Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lately, I've been taking a shower with no shower cap. I just apply a little coconut oil and my hair looks great. I only use a SC for pin curls and DCing now.

Old behind rubber bands. Popped while in my ponytail rollers. And some popped after simply taking the roller out lol. Have to get some new ones. The hair friendly ones of course. Even though I like not having to slide it down the hair lol

My hair is going to lest forever because I used so much mousse to get the ends flat. I felt how crunchy it was but it wrapped well and my ends look great but my hair is going to be extra drawn up I assume after taking it out the wrap

Lately, I've been taking a shower with no shower cap. I just apply a little coconut oil and my hair looks great. I only use a SC for pin curls and DCing now.
I do this too. The steam from the shower moisturizes my hair

Last edited:
Can touching someone without their permission be considered assault? And if so then touching someone's hair (that is a part of them) without their permission should also be considered assault. So I should be allowed to mace strangers that come up and touch my hair without permission, because they're assaulting me...yeah. I'm gonna buy some mace.

Last edited:
I tried Aussie 3min Miracle for the first time today, I'm in love! I can't believe I've slept on this conditioner.

I almost bust my head open getting in the shower because of my conditioning yesterday. I was holding on that shower curtain for dear life lol

Does anyone use Aussie shampoo?

I use the Aussie Moist version off & on in conjunction with the Aussie moist conditioner or 3 minute miracle. It's a good shampoo for a great value. It doesn't strip my hair but still has the power to remove buildup. It has enough slip for me to start my detangling process. It rinses out without residue.

Missing The Hair & Body Boutique so much! I wish another natural hair care product shop would open in Maryland. I'm sick of waiting for my goodies to ship.

Ladies! Help me please!

In order to prepare my relaxed hair for Senegalese Twists, I will be doing a protein treatment with Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener. Which Silk Dreams moisturizing conditioner should I use after the protein treatment and why?

Here are my choices in no particular order:
- Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream
- Chocolate Bliss Conditioner
- Razzberry Coconut Affair
- Shea What! Duex

PerFicMsFit ^^Razzberry Coconut, or Shea What! Deux.

I have no problem using Vanilla Silk after protein treatments. It is my HG and very moisturizing. However it does have silk proteins, and if you are protein sensitive, you may not like that.

I use the Aussie Moist version off & on in conjunction with the Aussie moist conditioner or 3 minute miracle. It's a good shampoo for a great value. It doesn't strip my hair but still has the power to remove buildup. It has enough slip for me to start my detangling process. It rinses out without residue.

Perfect! I need a moisturizing shampoo & I notice this doesn't get mentioned often.

I'm loving my see in right now... I swear my stylist has magic hands. I'll probably see someone else for a sew in next time only because she charges so much, but otherwise she is amazing.

It's odd though because my head doesn't hurt, but it is So tight lol. Like I feel like my eyes are extra wide haha. But it doesn't hurt! So that's good.

I see a couple splits, booooo! Might be time for a trim anyway. I really need to keep track cause I don't remember how long ago I trimmed exactly.

curlyTisME

You're currently uploading the pictures as I type right? TIA!

----

I finally have time to use the new Loreal dc I picked up, but I can't decide what shampoo to use. I can try the matching Loreal poo or use my beloved Matrix or Ion poo. Decisions, decisions.

PerFicMsFit ^^Razzberry Coconut, or Shea What! Deux.

I have no problem using Vanilla Silk after protein treatments. It is my HG and very moisturizing. However it does have silk proteins, and if you are protein sensitive, you may not like that.

Froreal3 Thank you for the suggestion! I'm not protein sensitive and I feel like I need to infuse my hair with much moisture before going into a long term protective style. I was just afraid that the Vanilla Silk would cancel out the strengthening benefits of the protein treatment. I am trying to have my hair as balanced as possible before putting it away.

Last edited:
These days every time I complete a wash session from start to finish, I give myself a little pat on the back. It's a real accomplishment lol

I wrapped my hair yesterday and didn't go anywhere today and don't know whether I should unwrap it to "breathe" or just moisturize and seal in the wrap and put scarf back on. What should I do?

My hair was HUGE today! Very soft, moisturized, and fluffy. It was a second day wash and go. I'm really starting to feel like I have a lot of hair. I can see why ppl change their length goals once they hit certain milestones. It's a lot to care for, a lot of work, a lot of patience. It's like I'm having to re-learn how to care for my hair. I'm having to re-define what results are "acceptable"...and that my hair doesn't always have to be perfect for it to feel great and be healthy.

I dry detangled my hair today on a whim! It actually went fine. My hair felt stronger, and I had a lot less hair in the brush, surprisingly. Oh yeah, and I picked up a hair brush on a whim today :lol: I usually haaaate hair brushes, but it worked great for dry detangling.

Back