Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I want to join a challenge but I'm so worried I'm going to obsess about my hair and do something stupid to it. Anyway my hair is basically back to where it was before I transitioned and went natural. I'm relaxed again but it really is just half-way. Can't wait until it gets long enough for curly buns.

I'm giving away a q-redew for my birthday. ( check it out if youre interested, 4 more days)

I turn 36 tomorrow and I'm kinda excited about it but I'm worried about if my hair texture will change as I get older. My gray hairs have not one bit of curl in them. -_-

i need to stay away from heat the whole summer, if possible.

and i hate every textured style i've done so far on my short hair. (growing out a TWA) i might try a twist and curl tonight, see how that turns out.

I am back on this tonight.
I have fallen off of all things hair related.
I shampood and DC'd overnight yesterday and took down my 1 month old twists.

M&S has been something foreign to me lol

I need to get cornrows.

If it is going to be as hot as it was this weekend, I am going to have to DC and cowash more than I did in the winter.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

If it is going to be as hot as it was this weekend, I am going to have to DC and cowash more than I did in the winter.

Whew! I was out and ran my hands through my hair. Not only was my hair burning up but it was rough feeling! My cuticles were raised. Breakbreakbreak city. You got the right idea.

So that one spot on my head that was hurting under my weave? Even after I cut the strings and removed some of the pressure, it still hurts. I think the skin is just being pulled way too tight there. I looked at it this afternoon and the skin looks DRY. Almost like its been stressed there and kind of flaking or something. LIterally though, it's this 1x.5 inch area in the top center of my hairline.

I'm kind of concerned. I do not believe I should pay $140 to take out half my weave to alleviate this one area, but I also dont' want a 1x.5 area of thin edges. I don't know what to do. I'm pretty upset by it.

In the meantime, I'll gonna oil the spot to soothe the skin there. Kind of upset. Never weaving up my edges again.

naija24 said:
So that one spot on my head that was hurting under my weave? Even after I cut the strings and removed some of the pressure, it still hurts. I think the skin is just being pulled way too tight there. I looked at it this afternoon and the skin looks DRY. Almost like its been stressed there and kind of flaking or something. LIterally though, it's this 1x.5 inch area in the top center of my hairline.

I'm kind of concerned. I do not believe I should pay $140 to take out half my weave to alleviate this one area, but I also dont' want a 1x.5 area of thin edges. I don't know what to do. I'm pretty upset by it.

In the meantime, I'll gonna oil the spot to soothe the skin there. Kind of upset. Never weaving up my edges again.

Naija, my sister is a licensed stylist and she said anytime you have pain to remove the weave immediately. She does not weave in edges at all. Weaves should not hurt.

There was a member on here that had her weave in less than a week and she had a bald spot exactly where she had pain. A quarter sized bald spot in the top of her head.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

HanaKuroi I literally do not have the money to remove this weave right now. I wont until next week, which is the time I'm planning to remove the top or get a closure.

What do I do in the meantime between now and next Friday? It will cost me $140 to pay for the removal and replace the weave. the struggle is real, ladies. Unless I just paid the $50 and removed the weave itself. That's an option. I just don't want jacked looking hair.

I'm legit nervous about my hair...I have an interview tomorrow so I can't remove the hair until at the earliest Thursday night. I was thinking that I'd just remove it myself (carefully of course) and straight my hair for a leaveout but I don't think I"m skilled enough to do that.

EDIT: I just called my stylist and she said that she can squeeze me in at 8pm yay!! Im taking this **** OUT. My edges are too valuable and I do not want a setback. I'm just gonna straight my leaveout for now and pay for a closure next paycheck.

Last edited:
naija24 said:
HanaKuroi I literally do not have the money to remove this weave right now. I wont until next week, which is the time I'm planning to remove the top or get a closure.

What do I do in the meantime between now and next Friday? It will cost me $140 to pay for the removal and replace the weave. the struggle is real, ladies. Unless I just paid the $50 and removed the weave itself. That's an option. I just don't want jacked looking hair.

I'm legit nervous about my hair...I have an interview tomorrow so I can't remove the hair until at the earliest Thursday night. I was thinking that I'd just remove it myself (carefully of course) and straight my hair for a leaveout but I don't think I"m skilled enough to do that.

EDIT: I just called my stylist and she said that she can squeeze me in at 8pm yay!! Im taking this **** OUT. My edges are too valuable and I do not want a setback. I'm just gonna straight my leaveout for now and pay for a closure next paycheck.

Good! You can't take a chance on scalp damage or a severe setback.

Good-luck!

This may just be my last weave. I hate the idea of having to pay this much for hair related stuff. I just really enjoy the ease of this particular PS since I can't bun just yet.

Only 3 more inches, only 3 more inches....

This may just be my last weave. I hate the idea of having to pay this much for hair related stuff. I just really enjoy the ease of this particular PS since I can't bun just yet.

Don't rule it out. Just leave your edges out and make sure they don't braid too tight. I think weaves are a very good protective style. You just have to make sure it is done correctly.

3 ppl have asked me if my hair is real this week. It's just been in a bun, and kinda frizzy and dry. Idk what sparked the questions

I hate the fact that stylists have terrible reps and now if we choose to go to a stylist we have to watch them like a hawk because we can't trust these THOTS LOL . I swear that word is hilarious: wipes tears:

What about wigs or half wigs? There are a lot of cute affordable options out there and you don't have to worry about them being too tight.

I'm over here like.....I miss my curls!!! If I'm trippin like this over a flexi rod set, then I don't have any business tryna flat iron anytime soon. Lol.

Oh snap! Guess who getting paid this weekend? Imma go buy me some wavy freetress for the crochets braids I will install next weekend. Usually I install Bohemian but im sick of that.

Anxious for your update naija24

I've thought about that too. Still considering it

You can learn to braid and tack a wig on with a few stitches! You can buy a red wig and not have to worry about dye. You can have instant red hair and you won't have to worry about the upkeep of red hair.

Y'all I have found my go to weave stylist! I told her my scalp use hurting and she was just as concerned as I was.

This woman took out the top of my weave, half of my cornrows, redid the cornrows to be looser which they are, re weaved me and even styled! She squeezed me in at 8pm and I just finished but I don't care.

image-3731720871.jpg

image-3077211506.jpg

Best of all, she did all of this for 80 dollars. I'm so happy. My hair feels so much better, as well as my scalp! I'll never do a full weave again. Thanks HanaKuroi! If I didn't take it out, I'm certain that part of my hairline would have never recovered. It's still sore but i avoided a setback!!

naija24 said:
Y'all I have found my go to weave stylist! I told her my scalp use hurting and she was just as concerned as I was.

This woman took out the top of my weave, half of my cornrows, redid the cornrows to be looser which they are, re weaved me and even styled! She squeezed me in at 8pm and I just finished but I don't care.

Best of all, she did all of this for 80 dollars. I'm so happy. My hair feels so much better, as well as my scalp! I'll never do a full weave again. Thanks HanaKuroi! If I didn't take it out, I'm certain that part of my hairline would have never recovered. It's still sore but i avoided a setback!!

Whew! I am glad you went and had it redone. You don't want Naomi edges.

I would baby that spot that is sore.

I am taking that's curls brule back! It does not respond well on my. It makes my hair very dry. Usually I could run my hair through my new growth no matter how many weeks post. My curls were dried out and ends wrapped around one another and I had to be very gentle detangling and prepping for my relaxer . My hair felt like hay. SO said he noticed my hair was dry and his as well. Why didn't he say anything? I usually don't have dry hair. Will be trying cantu hair lotion or go back to as I am leave in

Back