Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Duchess007

Just got in town for Easter and the relatives already up in my hair smh.

Is that all yo hair?
Yes
Lemme see
Um you're looking at it right now
Lemme see it closer tho *pats and parts hair* Oh that IS all yo hair!

4 times within 2 hrs

You'd think I had hair down to my knees with these extra reactions.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Smiley79

:look:Am I the only one who applies my conditioner like a relaxer?

I want to find some nice hair accessories to jazz up my puffs and other natural hair styles.

Blairx0

I just appiled a hot oil treatment with a color/relaxer brush and it was GREAT! great coverage and it felt nice too

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
:look:Am I the only one who applies my conditioner like a relaxer? I want to find some nice hair accessories to jazz up my puffs and other natural hair styles.

I always do. It is therapeutic to me and provides the best result.

As I type this I have step two of my protein treatment marinating on my strands....applied relaxer style! ;)

PureSilver

Finally got my hands on the moisturizer i've been wanting for so long and i bought the biggest bottle. Now my hair is #HAPPY :yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:

HanaKuroi

PureSilver said:
Finally got my hands on the moisturizer i've been wanting for so long and i bought the biggest bottle. Now my hair is #HAPPY :yay::yay::yay:

You can't say something like that and not tell us what it is. :)

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Forever in Bloom

Very random, but I think I am the only one who loves apple cider vinegar!! I love the way it smells, tastes, and makes me feel overall. I use it internally (2 tbsp with 16 ounces a water 2 times a day), on my skin as a toner, and will go back to using it on my hair. All things coconut and lemons/limes rock my world too!! I love vinegary and tart foods. Lemon water first thing in the morning with fresh lemons and water are a beautiful thing as well.

Last edited:

naija24

So I have almost 2 inches of new growth at 10 weeks post. I'm at about pixie length hair. I should hit ear length by the end of May or so. Neck length won't come until July or August, when I plan to chop. I don't know if I can hold out!! I just know that I don't want to chop and be pixie length.

Victoria44

I had a break through with my hair today, it was like magic! My braid outs have been soo flat, dull and stringy for the past 6-8 months and I didn't think there was anything I could do about it. I just thought my hair is changing with length and I have to deal with it, but today I decided to put it up in a pineapple and let it steam in the shower and it came out AMAZING. All of the stringy, dense, dread-like section poofed out and I had a huge pretty braid out ... I was so shocked... Such a simple solution. I hope it wasn't a one time thing and I can do this all the time now!

nerdography

My hair is doing well. It surprises me because normally my hair is dry. But, it's been moisturized over a week and it hasn't tangled. Interesting.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
My hair feels long to me and its not even APL. its more like a full shoulder length. I can never get the ladies who scoff at shorter lengths. "I need to get to classic length before i can feel like my hair is long" :rolleyes:

HanaKuroi

I was trying to figure out why my hair is so defined and springy. I used protein the other day. I love Millcreek keratin and Giovanni's Nutrafix combo. DH kept squeezing my hair while we were all watching a movie. Lol

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

naija24

My hair feels long to me and its not even APL. its more like a full shoulder length. I can never get the ladies who scoff at shorter lengths. "I need to get to classic length before i can feel like my hair is long" :rolleyes:

Full shoulder is awesome. I think that's the universal length where your hair is no longer "short". I'd love to be full shoulder.

Napp what happened to your blog?

faithVA

:look:Am I the only one who applies my conditioner like a relaxer?

I want to find some nice hair accessories to jazz up my puffs and other natural hair styles.

It is the only way I can apply mine between the density and the shrinkage. Just trying to apply it to my strands and massaging it in will not work.

gabulldawg

I think I'm actually going to stick with this natural thing for a while. My bald spots are growing in (finally). I will have to decide what to do once I am done with the wigs.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@ HanaKuroi I bought some henna gloss conditioner and a henna gloss bar. I remember you had recommended trying out henna, I didn't want to do full on henna so that's why I figured I'd get the gloss instead.

Idk when I will try them since I am set to move. I have a question though. I've always used color rinses in my hair, semi permanent rinses are fine but permanent/ dyes are not right?

TIA

HanaKuroi

flyygirlll2 said:
@ HanaKuroi I bought some henna gloss conditioner and a henna gloss bar. I remember you had recommended trying out henna, I didn't want to do full on henna so that's why I figured I'd get the gloss instead.

Idk when I will try them since I am set to move. I have a question though. I've always used color rinses in my hair, semi permanent rinses are fine but permanent/ dyes are not right?

TIA

I can answer the first part. A henna gloss is simply mixing up henna with warm water(or another liquid), waiting for color release and then instead of applying to your hair as you would for a full henna treatment, you add condtioner. Some use half henna and half conditioner. Make sure it is a moisturizing conditioner though. I am not at all familiar with te henna gloss conditioner or the gloss bar you mentioned.

I think the question that needs to be asked is if you plan on using chemical dyes in the future.

The issue with any chemical dye and the result you will get from henna varies. I'll come bck to that later unless one of the ladies here answers first. Henna and chemical dyes can be complicated.

What are the names of the henna products you plan on using?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

mz.rae

This is my first time going a full two weeks without washing my hair, and it is killing me!!! I guess it is a good thing I am sick a it keeps me from washing my hair. Saturday needs to hurry up I really am anxious to try out my new flat iron!!

Lilmama1011

I enjoyed my braids but can't wait to take them a loose and wash it. Idk what I'm going to do. I'm seriously scared of curl formers. Might do a braidout Mohawk style. So said he liked my braid and bun style because its different from my usual curls. Oh well

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I can answer the first part. A henna gloss is simply mixing up henna with warm water(or another liquid), waiting for color release and then instead of applying to your hair as you would for a full henna treatment, you add condtioner. Some use half henna and half conditioner. Make sure it is a moisturizing conditioner though. I am not at all familiar with te henna gloss conditioner or the gloss bar you mentioned. I think the question that needs to be asked is if you plan on using chemical dyes in the future. The issue with any chemical dye and the result you will get from henna varies. I'll come bck to that later unless one of the ladies here answers first. Henna and chemical dyes can be complicated. What are the names of the henna products you plan on using? I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I bought the henna gloss conditioner from Shi- Naturals and the henna gloss bar is from K.J. Naturals. I haven't received them yet though. I'm just still a little on the fence about it since I use semi permanent color rinses sometimes and just in case I want to dye my hair in the future I'd like to know the effects, especially given the fact that I have relaxed hair.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

ScorpioBeauty09

Even though I'm getting my hair re-twisted at the end of the week I decided to wash my hair this afternoon since I've gone way longer without washing than I planned and my scalp feels so good.:grin:

Curlywurly10

I gave my mum a mini/big chop today. She was in desperate need as her hair has been breaking a lot and so is all different lengths. She feels she doesn't have time to care for it. I've bought her new hair products and given her a simple list of do's and dont's. So today is the start of her HHJ! I've tried to talk her into joining LHCF but she's not convinced. One step at a time!

Before...

image-2564494955.jpg

And after...

image-3542810873.jpg

image-1756252857.jpg

Lilmama1011

Glad i took those braids loose, i was scratching like crazy. Can't wait to do my hair later, still don't know what I'm doing

ckisland

Why am I sitting in the Student Center watching a dang Trisha episode about natural hair and weave!!!!!! Ugggggghhhhhhh!!! I want to choke that British chick out right now!
And why are the upcoming episodes:
Does your family disapprove of your interracial relationship? And
Are you outspoken about hating your race?

I just can't

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Full shoulder is awesome. I think that's the universal length where your hair is no longer "short". I'd love to be full shoulder.

Napp what happened to your blog?

I am totally feeling the shoulder length life! its still easy to manage and looks good on me.(shrinks into a cute bob shape)

I am very busy with schoolwork and looking for a job once i graduate so i dont have the time to blog anymore. It was fun while it lasted.

Smiley79

What in the world is going on with my hair! My hair has been shedding like crazy. Geesh.

And what's up with my edges looking real thin lately...I'm not weaving, wigging or doing anything to bother it. Just when my hair was starting to act right, now I have these issues. smh!

mz.rae

4 more days till wash day!!! I can do it I can make it!! I know after I do this for awhile going two weeks isn't going to be so bad.