks :lol: Im not liking this at all though; think I may go back to relaxing twice per year.

SuchaLady I won't relax until January. I was planning on waiting till I hit HL but I'm over this hair. It gets stuck everywhere. Idk how all the women with Whip & Hip length do it. I've had the most fun with my hair when it was heavily layered at shoulder length with a relaxer. I miss it.

How many weeks post are you? I'm jealous.

oneastrocurlie

I think I'll cowash today. Not feeling how my flat twist out turned out.

I also can tell a difference in me not use protein last wash. My hair feels just fine but my curls in the shorter parts of my tapered cut aren't as defined as they have been when I used Aphoghee 2 Min.

gabulldawg

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I think I've officially made the decision to go natural. I have been thinking about health a lot lately after losing weight and trying to eat better. I think natural hair is healthier. Plus I want to be a good role model to my daughter and I want her to continue to love her natural hair. I've been doing a lot of research and have had a friend help me and she has given me some good info. I think I may be able to do it. My plan is to transition without doing the BC. I don't think I can handle that right now. :lol: I'm going to try wearing braids for a while to help ease the transition. I think the good thing is that I don't have much relaxed hair, so if things get too complicated I may cut once my natural hair is longer. Hope this works out!

Anticipatience08

This is the longest I've gone without wearing a weave, and it scares me! I'm so afraid of having a setback because I don't know what to do with my hair ever since going natural. And I've been natural for a couple of years now.

But how else will I get to know my hair if I don't do anything with it? The thought of doing something wrong makes me nervous.

I laughed at myself for being so amazed at how my hair went from being straight to shrinking into a poof when I washed it in the shower the other day. I've always known that's what it does, but in that moment it was the coolest thing in the world to me. I'd never experienced it while alone, just in the salon with my stylist, so I never thought twice about it. I was like, my hair is MAGIC lol

oneastrocurlie

This is the longest I've gone without wearing a weave, and it scares me! I'm so afraid of having a setback because I don't know what to do with my hair ever since going natural. And I've been natural for a couple of years now.

But how else will I get to know my hair if I don't do anything with it? The thought of doing something wrong makes me nervous.

I laughed at myself for being so amazed at how my hair went from being straight to shrinking into a poof when I washed it in the shower the other day. I've always known that's what it does, but in that moment it was the coolest thing in the world to me. I'd never experienced it while alone, just in the salon with my stylist, so I never thought twice about it. I was like, my hair is MAGIC lol

Your sentence in the middle is very true about how else will you get to know your hair.

SuchaLady

I can't figure out what I want to do with my hair. I was going to get it braided next week but my friend decided she wants to have a birthday dinner Friday :rolleyes: I can blow it out Friday morning, wear that for a week, and then get my hair braided or not go at all and get my hair done Monday :look:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I really want to do a sew in. My wig regimen is too time consuming. Not to mention some days I almost forget to throw it on (my wig). I am going to look online for some hair to install...

alex114

There are soooo many challenges I feel like I should've joined for 2014! When I was deep conditioning today, I felt like I should've been in that challenge. And when I bought amla oil and used it for the first time yesterday and fell straight in love, I felt like I should've been in THAT challenge lolol
I am in the wig and APL/BSL 2014 challenge so that's nice lol
But I just deep conditioned with amla oil, shea moisture deep treatment masque, and unyevu butter. My hair feels great ^_^ (Even though I'm going to trim another inch or 2 sometime in the next couple of weeks, since I'm nearing the very end of my transition-- I technically have no relaxed hair left, since even my ends fro up now! But I want another 1-3 inches of the ends gone, just to be able to truly call myself natural, you know? It still feels kinda unreal to me :D )

overtherainbow

This move is messing up my hair. It's dry,frizzy and it was shedding last week. My hair is never dry unless its dirty or if I used a drying product. Did a wash and DC today and just gave myself a dusting to start fresh. We'll see what happens after I let my twists down tomorrow morning...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Since I skipped my wash day this week I am making up for it with a full head baggy. I used Aphogee keratin, aloe vera juice, glycerin and Aussie Moist. This should keep my ends happy until next wash day.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
So I have decided that I will grow out the relaxer and go back to natural. After three years I don't have much to show for it. It's time for a do-over. Since I won't being keeping the relaxer I now look forward to having magenta-colored bangs. :)