Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

spellinto

I'm really happy right now! I created a way to "cheat" the look of a French roll and it looks super cute on me! :grin: I couldn't figure out how to stuff my hair into a French roll so I just ad libbed and I love the results. it's a messy faux French roll that protects my ends and easy to style and recreate for the "stylistically challenged" :look: I've been practicing protective styles that will give me a break from bunning & manipulation. next on my list to try is the grecian braided crown.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I want to wash my hair. But in not in the mood. I may go to the salon for the first time since 2010 today. $14 wash & set?? Yes please.

Lilmama1011

My twist out did not hold up at all. It looks a poofy slightly curly mess. I assume because it was on wet hair. When I went from braid out to twist out I just moisturizes and sealed so the curl didn't lock in. I should have sprayed my hair down first

Sholapie

After 6 months I finally have enough hair to care about deep conditioning. I really want to try out keracare's range of products, I don't really know why. I loved the humecto when I was relaxed but now i'm natural i'm looking at the intensive masque. I hated their leave ins so I will skip all of those (too greasy and perfumy)

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Tomorrow I will be mixing my henna and placing it in the freezer in prep for Friday. It will be my first time doing henna and indigo. *crosses fingers*

ImanAdero

I think I'm going to do a purple rinse. I kind of want to go darker so I want a DARK purple.

Also so it looks professional/subtle. Can't have myself looking crazy.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
My hair is just now starting to feel "normal" after that wet line extreme gel gummy bear gook. My hair was sooo dry and tangled. It's like it lodged itself deep into the cortex of mi pelo :cry3: *shakes fist* never shall you ascend from the depths of my trash can! I rebuke that gel!! shalahleyah ramalamadingdong

PureSilver

Sometimes my efforts to do a braid or twist out would have my hair looking all kinds of crazy to go to bed for example last night.

Good news is I undo the crazy plaits later this even and my SO loved it. Well that's a first. I'll keep trying though, I admit they came out way more defined than ever so I'm happy to know I can achieve that.

Lilmama1011

I don't think I like that ampro mousse. It gives that crunchy feeling and might be what's flaking. Also my hair doesn't last long. O will try the thermal spritz for hold and if not I'm going back to b&b foam wrap

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
If my natural nape hair was indication of what my natural hair would be, I'd transition today. So curly, coily and cute.

PureSilver

divachyk if only my dear we weren't blessed with such versatility as a people from the crown of our heads to the soles of our feet. Black hair is truly diverse.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
My hair is just now starting to feel "normal" after that wet line extreme gel gummy bear gook. My hair was sooo dry and tangled. It's like it lodged itself deep into the cortex of mi pelo :cry3: *shakes fist* never shall you ascend from the depths of my trash can! I rebuke that gel!! shalahleyah ramalamadingdong
:lachen:

I love that gel, Im sorry it didnt work out, lolol whiteoleander91

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Everyday I do my hair and complain to myself. My personal insults are that my hair is not long enough, pretty enough, straight enough, manageable enough, too big, too textured, not textured enough, could be less straight, could be darker and so on.

Then I walk out in the street and see heads, natural and relaxed, looking sad, pitiful, thin, struggling, wondering if it's on the side of a milk carton because it's very much lost and missing. And I'm not being funny with that analogy. That's when I stop complaining about my head.

At some point, I have to just be satisfied with this head.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Everyday I do my hair and complain to myself. My personal insults are that my hair is not long enough, pretty enough, straight enough, manageable enough, too big, too textured, not textured enough, could be less straight, could be darker and so on. Then I walk out in the street and see heads, natural and relaxed, looking sad, pitiful, thin, struggling, wondering if it's on the side of a milk carton because it's very much lost and missing. And I'm not being funny with that analogy. That's when I stop complaining about my head. At some point, I have to just be satisfied with this head.

The struggle is real. I have moments these days where I want to just chop my hair off out of sheer frustration, but then I realize it could be worse.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

PureSilver

Sitting with 3 different conditioners I've mixed in my hair hoping to get rid of this dry crunchy feeling that rosemary tea rinse gave me.

AgeinATL

Everyday I do my hair and complain to myself. My personal insults are that my hair is not long enough, pretty enough, straight enough, manageable enough, too big, too textured, not textured enough, could be less straight, could be darker and so on.

Then I walk out in the street and see heads, natural and relaxed, looking sad, pitiful, thin, struggling, wondering if it's on the side of a milk carton because it's very much lost and missing. And I'm not being funny with that analogy. That's when I stop complaining about my head.

At some point, I have to just be satisfied with this head.

Tasia, you crazy girl!! :lachen: