Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

HanaKuroi

Lilmama1011 said:
Wtf. ......

:lol:

And nothing bad happened. My hair isn't tangled at all. Sometimes my night routine is annoying. I slept so well. No slipping scarf to readjust in the middle of the night. I am going to do this more often. I can do this more often. Defined, completely dry hair doesn't tangle up.

My hair is ready to go. No unbraiding this morning. I will either have a puff or a large, tucked, puff bun. I might even wear it loose. :)

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

faithVA

:lol:

And nothing bad happened. My hair isn't tangled at all. Sometimes my night routine is annoying. I slept so well. No slipping scarf to readjust in the middle of the night. I am going to do this more often. I can do this more often. Defined, completely dry hair doesn't tangle up.

My hair is ready to go. No unbraiding this morning. I will either have a puff or a large, tucked, puff bun. I might even wear it loose. :)

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

:yay:

When my hair maintains moisture I can go to bed free and it's fine.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
That's amazing. I can't do that even with my straight hair. I have to at least put a bobby pin it or else the next day when I comb it :nono: snap, crackle & pop.

spellinto

I have a Paul Mitchell haul today! I found products at lower prices at a salon in my local mall.

I bought the Kid's Taming Spray to detangle with. There was a Lite Detangler and a rinse out detangler as well, bought I wanted a spray detangler and the saleswoman (who was very friendly and helpful!) said this one was better than the "adult" version. So far I've used it on dry, 1 mo post hair and I like it! Of course, I'll have to test it out more and use it when I have more new growth to determine how I really feel about it.

I also picked up the Super Skinny Smoothing Daily Treatment and a sample size of the Super Skinny Smoothing Serum. I also got some free Biolage samples :) I was tempted to buy the Biolage keratin leave in but I want to order the sample version online first.

Last edited:

Aviah

I thought it would be tough trying to keep to this really reduced heat regimen this year. But as it gets longer, I find I don't want to use heat on it as much. It's just more hassle to keep it looking right until it gets dry and greasy at the end of the week. For only one week it's becoming less and less worth it. Still can't wait till WL though.

Aviah

I think I might have measured incorrectly on my last length check, I am on schedule (barely) to make WL this year. Even if I do, it will be tippy-tip-toeing

lux10023

ummm so i have to wash and deep condition my hair on fridayyyy---and let just say its been awhile---cough b4 vacay smdh @ myself...

Mische

I literally cannot find this damn Shea Moisture Purification Masque anywhere. South Jersey is blowing mine.

naija24

Why do you need 3 inches of hair for a sew in when you can cornrow hair with just 2? Heck I got braids installed when I had just 1 inch of hair.

shortt29

image-2405555283.jpg

Trimmed/cut my natural hair tonight...one side was way longer than the other...one side still had some permed ends. I will inspect how well I did once I straighten this weekend

mz.rae

Just had the craziest dream, I had a dream that someone put a relaxer in my head when they were supposed to just flat iron it. I was furious and was thinking guess I have to transition all over again lol. Luckily I woke up and realized it was just a dream... Wooooo...

Anywho, I hope this new regimen I have works for me trying to get to BSL the end of summer. I am currently a little pass arm pit length now.

Angelicus

Turned into a dang hair care snob. Ran out of Silk Dreams and need a good smelling quality moisturizing conditioner quickly...one under 5 dollars... shoot...

Might have to break down and get a trial size of Shea Moisture Products from Target. I really want to give this line a shot... it better be good too.

My hair stinks and it is all my fault. Slept with an avocado-olive oil masque and my hair smells like spoiled guacamole. That's why I need an incredible smelling moisturizing conditioner.

Sade'

This Wagmans natural curly hair is gorgeous! Can't wait to have it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

faithVA

My hair did so well this week. If I didn't need to do a protein treatment tonight, I really think it would hold up over the weekend. Usually my hair is shot in 3 days. I hope this is a sign of good things to come in the future.

Lilmama1011

My hair in boxbraids are so easy to maintain. The scarf lays it down nicely and i just keep it in a bunnish style with a satin scrunchie on top. It makes me want to do it again next week. I will see how my hair responds after taking it out on monday or Tuesday

ronie

Am I the only one who goes through moments where your natural hair is just really misbehaving and mean lol then it goes back to normal?

Never fails. This journey has been such a roller coaster. One week my hair is not growing, dry, does not curl up, does not respond to staple products, and let s not even talk about styling. Then all of a sudden, I have the softest, most obedient, beautiful head of natural hair.
I think that when my hair is at its best, I tend to neglect it, and stray away from simple stuff like m&s, sleep with a satin bonnet, make sure to twist hair before bed, prepoo before shampooing.. In return it tells me in the rudest way to get back to work. I need to be on my a game all the time with this hair.

Lilmama1011

I am loving how moisturized and sealed my braids stay. I moisturized two days ago and put hair into ponytail and did pull it all the way through, wrapped my ends around and put a satin scrunchie, my ends are literally slightly wet to the touch amazing

veesweets

I have no clue what I wanna do with my hair for tomorrow..I know I'm going to blow dry before I style though so that's a start

shasha8685

Gonna sit under my hooded dryer until my hair is 80% dry....then I'll finish up with the blow dryer.

Straightening my hair is such an event...

krissyhair

I'm going to perfect my buns and wear a bun all summer. I need to do it without pulling too tight and keeping it nice and neat.

spellinto

I did a mini trial of the PM super skinny serum on my bangs by applying my leave in and sealing with the serum. This was two days ago and ny bangs still feel super soft. Plus the serum is an amazing detangler! I've made up my mind to try sealing with it on my entire head of hair on Monday after my wash. I've never really used a serum to seal before, so I'll take note of how my hair feels throughout the week. I'm hoping this will do wonders for my ends!

FollicleFanatic

Just got in town for Easter and the relatives already up in my hair smh.

Is that all yo hair?
Yes
Lemme see
Um you're looking at it right now
Lemme see it closer tho *pats and parts hair* Oh that IS all yo hair!

4 times within 2 hrs

You'd think I had hair down to my knees with these extra reactions.